What's new

The US dollar will be easy to collapse

A perfectly astute explanation for some of the outlandish position being propagated here are likely to be shills who have shorted positions on the dollar and thus are trying every which way to generate as much hysteria to generate profit from it.

Yes, that is a perfectly astute explanation.

have done but you have chosen to ignore them lol maybe they are above your paygrade now that you opened that door
The UN calling for a global currency? Esperanto was called to be the global language and it got no further than being a curio item on the display shelf. So for all the talk about you being in finance, you have been 'fisked'.

The UN calling for a global currency? Esperanto was called to be the global language and it got no further than being a curio item on the display shelf. So for all the talk about you being in finance, you have been 'fisked'.

I think we are all using Esperanto already, are we not? :lol:

I am sure the EspesoYuan is just around the corner too! :rofl:

=================

Hey if I short the dollar, and quote a website with 14 visitors per day, will that make me money?

for your information there are much easier ways to make money than taking a short position in the dollar over 10 years. in any event the cost of a such a position would bee very expensive. But then you wouldnt know. I had mentioned in earlier post that in the very short term because of the euros position the dollar may trade stronger.

In fact for you to think this shows your lack of knowledge and understanding in these matters.

I would never divulge a short and or long position to someone like you

for your information there are much easier ways to make money than taking a short position in the dollar over 10 years. in any event the cost of a such a position would bee very expensive. But then you wouldnt know. I had mentioned in earlier post that in the very short term because of the euros position the dollar may trade stronger.

In fact for you to think this shows your lack of knowledge and understanding in these matters.

I would never divulge a short and or long position to someone like you

Oh yes, you have already made a killing in the market, as you told me.

I have to work hard for a living actually, so my stake in the financial stability of the markets is much greater than yours, I admit.

But I do know and understand much more that you realize or able to give me credit for. Your biases have a reason I am sure, and likely related to your positions in the market.

Do you have any links with more than 14 visitors per day? (just kidding, please don't be offended.)

I think the recent flurry of activity by china in swapping its currency with japan etc is a move away from the dollar. a gradual move has already started.

China, Japan Agree to Reduce Reliance on U.S. Dollar
Written by Alex Newman
Thursday, 29 December 2011 09:10

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-...e-on-us-dollar

The government of Japan and the communist dictatorship ruling mainland China announced a landmark agreement this week to facilitate trade between the two powers without using the U.S. dollar, relying instead on the Japanese yen and the Chinese yuan.

According to the terms of the deal, the two governments agreed to encourage trade directly in yen and yuan without having to use American dollars as an intermediary — the current practice. Companies in Japan and China will soon be able to convert the currencies directly. And the Japanese government also agreed to hold Chinese yuan in its foreign-reserves portfolio.

It remains unclear exactly how and when the agreement will be implemented. But according to news reports, both governments have already set up a working group to iron out the details. Officials said the move was aimed at reducing risk and transaction costs.

The new currency deal comes as the communist Chinese dictatorship has been taking increasingly bold steps to expand the international role of the yuan. The regime’s officials have also become ever-more vocal in attacking the dollar’s global reserve status, calling instead for a more international system managed by a world entity such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Of course, China and Japan are the second and third largest economies on Earth. And their governments are the two largest foreign holders of U.S. government debt. So the deal has huge implications — at least in the long term.

“The run on the dollar that could sink its value and bring surprise hyperinflation to the U.S. has just become a lot more likely,” observed Alfidi Capital CEO Anthony Alfidi, who said the bilateral move would eventually mean higher U.S. interest rates.

“The change does signal to other nations that America’s main trading partners will favor the illiquidity risk of less-traded currencies over the valuation risk of holding dollars tied to unsustainable spending,” Alfidi added, pointing out that demand for dollars would take a hit. “The U.S. financial elite should take a breather from its construction of swap lines for the eurozone to pay attention to this news.”

Other commentators implied that the deal should be seen as a signal aimed at American authorities. “The larger message this pact sends is economic and it is directed at America: ‘We have no faith in your leadership,’” wrote Michael Moran in Slate, saying the two Asian giants had taken another “baby step” toward dethroning the U.S. dollar. He also suggested that, despite official denials, Japan was starting to increase its diversification out of American assets and currency.

Still, many analysts downplayed the significance of the deal, claiming it was just one tiny step on what will be a long road to ending the dominance of the U.S. dollar. As the reigning world reserve currency for decades, they say, it will take many years for the dollar to finally lose its valuable status.

“While there’s a wider story there of whether it changes the role of the dollar as a reserve currency, that’s much more questionable,” Deutsche Bank currency strategist Alan Ruskin was quoted as saying by CNBC. “It would be a very, very small step in that direction.”

But examined together with other recent announcements and current trends, the process is likely well underway, say experts. And with countless prominent world leaders and global institutions calling for an end to the dollar’s privileged position, the end might come sooner than most mainstream analysts expect.

In August, the communist Chinese dictatorship blasted U.S. policymakers. The regime called for global supervision of the dollar and eventually the creation of a global currency. In April, leaders of the so-called “BRICS” — Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa — also demanded a new international monetary system.

Meanwhile, European Union officials took the opportunity offered by this week’s Japan-China currency deal to tout the imploding euro. "These are developments that show it's good that we have a unified Europe. United, Europe is the strongest economic area in the world,” claimed German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble after the announcement. “We have good chances to pursue our interests and then the opportunity to implement them in the world."

The value of the Chinese yuan is still highly controlled by authorities. Among other problems, it is not readily convertible, diminishing any potential role it may be able to assume in the global economy — at least for now. However, if the regime in Beijing were to loosen its grip over foreign exchanges, that could change quickly.

The effect of such a move would immediately reverberate across Asian markets and the world. And the U.S. dollar, along with the entire American economy, would almost certainly be the primary victims.

Oh dear me what a shame for Americans

The Euro: That Procrustean Bed...

Edited: 11 December, 2011, 21:28

Efforts by European leaders to shoe-horn a range of diverse countries into a rigid financial cage are doomed to fail. But that’s all part of a long-term plan for a global super-currency which can only bring more hardship to ordinary working people.
A question that more and more people are asking nowadays is, “What on Earth were the Europeans thinking when they agreed to have just one currency for all of Europe?”

In Greek mythology, Procrustes was the son of Poseidon, God of the deep blue seas. He built an iron bed of a size that suited him, and then forced everybody who passed by his abode to lie on it. If the passerby was shorter than his bed, then Procrustes would stretch him, breaking bones, tendons and sinews until the victim fitted; if he was taller, then Procrustes would chop off feet and limbs until the victim was the “right” size…

This ancient story of “one size fits all” seems to have made its 21st Century comeback when Europeans were coaxed into imposing upon themselves an oxymoron; a blatant and conceptual contradiction they call “the euro”.

This common supranational currency invented by the French and Germans, boycotted by the UK, ignored by the Swiss, managed by the Germans and accepted by the rest of Europe in blissful ignorance, has finally dropped its mask to reveal its ugly face: an impossible mechanism that only serves the elite bankers but not the working people.

It masked gross contradictions as large, far-reaching and varied as the relative sizes, strengths, profiles, styles, histories, econometrics, labor policies, pension plans, industries, and human and natural resources of the 17 eurozone nations, ranging from Germany and France at one end of the scale, to Greece, Portugal and Ireland at the other.

As we said in a recent article, the euro carries an expiry date; perhaps the eurocrats who were its midwives a decade ago expected that it would live a little longer, maybe even come of age… But they certainly knew that, sooner or later, the euro would die; that it was meant to die.

Because the euro is not an end in itself, but rather a transition, a bridge, an experiment in supranational currency earmarked for replacement by a far more ambitious and powerful global currency issued by a global central bank, controlled by a cabal of global private bankers, obeying a New World Order blueprint emanating from a private Global Power Elite.
The problem today is that what impacted Europe as a financial ripple effect in 2008 has now grown into a veritable financial tsunami threatening to swamp the whole euro system… And more big trouble lies ahead!

In fact, today’s euro-troubles are nothing more than one of many variations of sovereignty-troubles. Because when a country’s leaders irresponsibly cede a part or all of its sovereignty – whether monetary, political, financial, economic, judicial or military – it had better take a really good look at what it is doing and what the implications are for the medium and long term.

Ceding national sovereignty means that somebody else, somewhere else, will be taking decisions based on other people’s interests. Now, as long as everyone’s interests coincide, then we are OK. But as soon as the different parties’ interests diverge, then you are confronted with a power struggle. And power struggles have one simple thing in common: the more powerful win; the weaker lose.

Now, we have a huge power struggle inside the eurozone. Who do you think will win? Who will impose new policies – Germany or Greece? France or Portugal? Britain or Spain? Germany or Italy?

And that is just on the public scene. You also need to look at the more subtle, less media-highlighted private scene, which is where the real global power decisions are made.

Will the new Italian PM, Mario Monti, cater for the needs of the Italian people or for the mega-bankers’ lodge sitting on the powerful Trilateral Commission of which he himself is European chairman? The same question goes for Greek president Lucas Papademos, also a Trilateral member. The same question goes for all the governments of the EU member states where the real power brokers are the major bankers, industrialists and media moguls sitting on the Trilateral, Bilderberg, World Economic Forum and Chatham House think-tanks and private lobbies.

Global elites will do everything to keep the euro on its transitional path towards a global currency that will eventually replace both the euro and the US dollar. This entails engineering the controlled collapse of both currencies, whilst preparing the yellow brick road for a “Global Dollar” or some such new oxymoron.

The US dollar will be easy to collapse: all that is needed is for the mainstream media to yell, “The dollar is hyper-inflated!!” and the Naked Emperor Dollar will fall swiftly. The euro, in turn, will simply break up as its member nations revert to the old days of pesetas, lire, francs, escudos and drachmas…

Is the time ripe for that? Maybe not… yet. So, no doubt we will still see more “emergency treatment,” more “financial chemotherapy” to “bail out the euro” just as we’ve seen them “bail out the banks,” even though most banks and the Oxymoron Euro cannot be salvaged but just kept artificially alive, like the “Living Dead…”

So, here’s a question for Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese, Irish, even the French and Germans: will you accept the invitation by your Procrustean Leaders in Brussels to lie down on their bed?

Adrian Salbuchi for RT

during last around 2 years, it is estimated that number of Indian professionals going to US is less than that of coming to India. Average salary of a professional in US is around $100,000 per year, around 50 lacs per year, but if a professional can manage to get even around 20lacs per year in India within the industry he was working in US, he/ she prefers to come to India. Here the reason given is, even if an Indian professional gets little less while working with an Indian company, he/ she will have a hope that this company will grow in future but even if a professional gets around $100,000 (50 lacs) in US, we believe that certain US’s company won’t grow in future. Just around 10 years before, we used to dream to work for American companies but now we all know that Indian company like Tata motors would make even a better and cost effective cars than that of Western companies after just 4-5 years from now, and they are already beating western companies.

We have been working on different engineering projects and we were advised to quote with two prices, one for the products being made in US/ EU/ Australia and one quote for the products being made in China. we used to use mark up of just 10% on the products made in West but still an average size project used to reach a level of $10mil but even if we charged over 35% margin for the made in China products for a similar project, it hardly reach $3mil to $3.5mil. and no matter how much you convince the client that made in West products are more efficient/ require less maintenance cost etc, clients prefer made in China products only. And now days western companies just try to improve production lines of the factories based in China/ India only, not to those who are based in US. Even in Australia, good Made in Japan TV cost around $1000 while a similar type of Made in China TV cost hardly around $300.

All those Indian professionals who are coming back to India were either working on management or on engineering positions in US/ West and coming back to India for better future prospects in India than in US, even if they would get lesser salaries in India. with their experience, they all live with a threat that a day is not far away when US$ may face a sudden collapse. There is just nothing in US which you can’t get in India now days but you know that Indian or Chinese economy can’t go down but US/ EU economies can’t continue as it is if they don’t borrow more to pay for their expanses, while they have already crossed limit of over 100% debt to that of their GDP. US/ EU are not borrowing debt but a Time, the ‘Time’ they are set to face but they are delaying that worse for few more years by borrowing more...:coffee:

US/ EU are not borrowing debt but a Time, the ‘Time’ they are set to face but they are delaying that worse for few more years by borrowing more...:coffee:

I agree with what you are saying its only a matter of time. No one can borrow forever

Hilarious Dollar would be easy to collapse.

Nouriel Roubini: The Renminbi Could Be the Global Reserve Currency

Big Think Editors on December 14, 2010, 12:00 AM

Chinese-renminbi-yuan-versus-american-dollar2

"The downfall of the dollar may be only a matter of time," wrote NYU economist Nouriel Roubini in a 2009 New York Times Op-Ed article. Though it won't happen over night, he explained, "the Almighty Remnimbi" may soon replace the dollar as the next global reserve currency.

And in his Big Think interview, Roubini lays out the four things that will need to happen for the Renminbi to supplant the dollar:

Roubini, who famously forecast the Great Recession, believes this is not a matter of if but when. "Traditionally, empires that hold the global reserve currency are also net foreign creditors and net lenders," he wrote in The Times. "The British Empire declined—and the pound lost its status as the main global reserve currency—when Britain became a net debtor and a net borrower in World War II. Today, the United States is in a similar position. It is running huge budget and trade deficits, and is relying on the kindness of restless foreign creditors who are starting to feel uneasy about accumulating even more dollar assets."

And what will this mean for the United States? If countries around the world were to diversify their reserve holdings to include more yuan (the individual unit of the currency Renminbi) and fewer dollars, America would no longer enjoy the rates at which it borrows from other countries, and which have allowed the U.S. to finance massive deficits for lengthy periods of time at low interest rates. If China borrowed and lent internationally in Renminbi, rather than in dollars, the Renminbi could eventually become a means of payment in trade and a unit of account in pricing imports and exports, as well as a store of value for wealth by international investors. America, in turn, would be stuck paying more for imports and the price of both our public and private debt would rise. On the plus side, this might be the only thing that disabuses America of its spendthrift ways.

http://bigthink.com/ideas/25512

Hilarious Dollar would be easy to collapse.

You are from US so I would like share my one experience. I was working for a medium size company in Perth, BPE, blakers pumps engineer, for just around 6 months time then I moved to a American company and there we used to mainly offer US made Goulds industrial pumps to big customers like BHP, Rio Tinto etc. but when we had to quote for small water companies, we used to offer Chinese pumps. I remember, I was advised to straight put around $8,000 for every chinese pump excluding motors and other parts, regardless size of the pump. After 2 weeks of joining in BPE, I was taken to the workshop and my boss showed me different sizes of the pumps and I was surprised that sizes of chinese pumps were really varying much and when I asked my boss why, he replied, we pay from $300 to a maximum of $800 only for chinese pumps so we straight quote $8,000 for each regardless its size, plus 50% extra margin also. But as Goulds are made in US and are very expansive, so every pump has different prices with less margin :lol: we all knew that we make profit out of Chinese products/ parts only :agree:

We get the cheapest food in Sydney in McDonalds but it still cost at least $8 to $10 as food is made in Australia but you may buy even a made in China shirt for $10 and a Made in China jeans for just around $30, and not bad in quality also if you just want to wear for few days and throw it. like how we just buy TV/ fridge and just throw when there is any problem in them, its because all these manufactured products are coming from China and $ is very strong as compare to Yuan. But this luxury is not going to continue for longer ……………

$ is very strong as compare to Yuan. But this luxury is not going to continue for longer ……………

I love your post they come with a sting in the tail, this is what is going to happen with US dollar

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom