What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

with the current economic condition of the country we simply cant induct any jet in the air force so we are forced to stick with the older jets and in order to keep them flying we need spares. the only new air craft that will be inducted in paf will be the jft block 3 and it will replace the f7s first and then the remaining mirages. our pockets cant afford a high tech expansive air craft. so this is our only option. may be we get some second hand falcons as well. we should be really thankful to our great leaders like nawaz and zardari who have brought us to the edge of default which indirectly has its effect on our armed forces. our pilots are forced to fly this 50 year old machine whose crash rate is increasing.

Getting the M2K would have been better, The Egyptians and then the French ones.

I had my interest as well but on other hand, will have to work as planned. Mirage-2000 cost V/s Mirage-Vs (this purchase). There are other circumstances in regard to our efforts/money in Block-III, maintaining the rest of Fleet including different platforms as compare to our economic condition.

I wished for Mirage-2000 but the same will remain personal in this situation whereby, broader aspects suggests as what PAF did as above. You are also well aware of situation. What if this plan verifies that Mirage role will be replaced with another Bird and till then, it is plausible to invest on Vs (cheap cost) because, PAF is not going for Mirage-2000. I can only assume the way decision has been made in favour of Egypt Mirage-Vs. We will be able to increase Rose Mirages numbers & more spare in store. No more non-Mirages is the possibility as well & that is indeed an upgrade of fleet without spending more.

I can't count on French anymore while on other hand, we don't have the luxury of unlimited resources. The plan seems to be keep the current fleet in best order for flying (by way of cheap cost purchase like this saving money) until, the new Bird take over the role.

Why aren't we replacing 5 decades old Mirages with planes like J-10 ??

Because Air force is saving money for the second 5th Gen fighter which is still under production called J-31. Pakistan shows strong interest back in 2016/17 unfortunately the platform is still UD that is the reason PAF went for these just for the balancing more like a spare purchase

I had my interest as well but on other hand, will have to work as planned. Mirage-2000 cost V/s Mirage-Vs (this purchase). There are other circumstances in regard to our efforts/money in Block-III, maintaining the rest of Fleet including different platforms as compare to our economic condition.

I wished for Mirage-2000 but the same will remain personal in this situation whereby, broader aspects suggests as what PAF did as above. You are also well aware of situation. What if this plan verifies that Mirage role will be replaced with another Bird and till then, it is plausible to invest on Vs (cheap cost) because, PAF is not going for Mirage-2000. I can only assume the way decision has been made in favour of Egypt Mirage-Vs. We will be able to increase Rose Mirages numbers & more spare in store. No more non-Mirages is the possibility as well & that is indeed an upgrade of fleet without spending more.

I can't count on French anymore while on other hand, we don't have the luxury of unlimited resources. The plan seems to be keep the current fleet in best order for flying (by way of cheap cost purchase like this saving money) until, the new Bird take over the role.
So we are buying about 75 in number?

Because Air force is saving money for the second 5th Gen fighter which is still under production called J-31. Pakistan shows strong interest back in 2016/17 unfortunately the platform is still UD that is the reason PAF went for these just for the balancing more like a spare purchase
Project AZM=J 31?

I thought they were going with Turkish 5th gen as second bird ??
Did they change their mind or I am I'll informed

So we are buying about 75 in number?

Project AZM=J 31?

Project AZM ≠J31

Back
Top Bottom