What's new

The SAAB-2000 myth busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Enough is enough. People are claiming that Pakistan Air Force's 2 SAAB-2000 got completely destroyed and one is within the limits of repairs, taking the silence of PAF in this matter as a 'Yes, all Erieyes are damaged and we are shameful to show our faces in public'. ENOUGH with this attitude already. I received this latest picture from unknown source, could be well probably released on will of PAF, which is showing 3 Saab-2000 with AEW&C suits which are in a temporary hangar, which is being developed as you can see the workers. One can assume that the other hangar(s) is/are being made stronger as to withstand any further terrorist attack.

Picture removed.

Plus, there have been spotting of Saab-2000s, not 2 days ago, flying near PAF Base x (why on earth should I name it, when this picture is sufficient enough?)

Sorry to vanish your conspiracy theories, they were well-made and surely put with lot of effort to make seem realistic.

Enough is enough. People are claiming that Pakistan Air Force's 2 SAAB-2000 got completely destroyed and one is within the limits of repairs, taking the silence of PAF in this matter as a 'Yes, all Erieyes are damaged and we are shameful to show our faces in public'. ENOUGH with this attitude already. I received this latest picture from unknown source, could be well probably released on will of PAF, which is showing 3 Saab-2000 with AEW&C suits which are in a temporary hangar, which is being developed as you can see the workers. One can assume that the other hangar(s) is/are being made stronger as to withstand any further terrorist attack.

Picture removed.

Plus, there have been spotting of Saab-2000s, not 2 days ago, flying near PAF Base x (why on earth should I name it, when this picture is sufficient enough?)

Sorry to vanish your conspiracy theories, they were well-made and surely put with lot of effort to make seem realistic.

WHEN SUCH SECURITY FAILURES TAKE PLACE, THE DAMAGE IS LIKELY TO BE EXAGGERATED BEYOND
THE TRUTH. IT'S NATURAL.

I thought PNS Mehran debacle would alert all PAF/PN to guard airbases and aircraft in a better way but it
didn't, hence Kamra attack took place. Its likely atleast 1 Erieye was damaged, Im not sure if it can
be repaired or not although PAF claims it can be.

Hopefully they'll learn to protect their high-value assets like AWACS, ASW aircraft, Refuellers with more
viligance from now on.

If true..then very good news..thats what we wanted to hear..
Terrorists failed...

Now where is the picture?

Picture removed.

Sir, kindly re-load the picture. Regards

The picture was hot-linked from source and it's removed from the source now. Trying to find alternate.
But there have been confirmed appearances of Saab-2000 systems near a particular PAF Base, which must be good enough. There was also picture taken from a Boeing-747 of the Saab-2000s but due to the falling sunlight, quality was not good enough and those picture are not available now either.

were all 4 erieyes there?

No, 3 units with AEW&C with clearly visible serials of 2 units, 10049 and 10025 were present.

were all 4 erieyes there?

No, two were. Third was flying and getting ready to land when the ground control instructed it to stay airborne and then rerouted it to another PAF base

No, two were. Third was flying and getting ready to land when the ground control instructed it to stay airborne and then rerouted it to another PAF base

Sir, i think he is mentioning the number of AWACS in picture discussing above, not during the KAMRA attack.

No, 3 units with AEW&C with clearly visible serials of 2 units, 10049 and 10025 were present.

Sir, love u for this info. I believe your words.
Still agar picture dikh jati, tu weekend ka maza aa jata.:azn:

mate upload the pics...no matter how crude..
Rest leave on us,we will gimp/pnotoshop the hell out of it,and all will be clear,if real or fake and what the pictures are snowing is erieye or something else.

Whatg saab? where'z the pic

Last Hope has a very good reputation on the forum.

He does not BS.

I will take his word, but still LH, I would like to see the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom