4) Druv Helicopter capabilities.

5) Moon Mission's Dream

6) Arjun acceptance.

7) Nag Missile's success.

8) Aakash Missile effectiveness.

9) Brahamos Missile's capabilities.

10) ABM's capability

Ohh.... i tired by typing now..

But from above's few examples you can see that we never give up:toast_sign: No matter what......

i Hope you got me:angel:

Well the best part above is "WE NEVER GIVE UP" ... and that's what takes anyone to success ...

i know its a weird ques but ... when did the lca's wind tunnel model came out ??

^ in 1991 if i am right

20 yrs on ...still lca not operational ...applying the same time frame time to mca= 20** ....

i dont want to show it ...hope it gets completed much before.....

20 yrs on ...still lca not operational ...applying the same time frame time to mca= 20** ....

Don't worry you can compare time line of Druv and LCH, In which LCH comes out super fast.

In LCA time we Neither have any Experience nor Facility for building Supersonic fighter, Plus international ban for high technology....

In my opinion MCA will come out fast as LCH:smitten:

Let's hope for the best:angel:

We have better economic conditions and more leverage as compared to 1991 when we were considered USSR's pet. Naturally the work might done get in shorter time. I hope that there's some agreements on components of fighter with private sector as well--small components and stuff.

We don't want to repeat the Tejas story all over again. BTW since LCA mk2 is intended to operate 2015 onwards, how come they haven't even released a single model to public yet?

Don't worry you can compare time line of Druv and LCH, In which LCH comes out super fast.

In LCA time we Neither have any Experience nor Facility for building Supersonic fighter, Plus international ban for high technology....

In my opinion MCA will come out fast as LCH:smitten:

Let's hope for the best:angel:

1-lch was based on dhruv .... but is mca based on lca.........
so i don't agree to this point....

2-yes time has changed and now we have some experience (i building a/c)...also we are in a good economic condition that support early developmental time frames for AMCA..... :cheers::cheers: :smitten::smitten:

We have better economic conditions and more leverage as compared to 1991 when we were considered USSR's pet. Naturally the work might done get in shorter time. I hope that there's some agreements on components of fighter with private sector as well--small components and stuff.

We don't want to repeat the Tejas story all over again. BTW since LCA mk2 is intended to operate 2015 onwards, how come they haven't even released a single model to public yet?
Just wait until they decide the engine they will be using, then it will be feasible for them to roll out a model, until then you dont know what changes you will make.

1-lch was based on dhruv .... but is mca based on lca.........
so i don't agree to this point....

2-yes time has changed and now we have some experience (i building a/c)...also we are in a good economic condition that support early developmental time frames for AMCA..... :cheers::cheers: :smitten::smitten:

Certainly it is.... MCA will be based On LCA ..... For LCA We had to Evolve the technologies in it, we had to rectify the Odds, We had to Bridge the gap of 2 generations Between Marut and LCA tejas.... MCA is a Next Gen Aircraft Keeping The Technical Know how On LCA as a Platform....

LCA did Not have a Platform at all.... But MCA Now has.... We have Become masters In Composites, We were trained In Airframe Designing and Mastering it By Non Other than Our Beloved Russians While Taking Up the task of suk 30 MKI... Avionics and EW suit are Just A matter of time for ADA.... Budding Experts in Avionics...

So Keeping everything In Mind, MCA should Be ready for Induction around 2025 , which would eventually replace the Mig 27 and Jaguar and Is predicted to be a Fighter Bomber

Certainly it is.... MCA will be based On LCA ..... For LCA We had to Evolve the technologies in it, we had to rectify the Odds, We had to Bridge the gap of 2 generations Between Marut and LCA tejas.... MCA is a Next Gen Aircraft Keeping The Technical Know how On LCA as a Platform....

LCA did Not have a Platform at all.... But MCA Now has.... We have Become masters In Composites, We were trained In Airframe Designing and Mastering it By Non Other than Our Beloved Russians While Taking Up the task of suk 30 MKI... Avionics and EW suit are Just A matter of time for ADA.... Budding Experts in Avionics...

So Keeping everything In Mind, MCA should Be ready for Induction around 2025 , which would eventually replace the Mig 27 and Jaguar and Is predicted to be a Fighter Bomber

F-22 was not base on F-15. If MCA is going to be base on LCA, than MCA would be no more stealthy than an F-15SE.
In another word, a 5th gen plane base on a 4th gen chassis. Not good.:no:

F-22 was not base on F-15. If MCA is going to be base on LCA, than MCA would be no more stealthy than an F-15SE.
In another word, a 5th gen plane base on a 4th gen chassis. Not good.:no:

When Did I say, We are Building AMCA on LCA Chassis?? I dont think You took up the Challenge of F-22 straight away from Scratch, You had the Superior technology of a 4+gen aircraft from which You Evolved F-22, Unlike LCA which had to be written from Scratch with no Prior Technical Knowledge...

In Another Word a 5th gen aircraft with prior Knowledge on 4+gen aircraft, Good Idea....:agree:

Last edited:
Come on guys... we are not building MCA based on LCA.
We can't compare it with ALH and LCH. LCH is virtually the same as ALH, the main difference being in the airframe and few avionics for weapons integration.

As for LCA and AMCA, AMCA is in a different weight category, different engine configuration, entirely different airframe, stealth, internal weapons bay, fly-by-light(most probably) and different mission role. We may even end up using totally different engines for MCA as we need a high-end fifth gen engine.

Development of MCA from LCA will not be anywhere near as easy as building LCH from ALH.

Although our experience with LCA will help us tremendously in the making AMCA.

When Did I say, We are Building AMCA on LCA Chassis?? I dont think You took up the Challenge of F-22 straight away from Scratch, You had the Superior technology of a 4+gen aircraft from which You Evolved F-22, Unlike LCA which had to be written from Scratch with no Prior Technical Knowledge...

In Another Word a 5th gen aircraft with prior Knowledge on 4+gen aircraft, Good Idea....:agree:

F-22 is created from scratch. Sure, it has two wings instead of 3 wings. But there is a big difference between an F-22 and a 4+ generation plane. F-22 is more similar to F-117 and that is where F-22 designer can obtain experience from. But I'm certain that they do not get it from F-4, F14 or F-15E.

Come on guys... we are not building MCA based on LCA.
We can't compare it with ALH and LCH. LCH is virtually the same as ALH, the main difference being in the airframe and few avionics for weapons integration.

As for LCA and AMCA, AMCA is in a different weight category, different engine configuration, entirely different airframe, stealth, internal weapons bay, fly-by-light(most probably) and different mission role. We may even end up using totally different engines for MCA as we need a high-end fifth gen engine.

Development of MCA from LCA will not be anywhere near as easy as building LCH from ALH.

Although our experience with LCA will help us tremendously in the making AMCA.

Just curious, how many companies are competing for the AMCA contract?

F-22 is created from scratch. Sure, it has two wings instead of 3 wings. But there is a big difference between an F-22 and a 4+ generation plane. F-22 is more similar to F-117 and that is where F-22 designer can obtain experience from. But I'm certain that they do not get it from F-4, F14 or F-15E.

F-22 is not a flying dodo like F-117. You will find more commonality between F-22 and other US fighters than F-117.
Except for stealth, can you list other common features between F-117 and F-22?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom