What's new

The US cannot afford an open conflict with Pakistan

As long as the dollar remains the international currency for trade and exchange, the US will have the funds for any war. The dollar was the only difference between the USSR and the USA.
Both had the technology but only one had the money.

Still, the Balochistan insurgency definitely has foreign involvement. There was a report on DAWN where one of the leaders admitted that the 'Great Game' was alsmost complete. He lives in the AE btw.

Invasion of Pakistan would be like Vietnam + North Korea repeat for USA. With added tarka of soviet-afghan memories. We dont have enough land for such a big graveyard.

Taliban still controls large swathes of Afghanistan. The events that I mentioned happening in Afghanistan over the last 6 days are more than an indication of that. The Taliban has become stronger & stronger inside Afghanistan. Here is another piece of information:

BBC News - Taliban seize district in eastern Afghan province

As I have already mentioned, the US is not only fighting the Afghan Taliban, but it is also fighting Al-Qaeda & its affiliate groups (IMU) coming from North Afghanistan, as well as groups from other former Soviet Union territories.

The terrorist groups that are attacking the Afghan provinces of Herat, Nimroz, Badhgis, Balkh, Kunduz, Takhar have nothing to do with Pakistan.
And I suppose that Taliban will overrun Bagram and Kabul within next few weeks. Seriously, these sensationalist reports do not impress me.

Invasion of Pakistan would be like Vietnam + North Korea repeat for USA. With added tarka of soviet-afghan memories. We dont have enough land for such a big graveyard.
Here comes another one.

Reality check: US has far greater WAR EXPERIENCE in comparison to us.

TTP to kaboo nahin aa raha - amreeka ku kaboo karein gein. :rolleyes:

we are at war... and everyday there will be lots of blood shed...

I can tell you tho that we are making way more progress then what the terrorist have done...

I like to hear that people are being fooled for us not able to afford a war... perfect postion for us for our enemies to think that.

The US has a "love/hate" relationship with Pakistan and has been engaged with the state ever since its conception. Pakistan has been a key ally all through the cold war years till today. The US has never stated or even desires war with Pakistan. In actual fact, even after the Afghan war ends they will want warm ties as they view Iran as a threat and are always keen to keep cordial ties with the Chinese.

Pakistan also has 620,000 active troops, 1000,000 reserve troops, 100,000 paramilitary, Militia (combined lashkars/volunteers expected to fight alongside Pakistan Army) over 2 million, over 18 million privately owned arms; among many other things

I agree, US is now weak economy. Do you see NATO (via helicopters) killed many Pakistan soldiers easily in Afghan/Pakistan border? US has advanced technology to destroy Pakistan troops, Pakistan troop doesn't have gut to confront it. This number doesn't mean anything, it is all depending on technology, inventories, radars, trainings, air power, satellites, vice versa. Similar to Iraqis troops if Pakistan doesn't have nukes.

1.The Americans are reluctant to get involved in the actual fighting themselves. They have no gall to take casualty. They make others fight for them. Or better still, they make people fight each other internally.

2. But always the Americans lead from the back. And once the destruction has been caused, and plenty of US expensive ordnance used, the New Cons/Money Barons come forward with their bag full of money. They shove it down your throat, and in due course, strangle you by the neck for return with interest.

1.The Americans are reluctant to get involved in the actual fighting themselves. They have no gall to take casualty. They make others fight for them. Or better still, they make people fight each other internally.

They don't have gall? Where have you been the past decade? Or even the past 200 years? Did you come out of a swamp or something? And what has Bangladesh done to show it's gall factor in the last 30 years?
2. But always the Americans lead from the back. And once the destruction has been caused, and plenty of US expensive ordnance used, the New Cons/Money Barons come forward with their bag full of money. They shove it down your throat, and in due course, strangle you by the neck for return with interest.

There are no "neo-cons" in power, please get this through to your thick skull. :tup:

look at Vietnam and Korea dear they lose 100000000000000000000 times more the USA . WE DONT WANT TO BE A EXAMPLE LIKE VIETNAM KOREA .Pakistan is 10000000000000 times better then both today.

look at Vietnam and Korea dear they lose 100000000000000000000 times more the USA . WE DONT WANT TO BE A EXAMPLE LIKE VIETNAM KOREA .Pakistan is 10000000000000 times better then both today.
I was talking in millitary context..Vietnam today is fast developing and North Korea developed far ahead and faster than south. At one time it was the model of development in Korean peninsula while the "democratic" south korea lagged behind however the demise of north korea has more to do with its stupid and self centered leader and his foolish policies.

I understand these affairs better than many common citizens of Pakistan. Afghanistan cannot be used as an example to predict war based outcomes in any other theatre in the world.

Thanks God, at least you accepted this..

Regarding economy; US industrial base is phenomenal in size and is doing fine.

Here is something for you..

The US is Running Out of Ammunition for the Coming Economic Crisis

“The United States may well be faced with a recessionary trend coupled with a potential financial crisis with no remedy at hand because of its policies over the past two and a half years. As for the American people, who instinctively know all is not well, they must continue to reduce their personal debt burden, not assume new debt, and be prepared to ride out the storm if and when it breaks. The Republicans in Congress must ignore the hysteria and doom and gloom scenarios proffered by the media and the Democrats and dramatically reduce spending permanently before any increase in the debt ceiling.
The financial world will not collapse if the US does not raise its debt ceiling based on an artificial timetable; but there will be a major crisis of disastrous proportions down the road if spending, debt, and runaway government are not brought under control and the country cannot reimburse its bond holders with or without paying a usurious interest rate.”

US is also supporting it’s WOT through alternative means. As an example: its presence in Iraq ensures free flow of OIL to sustain fuel related needs of its war-machine where ever needed.

Exactly my point, It was what they “thought” but the global outcry ensured that they had to leave the control..

U.S. Companies Shut Out as Iraq Auctions Its Oil Fields

“Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades. Two of the most lucrative of the multi-billion-dollar oil contracts went to two countries which bitterly opposed the U.S. invasion — Russia and China — while even Total Oil of France, which led the charge to deny international approval for the war at the U.N.”

It proves nothing. Unlike Pakistan, US have independent means to sustain itself through hard times.
As per our predictions/wishes, US should have been destroyed by now. Therefore, do not presume too much.

No sane analyst ever predicted US to destabilize in Iraq or Afghan war.. so your point is?

Focus on our economic means in case of hostilities with US. Aid would be completely blocked. Heavy sanctions would be enforced on us to ensure our ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. ISAF in Afghanistan will be prepared to defend itself through advanced weapons systems. Military operations against us will commence afterwards. This is how US fights.

Your illogical flight is too farfetched for me to respond, too many parameters; in short, Pakistan’s economic collapse will not be a problem either way. A full frontal war is going to bring it anyways, which we can survive, though it would take us a decade behind, question is about US.. So please stick to it..

As far as the AWS is concerned, it wouldn’t be possible for US to save those bases for long from consecutive aerial and land based attacks, as I said before, Iraq and Afghanistan were a different ball games, Pakistan is a whole new territory, why do you think the US think tank is still “thinking”? when they have gone to war on lot lesser issues.. (WMDs hoax?)

Yes, And US also stole a lot from Iraq. This is one of the examples of ALTERNATIVE MEASURES being employed by US to sustain it’s WOT based efforts. Iraq is still effectively under US control. Iranian backed resistance efforts to defeat US in Iraq did not work.

First portion responded above.. As far as Iran is concerned, as soon as the war with Pakistan breaks out, Iran would raise the ante in Iraq..

And do not forget that those arabs harbor strong anti-iranian feelings as well.

And this is happening too: WikiLeaks cables portray Saudi Arabia as a cash machine for terrorists

Relevance to the topic?

Even if we take it on the face value, the “terrorists” are anti-American and they would love to have a “Supporting and fighting force” behind them.. More devastation for US IMO..

And you have figured it out all already? Do you think that US will come in to Pakistan without doing any home work? US already knows what we are capable of and what it will do in case of hostilities (God forbid)

And that’s the reason for concerns for them, otherwise they would had been in Pakistan a couple of years ago, and you might have been licking or getting kicked by some US and UK boots..

So what do you expect them to say? It’s called bluffing, the worth of the bluff is known when one calls it..

They did not bluff Iraq or Afghanistan or Libya or Syria now did they? If you remember, they did not went in Iraq until few “investigations” were done "thoroughly" before hand by "UN inspectors"..

Eventually, we will be DOOMED in this hypothetical conflict. No victory to boast about.

Neither would they.. That’s the whole point of my discussion. I never claimed that we would have a flagged victory, now did i?

And what about stupidity and strategic short-sightedness? The two very factors due to which Pakistan currently finds itself in such a mess…

I agree to this whole heartedly, firstly, we shouldn’t have joined Soviet-Afghan war, secondly, we should have kept Afghans in a barb-wired area and should have sent them back as soon as US withdrew its support and troops.

Should I make a list of similar events in Pakistan? Whom are you fooling here?

And when have I claimed that we are not in war? We are in war right now my friend, not a full-frontal though, and we should avoid it as much as possible.

Regarding war in Iraq:

Iraq withdrawal: a timeline - Telegraph

Withdrawal phase clearly in progress.

Reason I have mentioned already, there is nothing US can get out of there anymore, so its time for them to leave the mess they created.. As Usual..

The endgame of Afghanistan is also being planned, which I hope happens soon.

Again, leaving the mess for us Pakistanis to clean..

Hope they get out and leave us alone, any further infiltration in Pakistan’s affairs would inflame the public more and then we might see people taking matters into their own hands.. which won't be good IMHO..

And from where he is getting those BALLS from? You think that you understand the strategic situation of Pakistan better than our TOP BRASS?

They understand it better then me, difference is, I am not under direct command of CIC and neither am i CIC who is always “for sale”..

Another evidence of prematurish mindset of yours. Expected though.

Are you qualified or hold an authority to judge prematurish mindset? Or are you just acting like one..

These nations did nothing when Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, and Libya were invaded. They will do nothing in case of Pakistan and Iran either. They are just playing PRESSURE POLICTICS and nothing else.

For a zillionth time, Pakistan is in a different league, or shall I “ S P E L L “ it for you?

Pakistan is a nuclear state, if in the extreme conditions, or through “stupidity” of someone, Pakistan was to use even couple of them, that would be a disaster for the whole region, including India, China, Russia, Iran, Afghanistan and few other countries for next few decades, hence, the involvement certainty..

Hope now you understand..

Aside Pakistan troops, someone say we have 180+million populations to defend Pakistan, LOL. What are the capability of 180 million innocent citizens including women, chidlren, grandpa, grandma?

What kind of training we learn in school? For the sake of stop DRONES in very basic open conflict (grade 1), can we?

:angel:

Aside Pakistan troops, someone say we have 180+million populations to defend Pakistan, LOL. What are the capability of 180 million innocent citizens including women, chidlren, grandpa, grandma?

What kind of training we learn in school? For the sake of stop DRONES in very basic open conflict (grade 1), can we?

:angel:

The population of Pakistan below 30 years is 104 million.. take 50% out of them who will fight.. 52 million.. isn't it?

The population of Pakistan below 30 years is 104 million.. take 50% out of them who will fight.. 52 million.. isn't it?

Now subtract the number of people who will not be well versed in the art of warfare : tactics, logistics, reconnaissance, medical, anti-armour etc. and you will get about ?

Back
Top Bottom