What's new

US Should Not Give Leftover Weapons to Pakistan: Afghanistan

The ANA can barely maintain their own equipment, if these were left in Afghanistan, they'd either go into a junkyard or be sold to the taliban.

Honestly, I think Pakistan should only take the equipment if the US guarantees that it will help Pakistan build a maintenance facility for them.

I'd also like to point out that India would probably not object, considering that these vehicles have limited conventional use, and are mainly used in COIN operations. They'd be next to useless against a military force that has the strength that the Indians have.

Obama has spoken
412bf7561fd775fefe4c650defe0842040c67af7756918e94315a999aa7c81d6.jpg

He will probably take asylum in India after soldiers leave Afghanistan.
Probably not, either the US will take him, or he'll run back to Pakistan once his term runs out. There is no way he's staying in the country after the elections are over.

The ANA can barely maintain their own equipment, if these were left in Afghanistan, they'd either go into a junkyard or be sold to the taliban.

Honestly, I think Pakistan should only take the equipment if the US guarantees that it will help Pakistan build a maintenance facility for them.

I'd also like to point out that India would probably not object, considering that these vehicles have limited conventional use, and are mainly used in COIN operations. They'd be next to useless against a military force that has the strength that the Indians have.

Probably not, either the US will take him, or he'll run back to Pakistan once his term runs out. There is no way he's staying in the country after the elections are over.
karzai have to sign what CIA has asked, if not, everything will trun against him for sure!

Karazi ought to keep his mouth shut or the whole world will never stopped laughing at him.
nope he will take asylum in islamabad, just as he did before in 80s and 90s. indians dont bother with useless material. he wll be of no use once he is seeking asylum

unfortunately india will object, they may or may not support TTP but they are certainly enjoying it. anything that will help Pakistan is a thing to which India will object. it has already objected in past to such equipment and to coalition support funds

USA will provide it only as it is basis. but frankly we should take it. i t will fetch us money even if we scrap it!

Last edited:
oh I see

so sad that our ISI is not given such choice by armchair brigade :(

Really? I guess even US marines were given opportunity by ISI to use some stealth copters never seen before.

They should work for your army more, I agree.

Really? I guess even US marines were given opportunity by ISI to use some stealth copters never seen before.

They should work for your army more, I agree.
seems like the years I served in the ISI "S" branch were all in the dark and a sham. world seems to know much more about the working of ISI than I do

seems like the years I served in the ISI "S" branch were all in the dark and a sham. world seems to know much more about the working of ISI than I do

No sir, my comment was purely based on the knowledge I get from your post only. That smiley I want to think as a sarcasm but then I chose not to. :)

Lets be honest here, even PA will have a hardtime maintaining those MRAPs, money wise.
ANA is in worse condition than PA, there is no way they can maintain those vehicles for a long period.

Lets be honest here, even PA will have a hardtime maintaining those MRAPs, money wise.
ANA is in worse condition than PA, there is no way they can maintain those vehicles for a long period.
I wonder people keep in mind the maintenance of other land vehicles like main battle tanks, trains etc in mind before commenting on MRAPs... they are not science fiction vehicles from star wars

Who cares about this little Fagg*t Karzai, who is a master of double face puppet. All Afghanistan needs is Bicycles because with their current infrastructure that is what they should be getting :D

US won't give it to the Afghanistan, cos they know there will be a civil war in Afghanistan after their departure, and they wont like it to be a short term massacre, they would love to see afghans killing afghans for years, even decads.

Back
Top Bottom