What's new

The Typhoon APC of Bangladesh Police

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
In News Channel, i saw a video that so called protesters tried to Block and damage Police APC but they failed. First they blocked road with huge sized wood log but Police APC run over it :omghaha:. After that Protesters threw patrol bomb to it and it hit directly the front glass and it fired up. After few seconds (not even 1 minutes) the fire stopped and nothing happened to that APC, not even a scratch :sarcastic:. It is typhoon APC bought from USA for Police.

1_MahmudHossainOpu.jpg

Here is details about this APC:
Typhoon APC
Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) 4x4 Armored Personnel Carrier

The multi-purpose Typhoon is an extremely capable chassis-less Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) 4x4 APC. With advanced ballistic and a V-Hull the Typhoon boasts an outstanding occupant survival rate in the most challenging of environments. Designed to securely transport up to ten passengers plus equipment, the flexible Typhoon can be readily configured for a wide range of roles including: Command and Control, EOD, Patrol, Convoy Support, Forward Observation and Med-Evac. Built with danger in mind, if damaged the Typhoon can be fast tracked back into service - typically in hours - this, coupled with an excellent off-road capability - makes it an ideal choice.

streit-usa-armored-personnel-carrier-typhoon-apc2.jpg

source: ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIER | STREIT USA | ARMORED TYPHOON APC

LOL....
Recent activities shows me that....our police have only APCs.......
Like its standart issued for police patrol.....

LOL....
Recent activities shows me that....our police have only APCs.......
Like its standart issued for police patrol.....

Does a police force really need a mine-resistant APC?

Riot-control vehicles are enough for the job.

Back
Top Bottom