What's new

The Story Of Indian Army’s Nathu La & Cho La Stands That Saved Sikkim From The Chinese Army!

If you are really competent, then take back Aksai Chin.

Same can be said about "South Tibet". Why doesn't China show its "competency"?

The rest of your post is a big butthurt about 1967...its ok we understand it was embarrasing for you to get trounced so badly and have to see Sikkim as part of India now.

So like you said, you should move on from your loss in the 1967 conflict too.

If we are the only ones that are obsessed, why come here to comment Mr. hypocrite?

whenever I see this, it's funny in the sense this is how WW2 for China is reported.

China defeated India in 1961, now every chance India gets, it like to bring up these incidents. It's shocking even the way it's reported is so similar. I guess that's what happens when you got a chip on your shoulder.

Apparently no one in this world can really move on. I seen this in Western reporting too.

And somehow WordPress has more credibility than a neutral Wikipedia ?

No wonder China has a proper propaganda dept with a propaganda minister and Staff.

Wikipedia is not a source of credible information. Any person can change information and stats in wikipedia.

Wikipedia is not a source of credible information. Any person can change information and stats in wikipedia.

But they cant change the underlying sources that wiki quotes.

Its those sources that are way more important than the wiki page itself.

whenever I see this, it's funny in the sense this is how WW2 for China is reported.

China defeated India in 1961, now every chance India gets, it like to bring up these incidents. It's shocking even the way it's reported is so similar. I guess that's what happens when you got a chip on your shoulder.

Apparently no one in this world can really move on. I seen this in Western reporting too.

I agree, its time to move on. But people everywhere are too bored sometimes :P

There is no problem as long as such things do not consume all their real life and they stay balanced overall.

A war between China and india will always result to a Chinese victory. Indian weaklings are no match for China.

But they cant change the underlying sources that wiki quotes.

Its those sources that are way more important than the wiki page itself.

Even those links are fake as most of them dont even work. If you want some history then dig up some history books as online you will only find propaganda articles from anonymous sources.

Even those links are fake as most of them dont even work. If you want some history then dig up some history books as online you will only find propaganda articles from anonymous sources.

One of them takes you to a good pdf article that gives the parliamentary source.

http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/30868/6/06_chapter 2.pdf

Its on page 55.

I only found this because of the wikipedia article link list at bottom. Wikipedia is not all bad, its open source true....but underlying sources are what I am always interested in anyway. Thats the very same thing as going for the history books....esp when there are no netural history books on a particular subject (like this one) for various reasons.

Same can be said about "South Tibet". Why doesn't China show its "competency"?

The rest of your post is a big butthurt about 1967...its ok we understand it was embarrasing for you to get trounced so badly and have to see Sikkim as part of India now.

So like you said, you should move on from your loss in the 1967 conflict too.

If we are the only ones that are obsessed, why come here to comment Mr. hypocrite?

:-) argue and argue, this is the best Indian trait, and a reason why you move one step forward and 2 steps backwards. Never even learn your lesson and improve. Just argue and argue and think you are the smartest. If you won the war, you wouldn't be having the mentality of a loser right? You ask any Chinese, they don't seem to even know about India, but you can see the bitterness of losing the war in most Indians.

We were claiming Arunachal not Sikkim, we wanted Sikkim to be independent and not part of India. The purpose of 1962 was to secure Aksai Chin to connect Xinjiang to Tibet, and to teach India a lesson. India was thinking they were the British of Asia.

Check how far we advanced into India before you talk. Arunachal Pradesh was too big to be secured and too far from Chinese bases. This was in 1967 during the cultural revolution. Aksai Chin was so near Delhi compared to Chinese cities and yet you can't defend it, sheer incompetence.

Why am I here? I just enjoy seeing Indian reactions whenever I bring up 1962.

One of them takes you to a good pdf article that gives the parliamentary source.

Its on page 55.

I only found this because of the wikipedia article link list at bottom. Wikipedia is not all bad, its open source true....but underlying sources are what I am always interested in anyway. Thats the very same thing as going for the history books....esp when there are no netural history books on a particular subject (like this one) for various reasons.

Great.... quote Indian sources on an Indian victory....Jai Hind! The Chinese killed so many of your so called brave Jawans and now you need to prove you are not so useless afterall.:bunny:

Last edited:
:-) argue and argue, this is the best Indian trait, and a reason why you move one step forward and 2 steps backwards. Never even learn your lesson and improve. Just argue and argue and think you are the smartest. If you won the war, you wouldn't be having the mentality of a loser right? You ask any Chinese, they don't seem to even know about India, but you can see the bitterness of losing the war in most Indians.

We were claiming Arunachal not Sikkim, we wanted Sikkim to be independent and not part of India. The purpose of 1962 was to secure Aksai Chin to connect Xinjiang to Tibet, and to teach India a lesson. India was thinking they were the British of Asia.

Check how far we advanced into India before you talk. Arunachal Pradesh was too big to be secured and too far from Chinese bases. This was in 1967 during the cultural revolution. Aksai Chin was so near Delhi compared to Chinese cities and yet you can't defend it, sheer incompetence.

Great quote Indian sources on an Indian victory....Jai Hind! The Chinese killed so many of your so called brave Jawans and now you need to prove you are not so useless afterall.

Here you are arguing about others arguing. Hypopcrisy seems to be the national pastime of Chinese.

"Check how far we advanced into India" <----does this mean you admit it was Indian land? CPC does not share your view.

Great quote Indian sources on an Indian victory....Jai Hind! The Chinese killed so many of your so called brave Jawans and now you need to prove you are not so useless afterall.

Chinese troops got crushed in 1967 badly and then got crushed again by Vietnam in 1979....thats why China stays within its borders now.....and when they do come out, its for puffing air or sharing some tea.

Paper tiger that complains about others always talking about it negatively....but same standard does not apply to itself.

image-png.316411

Thanks to @Perpendicular

We were claiming Arunachal not Sikkim, we wanted Sikkim to be independent and not part of India.

Your "liberation" attempt failed spectacularly. Sikkim people still laugh at you today for it and are proud Indian citizens.

Arunachal Pradesh was too big to be secured and too far from Chinese bases.

Thanks for admitting the CPC claims were utter crap at a very fundamental level then.

Yet they still persist with claiming it :D

This was in 1967 during the cultural revolution.

In 1962, Indian military had faced a full 14 years of its power and capability being systematically stripped away by its own govt in a long purge just like cultural revolution. We thank China for breaking that cultural revolution (extreme pacisifm) inside India....and then giving us an opportunity to show the new reality in 1967.

Since then China has not tried anything other than put up signs and try a few unarmed treks....and both make for a lot of jokes for Indian soldiers.

Why Indians are so enthusiastic on some small border skirmishes which the sources can never be independently verified due to the nature of those border skirmishes being so insignificant. Cross border shooting is almost like day to day event between hostile neighboring countries all around the world. There is only one war in the history between China and India , China crushed India, that's the fact that everyone knows in the world, Indians maybe feel so humiliated and become kind of desperate to find any shred of loin cloth to make them look even a little bit decent.

Here you are arguing about others arguing. Hypopcrisy seems to be the national pastime of Chinese.

"Check how far we advanced into India" <----does this mean you admit it was Indian land? CPC does not share your view.

Aww, so cute, you got me! Well it was Indian controlled at that time. You called Arunachal, South Tibet, does it mean you support CCP claims? Grow up kid!

Chinese troops got crushed in 1967 badly and then got crushed again by Vietnam in 1979....thats why China stays within its borders now.....and when they do come out, its for puffing air or sharing some tea.

If it makes you happy that you had a 'victory', go ahead and think that way, ignorance is bliss, LOL. Jai Hind! I don't want to go into the Sino-Viet war, that's another issue, we invaded, retreated and gained Paracel and sank the Viet Navy. It's subjective whether we 'won' that war. But for the Sino-Indian war, it's really straight forward, we kicked your *** and there is nothing you can do about it.:sarcastic:

Paper tiger that complains about others always talking about it negatively....but same standard does not apply to itself.

image-png.316411

Your "liberation" attempt failed spectacularly. Sikkim people still laugh at you today for it and are proud Indian citizens.

Calm down Nilgiri, There is no good country or bad country, there are only strong and weak countries. Some Chinese think they are victims, I don't think that way. The more the West criticizes China, the more we improve. The more they ban technology, the more self reliant we become, example our new supercomputer. India on the other hand is the opposite.

Sikkim is happy in India? I am sure the rebel would not agree. LOL

Thanks for admitting the CPC claims were utter crap at a very fundamental level then.

Yet they still persist with claiming it :D

In 1962, Indian military had faced a full 14 years of its power and capability being systematically stripped away by its own govt in a long purge just like cultural revolution. We thank China for breaking that cultural revolution (extreme pacisifm) inside India....and then giving us an opportunity to show the new reality in 1967.

Since then China has not tried anything other than put up signs and try a few unarmed treks....and both make for a lot of jokes for Indian soldiers.

If it makes you happy that you think I admit CPC claims were crap, you can think that way. :-)
Yes, you won a 1967 'WAR' when no one in the world even heard of that 'VICTORY', you were great, now you can live in peace and think you were great. The fact remains, we entered South Tibet (I have to use this term since you would say i don't support Chinese claim) and retreated, we entered Aksai Chin and stayed on. Instead of thinking how incompetent you were since we could enter those territories so easily, you ask why we didn't stay on in South Tibet?

You were not joking when we killed a few thousand Jawans isn't it?:bunny:

Well, after 1962, we didn't see any brave Indians enter Aksai Chin too, but we heard alot of loud noises about how great and how many victories Indians had, but still until today Aksai Chin is under Chinese rule.

Last edited:
China also had border skirmishes with Soviet Union and some other countries in the past which are more documented than those hearsay stories. We killed a dozen of theirs and they killed a dozen of ours, it went on for some time like this . It shows nothing other than the fact that back then those countries were not on friendly terms. there's nothing more to talk about them, we don't and Russians don't either.

But for the Sino-Indian war, it's really straight forward, we kicked your *** and there is nothing you can do about it.

Similarly we kicked you *** in the 1967 Sikkim war....and there's nothing you can do about it :D

Sikkim is happy in India? I am sure the rebel would not agree. LOL

Tell me which rebel groups operate in Sikkim?

There is no good country or bad country, there are only strong and weak countries. Some Chinese think they are victims, I don't think that way. The more the West criticizes China, the more we improve. The more they ban technology, the more self reliant we become, example our new supercomputer. India on the other hand is the opposite.

Lol you almost went on a good platform....but like the hypocritical troll you are you have to add your insult in the end.

Its not simply about "banning technology"...its about Chinese hypocrisy. One set of standards applies to them...and completely different one to foreigners.

This is the middle kingdom complex. It gets shattered quite thoroughly like when say Genghis Khan arrived to Beijing :D

Why Indians are so enthusiastic on some small border skirmishes which the sources can never be independently verified due to the nature of those border skirmishes being so insignificant. Cross border shooting is almost like day to day event between hostile neighboring countries all around the world. There is only one war in the history between China and India , China crushed India, that's the fact that everyone knows in the world, Indians maybe feel so humiliated and become kind of desperate to find any shred of loin cloth to make them look even a little bit decent.

They have this insecurity and inferior complex when it comes to China. I have seen this in many Indians. Whenever, we achieve something great like sending a man to space, they become bitter and angry.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom