What's new

The Story Of Indian Army’s Nathu La & Cho La Stands That Saved Sikkim From The Chinese Army!

You still here huh? CPC troll department got you on over time or something?

The total casualties refer to the total series of clashes that took place in the area (including Cho La but also Nathu La and Cho La 2nd round).

If you cared to read what the Nathu La incident was like, it was a full scale artillery barrage that resulted in most of the Chinese casualties.

Cho La is sometimes used to refer to the whole episode (since they all took place around the same time and Cho La was the first spark) in its entirety but strictly speaking is a small border scuffle compared to Nathu La incident and Chola 2nd incident (and other clashes in the area).

Here is a survival of war saying that over 100 indian killed and we killed so many chinese that their commander even did not believe.

http://defencelover.in/nobody-belie...-rezang-la-114-indian-jawans-killed-1400-chi/

After 1967, Aksai Chin is in China and the bodies of thousands of Jawans are still in Chinese soil.

Aksai Chin happened in 1962

Nathu la and Cho La happened in 1967

After 1967 ; you have NEVER fired a Bullet ; the question is WHY

After 1962, South Tibet is in India....as is the Tibet govt :D I just love it when Dalai Lama meets a world leader and China releases a "we are angry" statement....and can't do anything else but watch and complain.

We enjoy hosting him since it really gets your goat. Again, nothing you can do about it...except file a complaint in the complaint box...and wait for your number to be called :P

@Han Patriot

The Chinese are Always DEMANDING Tawang and South Tibet

Please TAKE it by FORCE --if you can

Hopefully some "HONEST" old Indian members on this forum will have the courage to support the "TRUTH"
Unfortunately, perhaps its human nature likely to accept "FEELS GOOD FABRICATED STORY"

Look who's talking about doctored news and fabricated content as 'feel good factors'. :D

Here is a survival of war saying that over 100 indian killed and we killed so many chinese that their commander even did not believe.

http://defencelover.in/nobody-belie...-rezang-la-114-indian-jawans-killed-1400-chi/

All the names of your comrades are written on the memorial here in Rewari. The list here says that 114 jawans killed 1,300 Chinese enemies that day.

Yadav: I saw that with my own eyes. Bodies were lying all around.

Wow, looks like the 300 -400 was a conservative estimate then. Could be in the thousands indeed. I had read this somewhere else too.

The NE is a tinder box, ethnically diff from the dark Indians, we just need to give them a little support and it would be on fire. The point is China does not want conflict to bide time and become powerful first.

See, do not say about the ethnicity. We are not a homogeneous nation ethnicity wise. It varies from Kashmir to kanyakumari. Our concept of nation is not ethnicity based but it is the shared values. I think xinxiang Muslims have same ethnicity of you guys. Why do they still want to separate from china. IS the Tibetans have same ethnicity as you guys?

So you use Indian sources in this (its where wikipedia takes it from), but not Indian sources for 1967? Hypocrisy alert.

China has already tried its best to stoke the "tinder box" just like they tried to "liberate" Sikkim away in 1967. Both times it has failed miserably. The last major rebel group in the NE surrendered and signed a peace agreement with India 2 years ago. All the ones before that have given up their arms and gone back to living peacefully. Even Dalai Lama visited them :D

Yes, sure, no more NE rebels, all is peaceful. :-). Chalta hai my Indian bhai....

I don't think we ever wanted to liberate Sikkim, our claim was just South TIbet and Aksai Chin, we got one, one more to go. You were the one that keep on saying we tried to invade Sikkim, it's all from 'unbiased' Indian sources right? Are you sure this was not just a border skirmish, if PLA wanted to invade Sikkim, you would have been minced.

