What's new

The US cannot afford an open conflict with Pakistan

Change the thinking and see how can Pakistan be useful to the world so that it can make genuine friends and not those with the idea of "enemy of my enemy is my friend". When that happens, forget US but infact no country will be able to afford to wage a war on you.

I agree with you that a detente with India will greatly reduce the American influence in and around Pakistan. You know, a couple of years ago, Indians extended some assurance to Pakistan (on American insistence) and that enabled Pakistan to devote more resources from the Pakistani eastern border to clamp down on the terrorists on Pakistan's northwest regions. Imagine a state of permanent mutual peaceful co-existence: Pakistani resources free to dismantle the terrorists inside Pakistan instead of focused on India in a deadly-stare. No need for proxy wars. No need to keep the Haqqanis in place...

It is about time Pakistanis need to realize that American forces around Pakistan are a far greater danger to Pakistan than the Indians. Indians have a stake in the regional stability. Americans may or may not have that. They can always pack up and leave after saying: 'Mission Accomplished', even if the end result is great death and destruction. After all, OBL is dead, right? The rest of the WOT is basically a police operation. Intelligence driven. Surgical strikes. Immigration checks. All needed. We need to really look hard at both America and India and truly think out of the box. We need to loosen Pakistan from America and loosen America from India by making a detente with India on urgent basis. Is anyone listening in our countries' establishments?

There is no chance of a Pakistan US war, it would be ruinous for both and the entire region.

You think the US will let any of Pakistan's nukes fly ? Dude your talking about the United States, they have already shown how much they care and what they can do. Their military budget is 10 times the size of the whole Pakistani economy, you really think they will think twice about Pakistani nukes if they really want a war.

The point is, if the US & NATO forces are being attacked in 18 Afghan provinces in 6 days (& these are just the ones I found reported, there are many other unreported ones), I think an open war with Pakistan will bring nothing but failure. The US spends $2 billion per week in Afghanistan as it is. What will it do with the expensive, time consuming & unsafe routes through Central Asia; & that too against a population 5 times that of Afghanistan, & that too against a well equipped & highly trained army? The WOT is getting expensive as it is, & the US economy is not being able to sustain it as of now.

Iran, China, fanatics and Russia want this war. You Pakistanis must avoid it at all costs.

A mute discussion there is no chance of this war occurring would need mad men on all sides for this to occur.

A mute discussion there is no chance of this war occurring would need mad men on all sides for this to occur.

I never said or implied that I wanted that to happen, of course I didn't. I just posted a hypothetical situation here. Pakistan will be avoiding this war because it doesn't need to fight it. Pakistan is looking for other alliances in the region now, which includes Russia as well. It has strengthened its ties with China & Sri Lanka. Even Iran has warned the US not to attack Pakistan. The US desperately needs something to change in Afghanistan, the way things are going in that country. An open confrontation/full scale war with Pakistan would not be an advisable solution. It is also losing its alliances in the Middle East.

I never said or implied that I wanted that to happen, of course I didn't. I just posted a hypothetical situation here. Pakistan will be avoiding this war because it doesn't need to fight it. Pakistan is looking for other alliances in the region now, which includes Russia as well. It has strengthened its ties with China & Sri Lanka. Even Iran has warned the US not to attack Pakistan. The US desperately needs something to change in Afghanistan, the way things are going in that country. An open confrontation/full scale war with Pakistan would not be an advisable solution. It is also losing its alliances in the Middle East.

I know you were brother, and I would like to commend you for your analysis.

Afghanistan, with almost 1/5th the population of Pakistan, is causing huge problems for the US & NATO Forces. Let us go over the events that took place in Afghanistan over the last 6 days:

May 23: 4 Nato soldiers killed, 14 injured in Afghanistan blast (Laghman)

May 23: Uniform-Wearing Militants Kill 6 at Afghan Police Station (Khost)

May 23: 3 cops dead, 4 injured in Herat blast (Herat)

May 23: Jordanian peacekeeper killed, 4 injured in bomb blast (Logar)

May 22: Suicide bombers invade government building, kill 6 (Khost)

May 22: Blast Rocks Afghan Kandahar City (Kandahar)

May 22: 7 killed, wounded in Zabul roadside mine blast (Zabul)

May 21: 6 killed in Afghan hospital blast (Kabul)

May 21: German forces kill 4 Afghan protestors (Kunduz)

May 20: 4 Iowa Guard soldiers hurt in bombing in Afghanistan (Nuristan)

May 19: Taliban Kill 35 Road Workers In Ambush (Paktia)

May 19: Blast Rocks Afghan Kandahar City (Kandahar)

May 19: Explosion kills French soldier (Kapisa)

May 19: Roadside bomb kills 3 Afghan officers (Nimruz)

May 19: 5 killed, wounded in Badghis (Badhgis)

May 19: 14 dead in Jalalabad suicide bombing (Nangarhar)

May 18: Binghamton native killed in Afghanistan (Kunar)

May 18: 12 demonstrators killed in Afghan anti-NATO protest (Takhar)

May 17: 8 ISAF troops killed, wounded in northern Afghanistan (Balkh)

May 17: 2 civilians killed in Kandahar mine blast (Kandahar)

May 17: Coalition supply convoy strikes roadside mine in Ghazni (Ghazni)

May 17: Afghan governor says NATO troops kill a child, wound 4 (Kunar)

There are many more attacks that are either unreported, or I couldn't mention because I couldn't find them. The provinces where terrorist attacks have took place in only the past 6 days is shown on this map (with a red cross):

400px-Afghanistan_provinces_1996-2004.jpg
What a silly analogy. In case you forgot, US is at war in Afghanistan.

Also, NATO forces in Afghanistan are more infantry oriented rather then mechanised like they were in Iraq due to territorial constriants.

The fact of the matter is that Pakistan also has 620,000 active troops, 1000,000 reserve troops, 100,000 paramilitary, Militia (combined lashkars/volunteers expected to fight alongside Pakistan Army) over 2 million, over 18 million privately owned arms; among many other things. So it would be foolhardy for the US to be in an open conflict with Pakistan.
So? Iraqi armed forces were also enormous in size. You need some serious reality-checking over military capabilities of US. Our MILITARY TOP BRASS is not willing to engage US militarily.

We do have sufficient funds to fight a war against TTP and you are talking about fighting a war against US. Aab kaya Pakistan ko stone age per pahaunchane ka irada hai kya? :rolleyes:

Think before you come up with some CHEST THUMPING again. And never underestimate your enemies. Our nation is unfortunately finding itself in its worse crises period currently since 1971.

I admire your patroitism. But don't be blinded by it.

The point is, if the US & NATO forces are being attacked in 18 Afghan provinces in 6 days (& these are just the ones I found reported, there are many other unreported ones), I think an open war with Pakistan will bring nothing but failure. The US spends $2 billion per week in Afghanistan as it is. What will it do with the expensive, time consuming & unsafe routes through Central Asia; & that too against a population 5 times that of Afghanistan, & that too against a well equipped & highly trained army? The WOT is getting expensive as it is, & the US economy is not being able to sustain it as of now.
In case you forgot, US fought war in Iraq simultaneously regardless of events in Afghanistan. Iraqi conflict is coming to an end. And US demonstrated through its actions in Libya that it still has lot of fight to give.

And Kerry have bluntly told Pakistani administration that whether Pakistan remains allied to US or not, US will defend its INTERESTS at any cost.

China has also said that a open war against Pakistan will be one against China. China has many nuclear warheads that can strike any part of the US. Pakistan also has nuclear warheads that can strike Tel Aviv, such as the Shaheen 3 & others. There would be no feasible routes for supplying an open war against Pakistan, Pakistan is the best route the US has of supplying for the War in Afghanistan in the first place. So I think it would be foolhardy for the US to be embroiled in an open war with Pakistan.

Beta that is just statement to foooooool like you..... n you seemed to forget to use your brain bcoz china is saying such things.....

Back
Top Bottom