What's new

THE PAKISTAN WE LOST SOMEWHERE BETWEEN OUR EGOS AND IMMORALITIES

Masha'Allah this is a good post and one of the best. Totally agree with you on extremists on both ends of the spectrum.

Initially, there were extremist liberals in the 50s to 70s. Then there was backlash from the society and the people have gone to the other extreme. I define this extreme as those who call others ''kafir'' - thakfiri (khawarij) type; who kill those over minor infringements of sunnah for example, not having shalwar above you ankles.

Because of them, people have gone the other extreme and are saying blatant kuffar without knowing it. So, how do we find the balance?
Hi,

The answer to your question is not straightforward as it would seem.

But in I will try my best to put it in few and clear words to avoid ambiguity.

Lack of Education in both Extreme mindset . ( Madrasas and schools)

By that I dont mean literate. you can see we have loads of Masters without a decent job in Pakistan, we have loads of Hafez-e Quran with dark and regrettable records.

We are quite literate in our schools and madrasah i.e we can read, and write, quite and parrot quite well. But have failed miserably in understanding the message that was conveyed to us.

We have severe identity crisis (all of sub-continent) In our school we are taught of western stories and in Madrassah we are taught on how to hate everything which is from west.

''Opposing west is Islam, and opposing Islam is progressive model'' is the idea that we are brought up with.

Both of which are equally wrong

ack of Education in both Extreme mindset . ( Madrasas and schools).
Bhai, you are right but in my humble opinion, it is more about 'training'. Masla taleem ka itna nahin, jitna tarbiat ka hey.

Our parents or their parents were not as much educated (taleem yafta), but they were well trained (tarbiat yafta) hence their society as a whole was far more tolerant and better.

You got to be kidding here. We can all thank Ayub Khan and his prescient ladership. Otherwise today we would have had the ignominy of having our capital in the "gangster city" of Pakistan with shutdown every second week. Top bureaucrats would have loved risking gettinmg shot or kidnapped for ransom to and from the office.

That puffed puffter of London would not only hold Karachi hostage but the entire federal government of Pakistan.

Capital in Karachi? Thanks but no thanks.
Look at the Track Record yourself what was Pakistan when Karachi was the Capital and what is Pakistan when Islamabad is a Capital.

Pakistan was becoming Asian Tiger till Early 1960s when Capital was located in Karachi but when it went to Islamabad we lost East Pakistan in 6 years and then rest of Governance started going to Decline. Compare it and check the Difference yourself.

If Karachi was still a Capital there wont be anything called MQM even Existed today and things like Nepotism, Corruption wouldnt be the way they are today because Bureaucracy was in Capable and Competent hands and that is why it delivered the results till Early 1960s unlike today it has been going into imminent Decline for quite some time and Army have to intervene Time to time to save it from getting Completely Collapse.

Junaid-Jamshed.jpg
It was before the advent of Jamati radicals. This is how once a handsome man and popular singer looks like today:
junaid-jamshed-muafi-naama-video1.jpg

It was before the advent of peaceful MQM :coffee:

It was before the 1965 debacle. Our economy was booming at par with today's Dubai back the. This economic boom was ended by Indo-Pak wars, thanks to Bhutto and Ayub. :hitwall:

It was before the advent of Saudi funded Wahhabi Islam in Pakistan.

This was before Zia's Islamization crap had taken its toll in Pakistani society.

It was taken when our cities weren't overcrowded with uncontrolled population. Blame overpopulation for this mess.

It was before Pakistanis invented things like 'milawat' in food products post Zia regime.

She looks scared among those Gullu Butts! :sarcastic:

Somethings never change. People are still driving these in Pakistan.

Zia destroyed Pakistan. His legacies must be destroyed as well starting with Noora-Kushti. :D

It was before our booming cinema industry was destroyed by Zia's Islamization policies.

Zia banned a few but very well known open kothas and replaced them with thousands of hidden kothas in every street of Pakistan.

It was built for Pakistani elites and foreign dignitaries.

He was always a 'Masoom' man, a saint. :pakistan:

This was the true Pakistani Islam, not the Saudi crap we practice today.

The early we go back in time Karachi was a better place .. what a fck up now
Blame that freak in your DP. He is responsible for the birth of MQM in Karachi and PMLN in Punjab. :lol:

Look at the Track Record yourself what was Pakistan when Karachi was the Capital and what is Pakistan when Islamabad is a Capital.

Pakistan was becoming Asian Tiger till Early 1960s when Capital was located in Karachi but when it went to Islamabad we lost East Pakistan in 6 years and then rest of Governance started going to Decline. Compare it and check the Difference yourself.

If Karachi was still a Capital there wont be anything called MQM even Existed today and things like Nepotism, Corruption wouldnt be the way they are today because Bureaucracy was in Capable and Competent hands and that is why it delivered the results till Early 1960s unlike today it has been going into imminent Decline for quite some time and Army have to intervene Time to time to save it from getting Completely Collapse.

So let me get this right. You and @Salman Zahidi are saying think that the crux of problem in Pakistan is the capital got shifted by that tyrant Ayub Khan from Karachi to Islamabad?

Amazing use of deductive logic ....

There was another thread on vintage pics from pakistan...pre 90s, rather before zia...it was indeed a vibrant nation.
The difference is quite stark......
All I can say is may you get better leaders and reciprocative awaam to turn the tide in your favour....so that your grandkids can look back and cherish the past

Sadly, this was the Pakistan we made and what is Pakistan now. Makes me sad.

Those good times, I hope I was born a bit early to see the class of Pakistan.

So let me get this right. You and @Salman Zahidi are saying think that the crux of problem in Pakistan is the capital got shifted by that tyrant Ayub Khan from Karachi to Islamabad?

Amazing use of deductive logic ....
Problems actually STARTED Emerging from there if not all then most of it then messed up further and further into something we are facing today. If you dont agree with me then everything is in front you to judge what was Pakistan when Karachi was a Capital and what Pakistan became after Islamabad became Capital.

As for Ayub Khan he might be good on few things but in the end he was turned out to be FOOL and ZA Bhutto Outclassed him in a historic occasion where Politician actually Overpowered a general in Pakistan.

Yepp, they are just angry because their beloved MQM could not hijack Pakistan's capital as they did with its economy.
1. MQM wouldnt have been existed on the first Place.

2. MQM already Controls Financial lifeline and Biggest city of Pakistan our capital is nothing more then a Town which doesnt even have much Indigenous contribution to a country.

3. Islamabad would be better off in MQM's hand then Mulana Abdul Aziz trying to impose Sharia sitting right inside Islamabad City.

1. MQM wouldnt have been existed on the first Place.
MQM exists because of all these Muhajirs. If they had moved to somewhere else such as Lahore, MQM would have existed over there.

2. MQM already Controls Financial lifeline and Biggest city of Pakistan our capital is nothing more then a Town which doesnt even have much Indigenous contribution to a country.
Islamabad is a Town? Are you really that stupid?

MQM exists because of all these Muhajirs. If they had moved to somewhere else such as Lahore, MQM would have existed over there.
Grievances is a key word here especially situation facing Karachi today that too started to deteriorate when it becomes Sindh Capital Administratively.

Islamabad is a Town? Are you really that stupid?
Compare to Karachi in both size and Contribution which MQM holds Firmly to the point of being Unchallenged.

Compare to Karachi in both size and Contribution which MQM holds Firmly to the point of being Unchallenged.
MQM is not a political party. Its a mafia group when its supporters use words like 'control', Karachiwale, Karachi hamara hai and so on.

MQM is not a political party. Its a mafia group when its supporters use words like 'control', Karachiwale, Karachi hamara hai and so on.
Its used more in a POLITICAL SENSE and not in an Administrative sense BTW.

Back
Top Bottom