So keep thinking its the same as 20 - 30 years ago, we don't care. The major state in the North East (Assam) recently voted for the nationalist party in India....would they do that if they felt they are not Indian? :P

Oh wait you dont even have national elections and referendums in China so I guess you will never know what Chinese people really feel about being part of China or their govt. Whenever they voice their protest, its time to roll in the tanks and slaughter them like in Tianenmen square. PLA is good at waging war against unarmed people in recent history....and thats about it. Why do you think small Vietnam and Philippines stand up to China so easily? All bark, no bite. At least with Mao you had some bite early on...now you are just a paper tiger....as evidenced in SCS.
Well, democracy vs autocracy, that's another debate. Do you want me to start on starving Indian kids? India vs China?
Tiananmen is also another debate, I think the gov did what it had to do, and we have today's China. All bark no bite? Let's see, we took Aksai Chin, we went into South Tibet, killed some Jawans, and retreated due to supply lines, we took Paracels, we took Spratlys. Trust me, it's a matter of time before we concentrate on India, now our Pakistani brothers are helping us tie you down. Most of the time, when China announces something officially, they will achieve it, we don't like to brag and boast unlike someone. So you better pray we don't aim at you. Our current preoccupation is Japan and US. We need to surpass them, that's our benchmark and stop using us as your benchmark, please aim for something higher?

After 1962, South Tibet is in India....as is the Tibet govt :D I just love it when Dalai Lama meets a world leader and China releases a "we are angry" statement....and can't do anything else but watch and complain.

We enjoy hosting him since it really gets your goat. Again, nothing you can do about it...except file a complaint in the complaint box...and wait for your number to be called :P
You never ask why we could have invaded successfully in the first place? Check how far AP (please let me use this term, its shorter) from Delhi and how far AP is from any major Chinese city. Do you know you have to be really incompetent for PLA to even invade in the first place. It's just pathetic.

Pakistan didn't call them higher than mountain friend...esp not after the Pressler amendment and US ditching them after Afghanistan war.

Better show us you can handle the small countries in SCS instead of grabbing one or two shoals and watching them still occupy your claimed territory while you complain and see other countries sail their ships inside your claimed territorial waters without your permission and are deaf to your protests.

You have non-interference attitude because you get burned badly when you do intervene....better to remain paper tiger with middle kingdom complex....and leave the fighting to countries that know about it first hand. Everyone is better off that way :D.
So US can choose not to interfere and we cannot? We got burned badly when we occupy Paracels, Aksai Chin and Spratly's? How many more thousand of Jawans you need us to kill to prove this point? Don't mess with us.

Wow, looks like the 300 -400 was a conservative estimate then. Could be in the thousands indeed. I had read this somewhere else too.
Great, add in another 0 at the end while you are at it. Jai Hind!

Yes, sure, no more NE rebels, all is peaceful. :-). Chalta hai my Indian bhai....

Can ask the north-easterners in this very forum. Do you even know any of them?

I don't think we ever wanted to liberate Sikkim, our claim was just South TIbet and Aksai Chin, we got one, one more to go. You were the one that keep on saying we tried to invade Sikkim, it's all from 'unbiased' Indian sources right? Are you sure this was not just a border skirmish, if PLA wanted to invade Sikkim, you would have been minced.

You are welcome to believe all that. I speak from the actions the PLA indulged in over the space of a few months. It was a sustained probe to see if India was weak in Sikkim. It blew up quite badly on your collective faces and you beat a hasty retreat, never to think of it again. The PLA couldn't invade Sikkim back then or today. Just look how they handled the Viets in the ground war in 1979...pitifully bad.

Well, democracy vs autocracy, that's another debate. Do you want me to start on starving Indian kids? India vs China?

Well you are diverting the topic enough as it is (starting with bringing up China's space program), so why not. Proceed if it gives you any more satisfaction like the good internet troll you are.

Tiananmen is also another debate, I think the gov did what it had to do, and we have today's China. All bark no bite? Let's see, we took Aksai Chin, we went into South Tibet, killed some Jawans, and retreated due to supply lines, we took Paracels, we took Spratlys.

Notice the systematic deteoriation in China's actual employment of force compared to its perception over time?

Started with WW2, then Chinese civil war....then Korean war, then 1962, then the USSR border war, then 1967, then Vietnam border war and now relegated to Spratleys (which you didnt "take"...since PH and viets occupy plenty of them as well).

So yeah you are all bark and no bite given you cant deal with your much smaller neighbours (compared to the vicious all or nothing struggle of say WW2, chinese civil war and korean war under Mao). Forget about dealing with India of today....and continue to have you feel good moment with 1962 like it somehow applies to today. I mean we are occupying your claimed territory of South Tibet (much much larger in size than the tiny SCS islands)....yet you don't dare to raise a finger about it.

Trust me, it's a matter of time before we concentrate on India, now our Pakistani brothers are helping us tie you down.

Yeah your brothers that we split up while you watched from across the mountains because you were rubbing your behinds from 1967 :D

Doesn't instill much confidence I have to say. "A matter of time" that will never come....because you cant even deal with Vietnam and the pinoys....much less Japan and the US.

We need to surpass them, that's our benchmark and stop using us as your benchmark, please aim for something higher?

Accumulating trillions of dollars of debt in such a short span of time and now needing 6 dollars of debt for every dollar of growth (twice as worse as the US). Yeah no thanks, you are no one's benchmark anymore (or ever were for that matter since no one wants to get success on the back of the level of pain you inflicted on your own people on purpose because of leftist ideology akin to North Korea)....and will be less so in the years to come when the real bubbles start to burst.

But good to see your middle kingdom ego is alive and well....it will be fun to watch it deflate.

You never ask why we could have invaded successfully in the first place? Check how far AP (please let me use this term, its shorter) from Delhi and how far AP is from any major Chinese city. Do you know you have to be really incompetent for PLA to even invade in the first place. It's just pathetic.

AP is pretty close to Kunming and Chengdu compared to Delhi. Delhi and the major cities of China are not even where the supply logistics for that theater originate from. Yes the Chinese were smart to withdraw and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Only problem is you still claim all that land...and theres nothing you can do about it to quote your own words.

So US can choose not to interfere and we cannot?

US didn't paint themselves as the ally and saviour of Pakistan. You certainly did (from the 70s onwards and even giving them the CHIC-4 for their nuclear program)....and deep down the Pakistanis wont forget that (no Chinese support in 1999)....because you can often sense their attitude when this question is asked (both for 1971 and 1999).

In 1971 the US at least sailed a carrier fleet into the bay of bengal to threaten India. But for 1999 you simply said "its a bilateral issue and we welcome peace to be restored". Not even a statement supporting Pakistan verbally.

Its ok, we appreciate that you are talk and no walk....like you said you have other countries to focus on....as do we....so it suits us both.

We got burned badly when we occupy Paracels, Aksai Chin and Spratly's?

You don't occupy South Tibet, Sikkim, Senkaku and many (if not most) of the Spratlys....and Taiwan as well....all things you claim but de facto do not occupy. So yeah you've got burned plenty and its only going to stay that way when you look at the world map.

I mean look at the discussion going on in the Viet defence thread right now lol:

https://defence.pk/threads/vietnam-military-news-discussion.211882/page-444#post-8449968

Its why your threatening and posturing with the N.E of India "rebel" groups (without even bothering to check on the actual status of these groups today) is so laughable. Its good humour for us at least. Just like its humour to you when certain Indians claim they will take Tibet away from China. It exists on both sides....we are all human after all.

Great add in another 0 at the end while you are at it. Jai Hind!

Thanks. Lets agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited:
Can ask the north-easterners in this very forum. Do you even know any of them?
I knew one, he said they prefer independence.

You are welcome to believe all that. I speak from the actions the PLA indulged in over the space of a few months. It was a sustained probe to see if India was weak in Sikkim. It blew up quite badly on your collective faces and you beat a hasty retreat, never to think of it again. The PLA couldn't invade Sikkim back then or today. Just look how they handled the Viets in the ground war in 1979...pitifully bad.

First it was an invasion and now it's a little probe. Can you make up your mind? An invasion or a probe? Yes, I told you before, you can believe whatever you want to make you feel better. With the Viets, again, I think it wasn't a total victory but with you it's obvious.

Well you are diverting the topic enough as it is (starting with bringing up China's space program), so why not. Proceed if it gives you any more satisfaction like the good internet troll you are..

Notice the systematic deteoriation in China's actual employment of force compared to its perception over time?

Started with WW2, then Chinese civil war....then Korean war, then 1962, then the USSR border war, then 1967, then Vietnam border war and now relegated to Spratleys (which you didnt "take"...since PH and viets occupy plenty of them as well).

So yeah you are all bark and no bite given you cant deal with your much smaller neighbours (compared to the vicious all or nothing struggle of say WW2, chinese civil war and korean war under Mao). Forget about dealing with India of today....and continue to have you feel good moment with 1962 like it somehow applies to today. I mean we are occupying your claimed territory of South Tibet (much much larger in size than the tiny SCS islands)....yet you don't dare to raise a finger about it.

Just because we don't employ force, it does not mean we are not capable of employing force. The non-interference stance is changing soon.

Do you really want another few thousand dead Jawans? And you think the PLA had not improve as compared to 1962?
You can't even get enough howitzers after so long, WE MAKE THEM, and we even make it lighter than M777.

Let me get this straight,let's go through this logic, B controls 2 piece of land, A claims those 2 piece of land, occupies land 1, kills the guard, and permanently settles there and in the meantime A also invades land 2 and kills the guard and burnt the house, and then retreat because there were not enough food. B is now proud because they are still in land 2. What makes you think A will not invade again? Should B even be proud when A killed the guard and burn down the house?

Yeah your brothers that we split up while you watched from across the mountains because you were rubbing your behinds from 1967 :D

Doesn't instill much confidence I have to say. "A matter of time" that will never come....because you cant even deal with Vietnam and the pinoys....much less Japan and the US.
Pakistan and Bangladesh are bound to split due to geography. Does it matter, it's still two muslim countries flanking India. Exporting millions of illegal immigrants into India, that itself is a weapon.

Again, we chose not to interfere, that's in our interest. In the end, it doesn't really change the equation. We are still supporting Bangladesh with our weapons.

We can't deal with the Pinoys and Vietnam because of US & Russia. You do knw tht right? We also can't deal with you because of US and Russia. Is that something to be proud of when you need to be a baby protected by others?

Accumulating trillions of dollars of debt in such a short span of time and now needing 6 dollars of debt for every dollar of growth (twice as worse as the US). Yeah no thanks, you are no one's benchmark anymore (or ever were for that matter since no one wants to get success on the back of the level of pain you inflicted on your own people on purpose because of leftist ideology akin to North Korea)....and will be less so in the years to come when the real bubbles start to burst.

Firstly, we have debt but it's in Yuan. And do you have official figures of how much our debt is? Are you even sure we need 6$ to produce 1$ of growth, is that even possible or logical? You should make a trip to China, don't go to a tier I city, go to a tier III city and see the living standard as compared to good ole bharat. Again how communist is China? China maybe autocratic, but can you tell me which communist country has got a share market? You guys had been harping and wishing China to explode since the 80s. Dude, hoping for your rival to explode is not a strategy, you need to work hard to overtake a rival 5 times your economy.

Fact is fact, your country is still starving and yet you keep on dreaming in Bollywood style. Please feed your people first. Your country is like an African country. Do you want more?

AP is pretty close to Kunming and Chengdu compared to Delhi. Delhi and the major cities of China are not even where the supply logistics for that theater originate from. Yes the Chinese were smart to withdraw and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Only problem is you still claim all that land...and theres nothing you can do about it to quote your own words.
typical Indian logics, why not you compare the distance between Sikkim and Beijing? Use google maps and see how far Calcuta to Sikkim compared to Chengdu. There is nothing we can do? We are already doing it? Why do you think we arm the NE rebels? It's just to tenderize the meat before we fry it.

US didn't paint themselves as the ally and saviour of Pakistan. You certainly did (from the 70s onwards and even giving them the CHIC-4 for their nuclear program)....and deep down the Pakistanis wont forget that (no Chinese support in 1999)....because you can often sense their attitude when this question is asked (both for 1971 and 1999).

In 1971 the US at least sailed a carrier fleet into the bay of bengal to threaten India. But for 1999 you simply said "its a bilateral issue and we welcome peace to be restored". Not even a statement supporting Pakistan verbally.

Its ok, we appreciate that you are talk and no walk....like you said you have other countries to focus on....as do we....so it suits us both.

You don't occupy South Tibet, Sikkim, Senkaku and many (if not most) of the Spratlys....and Taiwan as well....all things you claim but de facto do not occupy. So yeah you've got burned plenty and its only going to stay that way when you look at the world map.

I mean look at the discussion going on in the Viet defence thread right now lol:

https://defence.pk/threads/vietnam-military-news-discussion.211882/page-444#post-8449968

Its why your threatening and posturing with the N.E of India "rebel" groups (without even bothering to check on the actual status of these groups today) is so laughable. Its good humour for us at least. Just like its humour to you when certain Indians claim they will take Tibet away from China. It exists on both sides....we are all human after all.

Thanks. Lets agree to disagree and move on.
Giving billions of military aid to Pakistan is not obvious? We are Pakistani ally but we can choose not to interfere. Its up to us isn't it?

I knew one, he said they prefer independence.

Sure lets take your word on that. One from this forum (in which case who?) Or one from real life?

I've met Tibetans and Uighurs saying they prefer independence...does that change anything on the ground?

First it was an invasion and now it's a little probe. Can you make up your mind? An invasion or a probe? Yes, I told you before, you can believe whatever you want to make you feel better. With the Viets, again, I think it wasn't a total victory but with you it's obvious.

A probe is an invasion silly. It involves entering the territory of another country...and can be a wide range of sizes. Read up on the Battle of Kursk some day maybe.

Again we don't care what you think was a victory or not. You don't seem to get this do you?

I mean did Vietnam withdraw from Cambodia (the very reason you invaded them)?

Did China manage to threaten Hanoi at any point after losing all that material and men and playing into Vietnams defenders advantage?

All I see is you complaining about Indians obsession with China....and here you are indulging in what exactly? :D

Just because we don't employ force, it does not mean we are not capable of employing force. The non-interference stance is changing soon.

Lame empty rhetoric. No ones going to hold their breath for sure. Many years ago one of your own members on this forum was jumping up and down and saying the invasion of Vietnam was imminent (in another forum where he could indulge more in his fantasies).....because of the anti-China riots that were sparked there....and still nothing happened.

Full of wild desires and keyboard warring your CPC troll lot are :D

Pakistan and Bangladesh are bound to split due to geography. Does it matter, it's still two muslim countries flanking India. Exporting millions of illegal immigrants into India, that itself is a weapon.

Pakistan doesn't export "millions" of illegal immigrants into India...what are you talking about? Bangladesh its a more complicated situation....but its no weapon for sure since we extract plenty from them in return.

Again, we chose not to interfere, that's in our interest. In the end, it doesn't really change the equation. We are still supporting Bangladesh with our weapons.

And the Bangladeshis let us check out these weapons thoroughly. Good job. Business for you, clarity of threat for us. Win -win.

We can't deal with the Pinoys and Vietnam because of US & Russia. You do knw tht right? We also can't deal with you because of US and Russia. Is that something to be proud of when you need to be a baby protected by others?

Want a tissue about it? Fact is you can't deal with them...US and Russia arent going away....so whats the game plan for China? Sit and whine forever? Its getting quite tiring and boring.

Firstly, we have debt but it's in Yuan. And do you have official figures of how much our debt is? Are you even sure we need 6$ to produce 1$ of growth, is that even possible or logical?

Its based on estimated and analysis by various financial groups. China being afraid to release the data and biting the bullet is only lending credence to the fact its something nastily huge.

The 6 dollar of debt is for growing by 1 dollar (not producing what you already are). Learn the difference between an existing level and growth. Its an estimate by Morgan Stanley if you want to look it up further.

You should make a trip to China, don't go to a tier I city, go to a tier III city and see the living standard as compared to good ole bharat. Again how communist is China? China maybe autocratic, but can you tell me which communist country has got a share market? You guys had been harping and wishing China to explode since the 80s. Dude, hoping for your rival to explode is not a strategy, you need to work hard to overtake a rival 5 times your economy.

I've been to China (Chengdu mostly but also some of the other cities). There is good and there is bad.

And there you go again speaking about "you guys" in its absolute entirety. I certainly dont think all or even most or many Chinese wish ill on India (maybe a large part of the defence board geeks do)...same goes for Indians regarding China.

You are getting too sidetracked, calm down and relax....and learn to deal with your obsession before labeling others as such.

Fact is fact, your country is still starving and yet you keep on dreaming in Bollywood style. Please feed your people first. Your country is like an African country. Do you want more?

We are feeding them a lot better than your "brother" Pakistan (And improving a lot faster)....and continue to improve the situation each year. Absolute poverty is now measured in India as low as 12.4% in 2011 by the World Bank (so even lower now). But you can keep indulging in your obsession with demeaning us in whichever way you can think of. Water off a ducks back as far as I'm concerned....it just illustrates some basic realities are hitting you quite hard for some reason.

typical Indian logics, why not you compare the distance between Sikkim and Beijing? Use google maps and see how far Calcuta to Sikkim compared to Chengdu. There is nothing we can do? We are already doing it? Why do you think we arm the NE rebels? It's just to tenderize the meat before we fry it.

You see you spout a lot about the NE rebels, but you provide no evidence or data. Do you even know the numbers that supposedly operate now in the NE and what size groups they are and where they are forced to live now comapared to before? The tibetan liberation movement is a hundred times stronger because it has invested in the pen, not sword.

Has a world leader even met one of the NE rebel leaders at any point when they were active? Its why they were snuffed out, they never connected with anyone, they couldnt get enough of their people to support them and then they lost the local support entirely. You seem to be very ill-informed about the current reality. But if you want to keep your fantasy going, thats fine.

As far as logistics go, since when has any army relied on the nearest major city as a measure of it? The reasons why China left South Tibet have nothing to do with how far their major cities are from it...and everything to do with the local geography and nature of the passes and time of year. You are quite an amateur it seems when you analyse this conflict. You seem to know nothing about how an army operates tactically in such areas and the reasons behind judging the feasibility of an area's defense.

Last edited:
It's a small border skirmish that Indians try to make it look otherwise while the whole world just laughs at them. China never claimed victory when China killed dozens of Russians in the 60s in some border skirmishes cause we know what they were,nothing but small scale conflicts which neither country planned to commit to fight long term. If China really wanted to start a war, China won't stop, PLA never did things half way through. Indians lost in the war and its not a big shame to lose to a much more powerful country like China, just admit it.

Sure lets take your word on that. One from this forum (in which case who?) Or one from real life?

I've met Tibetans and Uighurs saying they prefer independence...does that change anything on the ground?
I am sure you did. Good for you. :-)

A probe is an invasion silly. It involves entering the territory of another country...and can be a wide range of sizes. Read up on the Battle of Kursk some day maybe.

Again we don't care what you think was a victory or not. You don't seem to get this do you?

I mean did Vietnam withdraw from Cambodia (the very reason you invaded them)?

Did China manage to threaten Hanoi at any point after losing all that material and men and playing into Vietnams defenders advantage?

All I see is you complaining about Indians obsession with China....and here you are indulging in what exactly? :D

LOL. A probe now becomes an invasion? Can a probe be a skirmish?
Vietnam? I told you...I don't think it was a victory 100% we just got an island out of it and sank the navy. I respect them, after all they don't talk a lot and boast unlike somebody, they just defeated the Americans for god's sake.

I just love seeing your reaction. That's all. :-)

Lame empty rhetoric. No ones going to hold their breath for sure. Many years ago one of your own members on this forum was jumping up and down and saying the invasion of Vietnam was imminent (in another forum where he could indulge more in his fantasies).....because of the anti-China riots that were sparked there....and still nothing happened.

Full of wild desires and keyboard warring your CPC troll lot are :D
No idea about some others fantasy or yours for that matter.

Pakistan doesn't export "millions" of illegal immigrants into India...what are you talking about? Bangladesh its a more complicated situation....but its no weapon for sure since we extract plenty from them in return.
And the Bangladeshis let us check out these weapons thoroughly. Good job. Business for you, clarity of threat for us. Win -win.
Did I say Pakistan? I am sure they let you check our F-7s.

Want a tissue about it? Fact is you can't deal with them...US and Russia arent going away....so whats the game plan for China? Sit and whine forever? Its getting quite tiring and boring.
Don't have to cry, that's just geopolitics. The fact is we are an independent power (realize I don't use the word supapowah unlike some people.). We don't need American nor Russian protection.:yahoo:. We don't whine we just act, instead of outright war, we just slowly wiggle in, an inch at a time, like what we do at your borders.

Its based on estimated and analysis by various financial groups. China being afraid to release the data and biting the bullet is only lending credence to the fact its something nastily huge.

The 6 dollar of debt is for growing by 1 dollar (not producing what you already are). Learn the difference between an existing level and growth. Its an estimate by Morgan Stanley if you want to look it up further.
Right, the same Morgan Stanley who didn't see the 08 crisis? Or the bunch of bankers printing $? I am sure they are not biased. You do know the significance of having debt in Yuan, don't you? Can you teach me hw to achieve a Chinese living standard with a 6:1 investment ratio while having an inflation much lower than India?

I've been to China (Chengdu mostly but also some of the other cities). There is good and there is bad.

And there you go again speaking about "you guys" in its absolute entirety. I certainly dont think all or even most or many Chinese wish ill on India (maybe a large part of the defence board geeks do)...same goes for Indians regarding China.

You are getting too sidetracked, calm down and relax....and learn to deal with your obsession before labeling others as such.
Chengdu is a tier i city, you should go even smaller cities, you can see their living standards. I can assure you they are not starving.

We are feeding them a lot better than your "brother" Pakistan (And improving a lot faster)....and continue to improve the situation each year. Absolute poverty is now measured in India as low as 12.4% in 2011 by the World Bank (so even lower now). But you can keep indulging in your obsession with demeaning us in whichever way you can think of. Water off a ducks back as far as I'm concerned....it just illustrates some basic realities are hitting you quite hard for some reason.
Good for you. Only 10% of Indians are poor now. So you have 20%-30% starving but only 10% poor? Great Delhi statistics.
You see you spout a lot about the NE rebels, but you provide no evidence or data. Do you even know the numbers that supposedly operate now in the NE and what size groups they are and where they are forced to live now comapared to before? The tibetan liberation movement is a hundred times stronger because it has invested in the pen, not sword.

Has a world leader even met one of the NE rebel leaders at any point when they were active? Its why they were snuffed out, they never connected with anyone, they couldnt get enough of their people to support them and then they lost the local support entirely. You seem to be very ill-informed about the current reality. But if you want to keep your fantasy going, thats fine.

Ouuch, you don't have to explain so much, there are definitely no rebels in the NE. No ethnic problems at all. All is barney happy.

As far as logistics go, since when has any army relied on the nearest major city as a measure of it? The reasons why China left South Tibet have nothing to do with how far their major cities are from it...and everything to do with the local geography and nature of the passes and time of year. You are quite an amateur it seems when you analyse this conflict. You seem to know nothing about how an army operates tactically in such areas and the reasons behind judging the feasibility of an area's defense.
To sustain the presence in South Tibet, you don't need reinforcements? Food? Equipment? Where do you think the nearest production bases are? You think some border town can produce howitzers and ammunition? No wonder we can beat the crap out of India in 1962.

Those dubious sources can never be verified. still, that's just a border skirmish even it really happened at all. PLA had no plan to attack India back then. Propaganda machine would be on the full swing before any real military actions like the case happened before 1962 Sino Indian war,but back then there was nothing suggesting China having any big plan to that direction. If PLA really wanted a large scale war, Indian army wouldn't stand any chance. just like what we admit that in the late 1960s and early 1970s, we fought some border skirmishes with Soviet Union and both armies killed dozens of each other's soldiers in those small conflicts and Russians stopped , it clearly showed that Russians didn't want to have a war with China back then,but if Russia really wanted to have a full scale war , China won't stand a chance cause 1960s and 1970s were the worst time for China when the country was in the thick of the cultural revolution.

Indians can masturbate by thinking that those skirmishes were great wars that proved something, but in other people's eyes, they are just what they are, some insignificant cross border shooting accidents.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom