What's new

The real causes of Muslims scientific downfall

Muhammad Saftain Anjum

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I need some material on this topic (for a debate competition.
Deviance from islam is the most commonly told factor for their downfall.

I read on a book long ago (probably by Dr. Ausaf Ali) that the lack of entrepreneurship culture in Muslim empires was a major cause of Muslims scientific downfall .

That's an interesting factor not usually discussed
I think some more similar factors would have been there that caused their scientific downfall
Think of them and write them right here
Thanks in advance

I read on a book long ago (probably by Dr. Ausaf Ali) that the lack of entrepreneurship culture in Muslim empires was a major cause of Muslims scientific downfall .

I think some more similar factors would have been there that caused their scientific downfall
Thanks in advance
1. Lack of free thinking
2. Mullah giving fatwah on every new invention including the printing press (ottoman empire) and loudspeakers
3. Mullah threatens scientific studies which challenge their hegemony
4. lack of entrepreneurship (economic and wealth) is the primary motivation behind new inventions)
5. Imam Ghazali fatwah against science and philosophy ( he set a standard education criteria and course no one to divert from it)
6. and most of all tolerance. nobody tolerates others nor their idea or their opinion. How can you get new ideas when you don't entertain different ideas? hence lack of creative thinking.

1. Lack of free thinking
2. Mullah giving fatwah on every new invention including the printing press (ottoman empire) and loudspeakers
4. lack of entrepreneurship (economic and wealth) is the primary motivation behind new inventions)
5. Imam Ghazali fatwah against science and philosophy ( he set a standard education criteria and course no one to divert from it)
6. and most of all tolerance. nobody tolerates others nor their idea or their opinion. How can you get new ideas when you don't entertain different ideas? hence lack of creative thinking.
This was long ago (cause of fall due to mullah)
What’s the reason for downfall at present times
It’s not Mullah’s this time
Education is widespread in both Sunni saudi and Shia iran
It’s more to do with our aversion to risk, laid back attitude, obsession quick return, bureaucratic obstacles, strict nationalism, lack of entrepreneurial thought

Thanks in advance

Mullahs are the main reason of our scientific downfall.

1. Lack of free thinking

All the above will come to grips, once you read independent history specially on a man called Imam Ghazali, and compare his books with Ibn Rushd.

Once you understand the dynamics of these two,
You may want to go back a little bit, and then study what and why "Hadith" was invented.

Everything will come to light then.

An interesting historical connection here is that the downfall of Science and Philosophy in Muslim World started with the decline of Arab Muslim Power.

With the rise of Central Asian Muslims and decline of Arab and Persian Based politicians and Intellectuals. All went down hill.

Not blaming or glorifying anything. Just a corelation i observed.
The Early Muslim civilization that was formed by ambitious Arabs who also absorbed the Persian Knowledge base was overpowered and subdued by the Brave strong and rough warriors from the steppe. And the Mongol horde was the last nail in the coffin of Islamic civilization.

All the above will come to grips, once you read independent history specially on a man called Imam Ghazali, and compare his books with Ibn Rushd.

You may want to go back a little bit, and then study what and why "Hadith" was invented.

I know what you meant but the truth is what Ghazali did although he did it for the greater good, it destroyed the free-thinking and tolerance. So, he did a commendable job fighting the fitna but in the long run, it bites in the back of the Muslim ummah.

Neil Degrasse Tyson explains it beautifully in this video

The golden age of Islam ended around 1100 BC due to "conservatives" banning free thought and enlightenment.
Before that, we had freedom of thought, opinion and were not scared of knowledge. No one was calling each other "liberandu" or whatever for having different views then them.
Once conservative Islam took hold, it's been a death spiral.

Islam had a Golden Age due to inter mixing of free thinking people from multiple geographic areas. Once lands had been conquered, the usual tribal rivalries sprung up and eventually everything was lost.

Tell us. That's why we are here. Because we cannot read everything. So we share with each other what we've read. Like a book club.

Mongol attack to Bagdad
Mongol burn Kingdom library and killed many people
Why Mongol kill many people ? Because it is their law for any region/kingdom who oppose their rule

Lay down your weapon, surrender or your town will be destroyed this is what Mongol do when they want to attack another country
------------------

Mongol then turn to Islam, but their understanding on Islam is not as complex as Arab and Mongol lead Muslim world under Turkish

Turkish is pragmatic and dont like changes of ideas practiced in Bagdad before Mongol invasion.

Turkish has its own deed of course, their military power protect Islam from Western power. Then Turkish power gives some time for other Asian region to embrace Islam before later being colonized by Westerners.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom