What's new

The Problem of Urdu

Silly. Bhim/Bheem/Bhima was a character in an ancient Indian epic. A bit of a stretch to call it based on religion.

:) hinduism is based on mythology.

but anyway you clearly ignored to address chota hunuman (Hindu god) character cartoon.

Its not 'my' culture, its shared culture. Unless you are arab or mughal descendant, you cannot claim to 'adopt' our culture, because it belongs to both.

Lol sir we have iranian's culture thnk before write :D

Why are you saying the word poisoning. That means that my culture is a bad thing. Its not.
I am ok if you say that my culture is not acceptable to you. But you should not say it s immoral.
come on why u taking it personally ....... i will say what is Immoral for us ....
eating cow is allowed in ISLAM ... u will say it immoral ....
same is about ISLAM and PAKISTAN ......... many a things of your culture are immoral for us and i am very right to object them .... they are poison for us

Lol sir we have iranian's culture thnk before write :D

ok..sorry.. I forgot to include iranians and turks. :)
so which bit of iranian culture do you have (multi layer makeup on face not included) :)

offtopic: It will be nice if we can have a diversity in pakistan thread (with members from diffrent culture/language contributing). Lot of us Indians are ignorant about it (and too lazy to google)

:) hinduism is based on mythology.

but anyway you clearly ignored to address chota hunuman (Hindu god) character cartoon.

Again not a God, though I accept that people do worship him. The character is interesting, so is used to attract kids. Not much of a religious message though maybe a general moral one. I find this cussedness suffocating. If you start objecting to characters who are from the Hindu cultural space, similar objections will get made for much of the great stories of Arabia simply because they are set in a Muslim setting. No end to such competitive silliness. If CB or CH are liked in Pakistan, it simply proves my point. The attraction is in the characters themselves, not in their supposed religious context. Best to leave the children alone, no need to inculcate hatred in them too even if its too late for the likes of you.....:)

Again not a God, though I accept that people do worship him. The character is interesting, so is used to attract kids. Not much of a religious message though maybe a general moral one. I find this cussedness suffocating. If you start objecting to characters who are from the Hindu cultural space, similar objections will get made for much of the great stories of Arabia simply because they are set in a Muslim setting. No end to such competitive silliness. If CB or CH are liked in Pakistan, it simply proves my point. The attraction is in the characters themselves, not in their supposed religious context. Best to leave the children alone, no need to inculcate hatred in them too even if its too late for the likes of you.....:)

1. Hope you accepted the reality that these characters are based on Hinduism.

2. Kids are kids they are attracted to cartoons, their minds are raw you cant feed them religion be it any in grab of entertainment. why Indians opted to choose religious characters?

3. hunuman is considered a hindu god among many gods. worshiped and the cartoon is based on this hindu god's activities.

4. i have NO issue with Indian culture or hindu character. come up with character of Gandhi, or any prominent hindu human figure teaching values, good habits to kids instead of teaching hinduism, we have no issue with that.

ok..sorry.. I forgot to include iranians and turks. :)
so which bit of iranian culture do you have (multi layer makeup on face not included) :)

offtopic: It will be nice if we can have a diversity in pakistan thread (with members from diffrent culture/language contributing). Lot of us Indians are ignorant about it (and too lazy to google)

Re Persian - Leave other things aside, we also have areas where people celebrate nowroz which is Persian new year. and Diversity is already there - Because you will see that Pashtun/Baluch poster will say that we don't share anything with Indians and they are right to say that because they have more similarity with Afghan & Iranian culture than with even Punjab or Sindh of Pakistan.

see 10 pages of discussion to defend hindism based religious cartoons based on hindu gods' characters. yeh misplaced priorities that too for small kids.
You see people are 'defending hindism based religious cartoons'. I see people taking offense with the mere exposure to other cultures. I mean the author says that he doesn't find anything wrong if the kids want to watch Kung-fu panda which features Buddhism and shows ghosts/ gods and yet he thinks 'Indian' cartoons offensive?

I don't get it. So what these kids are watching cartoons based on Hinduism? I grew up watching Arabian Nights. That doesn't mean I believe in Genie. My brother went to a Catholic school where church was compulsory and he never turned to christianity.

Almost every hollywood movie contains Christian themes and yet I don't see people losing their faith in their own religion.

I bet many pakistanis on this board and many more muslims all over the world watch and love Game of thrones which contains even more gods than Hinduism and I'm sure non of them converted to any of those religions are lost their faith in Islam.

Those who are upset with Indian serials corrupting their children, kindly use your remote control. There are brilliant programs in discovery and national geographic channels. Also many japanese cartoon and disney cartoon to choose from.

All of the Indian programs(yes all of them) are made keeping Indian audiance in mind. If producers get some extra money from pakistan, thats just a bonus.
Indian mythology is a goldmine for Indian cartoon serial producers, there is instant identification and recognition of character, and there are thousands of stories to tell.

If larger part of revinue starts to come from pakistan, Indian producers definitely will change the content.

1. Hope you accepted the reality that these characters are based on Hinduism.

2. Kids are kids they are attracted to cartoons, their minds are raw you cant feed them religion be it any in grab of entertainment. why Indians opted to choose religious characters?

3. hunuman is considered a hindu god among many gods. worshiped and the cartoon is based on this hindu god's activities.

4. i have NO issue with Indian culture or hindu character. come up with character of Gandhi, or any prominent hindu human figure teaching values, good habits to kids instead of teaching hinduism, we have no issue with that.

What next? Stop teaching Pakistani children mathematics because some ancient Hindu found out something or the other or that they invented the number system? Already true of Yoga, I guess. What do you suggest Hindus do? Stop taking children to see the Taj Mahal or any number of monuments built by Muslims because they almost certainly have a hidden Islamic sub context somewhere? Hindu & Muslim children should never see the inside of the Vatican or admire the great masterpieces that were created because they have a religious context? Everyone should stop appreciating Qawwali because it has a religious context somewhere? Btw, when you are at it, are you going to stop children in Pakistan from watching movies on mythological characters like Thor because there might be some connection to the Hindu god Indra?

I really have to disagree with you. I don't know about you but I would never wish such a constricted world view on any children, Pakistani or Indian.

that's the point ,
hidu culture is pervasive , rather hindu religion is hidu culture , this culture is poisoning minds of our coming generation ....

:omghaha:

Instead of ranting here on PDF why don't you go in the field and beat the sh!t out of these kids who watch Hindu cartoons.

P.S. This Pakistani insecurity has continued for 11 pages. Wow.

You see people are 'defending hindism based religious cartoons'. I see people taking offense with the mere exposure to other cultures. I mean the author says that he doesn't find anything wrong if the kids want to watch Kung-fu panda which features Buddhism and shows ghosts/ gods and yet he thinks 'Indian' cartoons offensive?

I don't get it. So what these kids are watching cartoons based on Hinduism? I grew up watching Arabian Nights. That doesn't mean I believe in Genie. My brother went to a Catholic school where church was compulsory and he never turned to christianity.

Almost every hollywood movie contains Christian themes and yet I don't see people losing their faith in their own religion.

I bet many pakistanis on this board and many more muslims all over the world watch and love Game of thrones which contains even more gods than Hinduism and I'm sure non of them converted to any of those religions are lost their faith in Islam.

1. Panda is NOT a budhist god.

2. Why Indians needed to integrate religion through religious figures into entertainment for kids?

3. Just imagine if tomorrow a Pakistani comic writer came up with same hunuman character sans religous teaching but just posing as funny joker to entertain kids and am sure they will get entertain . how will you take it?

4. nobody get converted through this stuff. the point is not of any such fear. the POINT is Indians should or to say anyone should avoid preaching religion through cartoons in name of entertainment.

5. i have no issue with your movies based on hindu mythology for grownups. its just that Indians should STOP using cartoon as a religion preaching religion to kids.

:omghaha:

Instead of ranting here on PDF why don't you go in the field and beat the sh!t out of these kids who watch Hindu cartoons.

P.S. This Pakistani insecurity has continued for 11 pages. Wow.

It infact Indian inability to defend religion based cartoons for kids.

we dont need to beat the kids we only need to dub this hunuman character in our own script ;) lets see how much the hindus from indian like it.

come on why u taking it personally ....... i will say what is Immoral for us ....
eating cow is allowed in ISLAM ... u will say it immoral ....
same is about ISLAM and PAKISTAN ......... many a things of your culture are immoral for us and i am very right to object them .... they are poison for us

ok immoral and poison are strong words to use. You may need to think about toning down the wrods a bit.
For me, I am vegetarian, but people eating meat are not immoral to me. Its only a choice. I cant relate still how cow eating is immoral. Anyway I think you only wish to say that its not acceptable to you.
Likewise even poison is a strong word.

Back
Top Bottom