What's new

The Uyghur issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uighurs should get more autonomy. The overt Chinese ethnic persecution is crossing limits.

If you know Chinese history with non-Han people, then believe it there is nothing like that going to happen.

i don't think setting Turkey up as a country with a secular policy was a bad thing. But some of the initial westernization, such as banning scarves and fez, part was kinda excessive and not really needed imo. Nonetheless I am glad where we stand now. I just hope our people can stay away from westernizing, i am deeply worried about what has become of certain western societies, or whatever, for that matter i despise things like bellydancing too, and just focus more on the Turkic world. For the record, i am not hating the west, but i just think that Turkey shouldnt strive to be modern by copying the west but instead find a path to modernize while retaining our values. look at Japan.

When I was young, I was more nationalist. Turkic Union, Turan etc... I was cheering for it, fighting for it... Etc... Then with years passed, I saw these secular nationalists' darker side. They were just image, in soul they were assimilated by western culture and dropped what little Turkic values they had.
is it not unfair if you generalize all nationalists (or pan-Turkics) like that? I am sure there are plenty religious and non-religious, westernized and traditionalist Turks who want to see more Pan-Turkic co-operation. I dont think supporting such things is like supporting your favorite soccer club, just keep both of them in your heart.

I can read Asikpasazade's Tevarih-i Al-i Osman, or Kemalpasazade's Tevarih-i Al-i Osman. Or Tatar chroniks etc... But seculars, or fake Islamists cannot read those. Our 1000 years history has been abandoned in the shelves of old libraries.

I did. I stand for learning it. Youngsters cannot even read the scripts on the chesmes. You know Cesme? The structure from which water flows.

Do you know how many books, ruznamas, salnamas, chroniks, poems were written in Arabic script? We need to learn those, not Dostoyevskiy's Crime and Punishment.

You know Karinca ile cirlayik story. Children learn this story from La Fontaine. But we had this story in our Ottoman books since 15th century.
Well, to be honest, there are not much useful books from those times. Maybe, just a handful of interested people are enough to translate those books back to the current turkish language. IMO, even if you teach Arabic script to people, they still would not be able to properly read those books since you definitely need to know some arabic language as well to read them.

is it not unfair if you generalize all nationalists (or pan-Turkics) like that? I am sure there are plenty religious and non-religious, westernized and traditionalist Turks who want to see more Pan-Turkic co-operation. I dont think supporting such things is like supporting your favorite soccer club, just keep both of them in your heart.

iPhone line in Turkey
bagdat_caddesinde_geceyarisi_iphone_5_kuyrugu_h18909.jpg

Well, to be honest, there are not much useful books from those times. Maybe, just a handful of interested people are enough to translate those books back to the current turkish language. IMO, even if you teach Arabic script to people, they still would not be able to properly read those books since you definitely need to know some arabic language as well to read them.

Ottoman archives are strong.

iPhone line in Turkey
bagdat_caddesinde_geceyarisi_iphone_5_kuyrugu_h18909.jpg

Ottoman archives are strong.
well, I mean what's the advantage of reading those books now? There isn't any, and that's why common people won't try to learn the script and arabic to read them.
Just a handful of people, who are interested in history, and literature would read them and I think that's enough.
There are no Quantum Mechanics, or Genetics in those books ;)

Have you ever wrote arabic script? if not, do not make such conclusions. I have written arabic scripts for more than a decade, and I know that it's not even useful for all arabic dialects, let alone foreign languages. it has many letters that we don't use, and does not have a capable system for showing vowels. IMHO, using Neanderthal script, if exists any, would be more easy.

Learning Arabic since recently, and compared it to latin writing. which I do alot on paper, Arabic is easier since you you draw words in one go and dont have as many curves like latin

Such a polarizing headline, beyaz Türkler siyah Türkler diye ayrim yapanin pkkdan ne farki var?

Differences exist. Important question: What good did or will do these "white" Turks do for suffering Uyghurs?

I am more whiter than these "white" Turks, yet I prefer being black. :)

well, I mean what's the advantage of reading those books now? There isn't any, and that's why common people won't try to learn the script and arabic to read them.
Just a handful of people, who are interested in history, and literature would read them and I think that's enough.

History Builds the national identity within the member of the community. Those who grow without knowing the rich history that our ancestors left, will be assimilated by others who spread their ideology. Point.

Algebra, Architecture, Medical book, History of Law. I bet there is more of those

Differences exist. Important question: What good did or will do these "white" Turks do for suffering Uyghurs?

I am more whiter than these "white" Turks, yet I prefer being black. :)
What did you do?

History Builds the national identity within the member of the community. Those who grow without knowing the rich history that our ancestors left, will be assimilated by others who spread their ideology. Point.

But, just learning a script, does not help much. Just look at Iran, which uses Arabic script and is the most western wannabe country, without knowing what are the basis of a secular civilization.
If we are so concerned about that, we can hire a few person to translate those books.

But, just learning a script, does not help much. Just look at Iran, which uses Arabic script and is the most western wannabe country, without knowing what are the basis of a secular civilization is.
If we are so concerned about that, we can hire a few person to translate those books.

Do you think that Azerbaijan built the national identity? Whole Azerbaijani national identity is based on hatred against Armenians. It is same for Armenians as well.

Algebra, Architecture, Medical book, History of Law. I bet there is more of those

Algebra? seriously, a drop out highschool kid knows more about Algebra than those books. The drop out kid would also know calculus, that those books don't know.
Architecture books? is there any?
Medical books? seriously again? people were dying of a catching a simple cold and those books could not even cure them.
History of law? aka history of chopping hands and stoning? thanks, I don't need them.

Donation.
Well then congratulation, the conservative goverment doesnt care for suffering Turkmen but treat ypg members in Turkish hospitals while you are condemning "white Turks" for not being nationalistic enough, the world isnt black and white nor are the Turks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom