What's new

The Problem of Urdu

I agree that itshould be made in Pak whatever form it takes.
But if you look at it, the thing called culture is not maunfactured. if there is a set of people in a place a culture , practise , way of doing things evolves automatically. thats why you have office culture, google culture, IT culture, etc. The culture that we develop in a place shapes our personalities.
Thats why we find it offensive if people say that your culture is not good and mine is better. same with religion
So Pak already has a culture merely by its existance only.Dont you think so.

I appreciate your effort at getting me to use Google, but if by "manufacture" you mean "create" then I think you may have to reconsider -- culture is the entirety of thought and action in society, yes it is not static, yes it is constantly changing - Yes to all of that - and yes Pakistan have many different cultures, the aspect we were discussing from earlier posts was the lament with regard to Entertainment and popular cultur as experienced on TV shows and magazines, basically entertainment.

I appreciate your effort at getting me to use Google, but if by "manufacture" you mean "create" then I think you may have to reconsider -- culture is the entirety of thought and action in society, yes it is not static, yes it is constantly changing - Yes to all of that - and yes Pakistan have many different cultures, the aspect we were discussing from earlier posts was the lament with regard to Entertainment and popular cultur as experienced on TV shows and magazines, basically entertainment.

Oh no - i didnt mean to ask you to Google (verb) culture. I only refered to the environment at Google as Google culture. And I think I used the word manufacture differenlty from create. Manufacture is something you do mindlessly repetitively. Create is something you put thought and action it. So i agree that culture is created and evolved and we should strive to keep it evolving by taking out parts that need to change with time and adapt the good ones to the current times.

From what i understnad you are saying that TV content of Pak should be local. Is taht right? if so fair enough.
In india, every region has local content and very different from the other. Some have stronger contecnt (like the South) and some not .

But if you look at it, the thing called culture is not maunfactured. if there is a set of people in a place a culture , practise , way of doing things evolves automatically. thats why you have office culture, google culture, IT culture, etc. The culture that we develop in a place shapes our personalities.

sorry for off topic, but are you in IT field? the term 'google culture' and location of bangalore are reason I ask. how are your local hi-tech industries developing there, because its known mostly as BPO hub. any momentum in field of innovations or home grown chip/computer manufacturers like lenovo, asus for china & taiwan? no need to answer if you don't want to.

sorry for off topic, but are you in IT field? the term 'google culture' and location of bangalore are reason I ask. how are your local hi-tech industries developing there, because its known mostly as BPO hub. any momentum in field of innovations or home grown chip/computer manufacturers like lenovo, asus for china & taiwan? no need to answer if you don't want to.

It depends, india is a software services exporting giant. We develop roll out, maintain software. Many companies do a lot of activites from low end to high end. FYI BPO came several years after IT.
We dont do much of hardware mfr like China or Taiwan. Many MNCs have their software development hubs and senior people in India. India also has several homegrown software companies. I recently moved from Indian IT company to an MNC.
I am happy with the IT industry so far.
Also FYI - Bangalore is not a BPO hub - more like Gurgaon. bangalore is full IT.

The misplaced priorities of people on these forums never fail to amuse me. Seriously, a 10 page discussions about cartoons?????

see 10 pages of discussion to defend hindism based religious cartoons based on hindu gods' characters. yeh misplaced priorities that too for small kids.

Hi you are offending me by saying that my culture is poisoning minds. I think you should apologize. Its one thing to say that you want your culture to be Arabic without other influence and another to say that my culture is poisoning your minds thus implying its bad.

i didn't say anything offensive for which i should apologize .... he i said what is reality . u need to read your history , ....
i said about incapability of our govt .... govt need to ban such kind of immoral stuff .....
such kind of cartoons are poison for our generation and i am right in opposing them ...
being A Pakistani and being a Muslim we should oppose it by every mean ..

gabar when you come up with cartoons characters like chota ganish, chota hunuman etc etc do you even need any explaination?

Bheem is not any Hindu God, he was known for his strength just like Hercules. I have watched Chhota Bheem and those cartoon characters in that show looks normal kids of villages of North India and there is no religious content.

I am sure you guys won't have any problem if there was some TV show or Hollywood movie on Hercules.

Young Lady, its not Urdu's fault.

Do you recall old friends & relatives who despite having lived in Pakistan ( & in my case India) for decades come back with an ' angrezi' accent after a year or two abroad ? We laughed at them. Their fault was that they willfully wanted or allowed their mother tongue to slip from their memory due to lack of usage.

The fault lies in us for allowing our mind to saturate / digress with or into other languages at the cost of something.

Yet I may add , we use only 33 % of our brain. If we apply ourselves we can retain a happy blend of both languages.

After all why lose the advantage technology gives us to connect in so many ' zubaans' ?

Why is it that one never forgets the wonderful lyrics or powerful dialogues in Urdu ?

This point is conceded.

:what: SIR where did i say its fault of urdu or any language? all is said what you are saying in this post

i didn't say anything offensive for which i should apologize .... he i said what is reality . u need to read your history , ....
i said about incapability of our govt .... govt need to ban such kind of immoral stuff .....
such kind of cartoons are poison for our generation and i am right in opposing them ...
being A Pakistani and being a Muslim we should oppose it by every mean ..

Why are you saying the word poisoning. That means that my culture is a bad thing. Its not.
I am ok if you say that my culture is not acceptable to you. But you should not say it s immoral.

Back
Top Bottom