What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft by 2018

We know that design work of AMCA is underway since a long time. We have seen different designs of the aircraft starting with twine engine rudderless to So many. I think that they have done good amount of aerodynamic study of all the designs. If they have freezed the design or near to freeze design, No reason why AMCA sholld not roll out by 2018 provided we do not link Kaveri Engine with AMCA and decide which engine to use today or latest by the time the design is freezed. We have composite and other technologies ready. What we need is a robust design with very low aerodynamic drag and high maneuverability.

I do not see any technical challenge why we can not roll out AMCA by 2018. I am only afraid of mismanagement.

I think mismanagement part will also be taken care of by the new found confidence in overall scheme of outputs many of our labs are putting out. I would also like to think that there is a new crop of engineers who are managing projects - especially since the boost given to the LCA IOC.

They haven't even frozen the design, plus no full funding.

I doubt the design will look much different than what they've been showing -

AMCA.JPG

8sGgbax.jpg

I just dont even know how they'll make a TD-1 by 2018 without the design frozen and full funding given.

Serious question guys (coming from a non-engineering, non-aviation field). My questions are from layman's POV.

1) Why, or what are the reasons for twin tail fins on 2 engined aircrafts esp. after Mig-35 foxbat / F-15 days? Previous 2 engined acs had one tail fin.
2) Modern stealth designs of 2 engined tail fins are angled (vertically, if you look at any of these acs from the front). Previous a/cs like F-15s/Mig-35s or even Mig-29 had straight 90degree angled tails.
3) Re. AMCA and stealth designs, how much different can any future 2 engined acs look from the established airframes of different countries (Pakfa / YF-22 or other such acs from China?) To a layperson, the basic structure of angled wings, angled tail fins, et al look similar, if not same. What - or - how different can our AMCA be?

Knowledgable replies please, no trolling.

And what, continuing to give out money to every other country to build up their own industry is even better??

It can look foolish now, like how this looked foolish then -

first-ISRO-rocket.jpg

apj.jpg

But it will all be worth it.

Realistically, we can expect a TD-1 2020+.

Is this the same ex president that predicted that India will be superpower by 2012?

any source to back ur claim

India would be a superpower by 2012: Kalam - Times Of India

India would be a superpower by 2012: Kalam

UDHAGAMANDALAM (TN): Former President A P J Abdul Kalam on Friday lauded ISRO's scientists for successfully launching the PSLV-C9 to put 10 satellites in orbit.

Besides, the Chandrayaan-I unmanned moon mission by the year end would add another feather in the country's space programme, Kalam, here to participate in a school function, said

India has become very advanced in space technology, he said, adding the country would become a superpower by 2012.

India would be a superpower by 2012: Kalam - Times Of India

India would be a superpower by 2012: Kalam

UDHAGAMANDALAM (TN): Former President A P J Abdul Kalam on Friday lauded ISRO's scientists for successfully launching the PSLV-C9 to put 10 satellites in orbit.

Besides, the Chandrayaan-I unmanned moon mission by the year end would add another feather in the country's space programme, Kalam, here to participate in a school function, said

India has become very advanced in space technology, he said, adding the country would become a superpower by 2012.
His quote says 2020 :hitwall:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go back on topic. All of that doesnt matter, that's from 2008.

I wonder if the project will be started by 2018, not a TD will be made then. Maybe a misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom