What's new

The Uyghur issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Algebra? seriously, a drop out highschool kid knows more about Algebra than those books. The drop out kid would also know calculus, that those books don't know.
Architecture books? is there any?
Medical books? seriously again? people were dying of a catching a simple cold and those books could not even cure them.
History of law? aka history of chopping hands and stoning? thanks, I don't need them.

and there goes, factual observation <_<........

Well then congratulation, the conservative goverment doesnt care for suffering Turkmen but treat ypg members in Turkish hospitals while you are condemning "white Turks" for not being nationalistic enough, the world isnt black and white nor are the Turks.

Heterogenous society is not an ideal society.

Do you think that Azerbaijan built the national identity? Whole Azerbaijani national identity is based on hatred against Armenians. It is same for Armenians as well.
No, obviously it's not just about Armenians.
We have unique music, unique cuisine, unique religion(we were the ones spread shiism), hundreds of years of history(Safavids, Afshars, Qajars, ...) tons of scientific achievement(one physics nobel prize, one fields medal of math, the inventor of fuzzy logic, He-Ne laser, ...), unique language, ...
Our identity is built on a very long list of different stuff, unlike most nations of ME, and Caucasus.

No, obviously it's not just about Armenians.
We have unique music, unique cuisine, unique religion(we were the ones spread shiism), hundreds of years of history(Safavids, Afshars, Qajars, ...) tons of scientific achievement(one physics nobel prize, one fields medal of math, the inventor of fuzzy logic, He-Ne laser, ...), unique language, ...
Our identity is built on a very long list of different stuff, unlike most nations of ME, and Caucasus.

So you read Safavids, Afsharids, Qajars.

Have you read Iskender Munshi? Or Oruj Beg Bayati (Don Juan)? Or Hasan Rumlu?

So you read Safavids, Afsharids, Qajars.

Have you read Iskender Munshi? Or Oruj Beg Bayati (Don Juan)? Or Hasan Rumlu?

I don't get your point. national identity is not just about the script of bunch of old books. Azerbaijan, for example, means much more than just bunch of books for us. it's like a paradigm that has created these books as well, as a by-product. They are not the identity, itself, not even a big part of it.

I don't get your point. national identity is not just about the script of bunch of old books. Azerbaijan, for example, means much more than just bunch of books for us. it's like a paradigm that has created these books as well, as a by-product. They are not the identity, itself, not even a big part of it.

Instead you have read Harry Potter, right?

You guy forget Dede Korkut?
And the arabic script is not functional with the Turkish language and shouldnt be used for it.

Did you read PDF format of original book? Dresden manuscript?

I did, with little help of course from modern transcription.

You guy forget Dede Korkut?
And the arabic script is not functional with the Turkish language and shouldnt be used for it.

Yes and that is why all of the turks were using till ww1, because after that russians did a great job forcing Cyrillic, from Azerbajcan till Kirgizstan. and the Turkish republic latin in Turkey.

And the reason it isin't functional is, Because the Western scolars keep telling that us and they know what best for us. right

Yes and that is why all of the turks were using till ww1, because after that russians did a great job forcing Cyrillic, from Azerbajcan till Kirgizstan. and the Turkish republic latin in Turkey.

And the reason it isin't functional is, Because the Western scolars keep telling that us and they know what best for us. right

Is Latin script good for Turkish, because they it don't work well with any Indian language.

Such a polarizing headline, beyaz Türkler siyah Türkler diye ayrim yapanin pkkdan ne farki var?

I bet it is En Son Haber - Son Dakika Haberler they do it all the time.....

During Kobani Protest, one of their headline for the protests were;

"Elektriği kaçak kullanırlar, hepsinin yeşil kartı vardır ama okulları hastaneleri yakarlar." ...... that was very racist.... but nobody deals with them as they are pro-government.

When I was young, I was more nationalist. Turkic Union, Turan etc... I was cheering for it, fighting for it... Etc... Then with years passed, I saw these secular nationalists' darker side. They were just image, in soul they were assimilated by western culture and dropped what little Turkic values they had.

You mean this I guess

But, just learning a script, does not help much. Just look at Iran, which uses Arabic script and is the most western wannabe country, without knowing what are the basis of a secular civilization.
If we are so concerned about that, we can hire a few person to translate those books.

Turkey should, you never know what might be lost to history if things are not translated to the more widely used languages of today. Modern Turkish or English it doesn't matter but it should be done.

Imagine if the Arabs had not translated Greek, Indian, and Persian books into Arabic which was then later translated to western languages. It would have stunted progress by a couple hundred of years maybe.

Oh yeah and those works are Turkey's literature legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom