What's new

THE PAKISTAN WE LOST SOMEWHERE BETWEEN OUR EGOS AND IMMORALITIES

All of that was during Capital was Located in Karachi thus most of the bureaucracy were also Karachi Based. Once Capital Moved we lost one half of a territory in 6 years then Nationalization of Industries took out the rest of Resources we had and last Nail to the Coffin was Zia ul Haq's Dictatorship. This is what happen when we started Engineering things for Political Motives what if we havent Moved Capital from Karachi at least we would had got an efficient Bureaucracy today if other things wouldnt have happened.

You got to be kidding here. We can all thank Ayub Khan and his prescient ladership. Otherwise today we would have had the ignominy of having our capital in the "gangster city" of Pakistan with shutdown every second week. Top bureaucrats would have loved risking gettinmg shot or kidnapped for ransom to and from the office.

That puffed puffter of London would not only hold Karachi hostage but the entire federal government of Pakistan.

Capital in Karachi? Thanks but no thanks.

Pakistan is not lost but the Pakistanis and their values.

I laugh sometimes when people post old screen shots of PTV drama and PIA airhostesses to prove that Pakistan was very enlightened back in those days. Well, if we see today's PTV and countless other channels, Pakistan should have become lot more enlightened. It is not that these channels are broadcasting Quran recitation all day long or PIA's airhostesses have started wearing Afghan-style shuttle cock burqa. Similarly, it is 'p0rn' that is searched most on internet not Quran or Hadith books, what better a proof we need for the enlightenment?

Man thats what i was thinking- nicely put-

You got to be kidding here. We can all thank Ayub Khan and his prescient ladership. Otherwise today we would have had the ignominy of having our capital in the "gangster city" of Pakistan with shutdown every second week. Top bureaucrats would have loved risking gettinmg shot or kidnapped for ransom to and from the office.

That puffed puffter of London would not only hold Karachi hostage but the entire federal government of Pakistan.

Capital in Karachi? Thanks but no thanks.
And I can argue that Karachi would have prospered as a capital of Pakistan and nothing like what we see in today's Karachi would have happened in the first place had the capital was not moved.

We should focus on the Pakistan we have right now-

And I can argue that Karachi would have prospered as a capital of Pakistan and nothing like what we see in today's Karachi would have happened in the first place had the capital was not moved.
Man you stole my words again- nicely put again-

Saudi Arabia cant be called a full islamic country neither even so it has one of the lowest corruption rate in Asia and Saudi Arabia has a very very small crime rate similar to North Euro countries.

You havent studied history havent you? He brought Turkey independance but at a price; you can look them up. And please... the Ottoman empire was very religious and Islamic; the British introduced nationalism to the Muslim world and now what was one nation is now dozens.
I actually took two courses that went in depth to discuss Ottoman Empire from rise and fall. So that's my answer to the creditentials you're inquiring about.

Saudi Arabia has full Islamic laws and yet can't be called full Islamic country?

The west were happy to divide Turkey and allocate each region to winners of ww1. Why would they fight Turkey them and make them secular? If you let a country become secular, it's hard to rule it. Religion is best tool and was evident in pre 21st century.

Yes of course you can. Give me all the cake or else I will wreck everything .....

We should focus on the Pakistan we have right now-

Man you stole my words again- nicely put again-
So when the question arose for a new capital of Malaysia, they decided that Kuala Lumpur had historical value and it would not be good to move the capital. However, old KL was not a very well planned city with narrow roads, poorly placed neighborhoods, hence not suitable as a capital per se. They made a middle-of-the-road decision, that is, to build a new so-called capital in the outskirts of KL. All the embassies etc. remained in the old KL but government offices, PM house etc. moved to Putra Jaya, some 25km south of KL. In effect, KL is still the official capital of Malaysia but government offices, Perdana Putra (PM house and offices) moved to modernly planned Putra Jaya.

That is how living nations think and work not like how we do. Because Ayub did not like the weather of Karachi, he moved the entire damn capital to Islamabad and wasted tons of nation's money on an expenditure that was uncalled for. Even from the strategic point of view, Islamabad was not a good location for in an event of war, it wont take much effort for the enemy to attack Islamabad but who could tell all this to an autocratic, authoritarian, and 'self-proclaimed' Field Marshall saheb. Had Quid-e-Azam and/or Liaquat Ali had remained alive, this moron would have been retired for good for his record as a military officer was less than impeccable.

Last edited:
The liberals or the privileged I must say, are hell bent on serving white masters, with their fake wanna be accent and style, they will closely follow everything that Goras spews out ( even if its Puke) Remember that rainbow craze in facebook.

Then we have this extremist mindset Mullah, who actually think that, God has given them divine right to judge people and pass on their silly yet powerful judgements .

Both of these extremist mindsets have virtually destroyed the very fabric of society and its values which it stood for.

Masha'Allah this is a good post and one of the best. Totally agree with you on extremists on both ends of the spectrum.

Initially, there were extremist liberals in the 50s to 70s. Then there was backlash from the society and the people have gone to the other extreme. I define this extreme as those who call others ''kafir'' - thakfiri (khawarij) type; who kill those over minor infringements of sunnah for example, not having shalwar above you ankles.

Because of them, people have gone the other extreme and are saying blatant kuffar without knowing it. So, how do we find the balance?

So when the question arose for a new capital of Malaysia, they decided that Kuala Lumpur had historical value and it would not be good to move the capital. However, old KL was not a very well planned city with narrow roads, poorly placed neighborhoods, hence not suitable as a capital per se. They made a middle-of-the-road decision, that is, to build a new so-called capital in the outskirts of KL. All the embassies etc. remained in the old KL but government offices, PM house etc. moved to Putra Jaya, some 25km south of KL. In effect, KL is still the official capital of Malaysia but government offices, Perdana Putra (PM house and offices) moved to modernly planned Putra Jaya. That is how living nations thinks and work not like how we do. Because Ayub did not like the weather of Karachi, he moved the entire damn capital to Islamabad and wasted tons of nation's money on an expenditure that was uncalled for.

on top of all that- its so much near India strategically - or i must say unstrategicaly -

Saudi Arabia has full Islamic laws and yet can't be called full Islamic country?

I respectfully disagree. Without even going into the so called laws, it's a monachy. A system that is totally unislamic and NOT based in Sharia.

Speaking of PTV, anyone remember this opening theme from PTV back in the day it would start playing at 05:30:

It was composed by my paternal grand uncle Sajjad Sarwar Niazi
PTV's first live transmission November 24 1964 hosted by Tariq Aziz.

it is a nice tune, and so much better than the old tune of doordarshan, india's government tv channel...

(((
)))
I wouldn't say that's bad at all. It's Sarey Jahan sey acha "am I right"?

PTV's first live transmission November 24 1964 hosted by Tariq Aziz.

There is still an old analogue transmission mast "decommissioned" from swan pull to GT road heading from pindi to Lahore. When I was a child I would marvel at how tall it was.

Back
Top Bottom