What's new

The Royal Moroccan Army is a quantum leap in armaments

There is a Chinese article that says Morocco has also signed a deal for skydragon 12

SkyDragon-12%2BSurface-to-Air%2BMissile%2BSystem%2Bchina%2BPLA%2Barmy%2Bair%2Bforce%2Bpakistan%2Biran%2Bexport%2Bmissile%2Bair%2Bdefencse%2Bcruise%2Bmissile%2Baircraft%2Bpgms%2B(4).jpg

COBRA and C5I
ekTgjae.png

Last edited:
Morroco has WS-2D if I remember correctly.
Moroccan media reported in 2018 that four batteries entered service with the Moroccan Army.
The WS-2D has a range of 400 km and can carry a 200 kg warhead.
Up to six rockets can be launched from a single launcher.
A battery typically comprises a command and control station and six launchers.
WS-2D has a range of 400 km and can launch unmanned aerial vehicles.
Accuracy is 600 meters with inertial navigation system (INS) guidance and GPS guidance is optional.

Chinese_army_will_purchase_A300_MLRS_Multiple_Launch_Rocket_System_using_GPS_guidance_640_001.jpg

Moroccan media reported in 2018 that four batteries entered service with the Moroccan Army.
The WS-2D has a range of 400 km and can carry a 200 kg warhead.
Up to six rockets can be launched from a single launcher.
A battery typically comprises a command and control station and six launchers.
WS-2D has a range of 400 km and can launch unmanned aerial vehicles.
Accuracy is 600 meters with inertial navigation system (INS) guidance and GPS guidance is optional.

Chinese_army_will_purchase_A300_MLRS_Multiple_Launch_Rocket_System_using_GPS_guidance_640_001.jpg

SY-400 is more like a modular MRLS upgrade that can fire ballistic missiles and it too comes from the same company as WS-2D.

SY-400 is more like a modular MRLS upgrade that can fire ballistic missiles and it too comes from the same company as WS-2D.
Oh please don't call them Ballistic Missiles ..they are long range rocket artillery in its own right as China likes to call them.. calling them Ballistic Missiles will bring in MTCR and what have you.. also with those side ailerons they are definitely not BM but something close to it..

SY-400

Oh please don't call them Ballistic Missiles ..they are long range rocket artillery in its own right as China likes to call them.. calling them Ballistic Missiles will bring in MTCR and what have you.. also with those side ailerons they are definitely not BM but something close to it..

SY-400
Why doesn't china call them BM's.. China is strange with the naming of things but glad it is not called dragon or Phoenix... Or even 9 tail fox

Last edited:
Why doesn't china call the BM's.. China is strange with the naming of things but glad it is not call dragon or Phoenix... Or even 9 tail fox
The missile used in SY-400 is not a Ballistic missile but a big G to G missile with great range.. Check the pic again..

When it is a BM the call it BM ..

Chinese DF-12 (M20 / CSS-X-15) TBM
See the source image

The missile used in SY-400 is not a Ballistic missile but a big G to G missile with great range.. Check the pic again..

When it is a BM the call it BM ..

Chinese DF-12 (M20 / CSS-X-15) TBM
See the source image

It does sort of makes sense

There is a Chinese article that says Morocco has also signed a deal for skydragon 12

SkyDragon-12%2BSurface-to-Air%2BMissile%2BSystem%2Bchina%2BPLA%2Barmy%2Bair%2Bforce%2Bpakistan%2Biran%2Bexport%2Bmissile%2Bair%2Bdefencse%2Bcruise%2Bmissile%2Baircraft%2Bpgms%2B(4).jpg

COBRA and C5I
ekTgjae.png

Morocco is about to overtake Algeria in the next 2-3 years as strongest country in armement in the region. But still I would say Algeria is slightly bit very small amount ahead but Morocco may take the lead in short time

Morocco is about to overtake Algeria in the next 2-3 years as strongest country in armement in the region. But still I would say Algeria is slightly bit very small amount ahead but Morocco may take the lead in short time
Morocco has apparently already taken the qualitative lead.. Algeria might still have a quantitative lead..

I am still not convinced especially look at the navy
The only advantage seemingly is the 6 Kilo submarines.. but Morocco has one of the best submarine hunters in the world..The French FREMM.. and it is apparently contracting for 3 more from Italy.. and has plans for submarines from France or Germany..

Also Check this new procurement in air defense:

Back
Top Bottom