What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Heard about it first time in 2017 and now it’s 2019 ending not sure [emoji848] but lots of hoha and foobar
we are taking of EAF; they are not steady footed like the desert sands of sahara. They know PAF wants it and they will do whatever to renage and strech out for commissions.

I know the details but cannot share but foobar
I get the drift; been there with EA companies - we have one word for them 'skalem'. if you have an afrikaans person you know they will give you the meaning.

Bro dont worry we will get those Mirages. The Govt has been courting Sisi many times recently.I recon once we get them we will be able to salvage more than 90% of the air frames as we did in the past with the Australians,Lebanese,French,Libyan and others.

Use the Saudis to put pressure on Egypt. After all they are the one propping up the regime.

@The Eagle
so are they are delivering Mirages in knock down state? what about 23 x Horus Mirages they were flying operationally.. they can fly to Pakistan via Saudia?

by the way ..these Egyptian Mirages are Saudi property...they were purchased with Saudi money in 1970s and i remember first batch even had Saudi markings applied.

i found the picture
Dassault_Mirage_5_%28Saudi_Arabia%29.jpg

buy them buy as many as possible

Dassault Charge a fortune for spares for these older aircraft and many inside the PAF are still getting back hands from these types of spare parts deals

get used ones and avoid any buying of spares from Dassault

JF17 has basically eliminated the corruption within the establishment the parts come directly from PAC

@The Eagle
so are they are delivering Mirages in knock down state? what about 23 x Horus Mirages they were flying operationally.. they can fly to Pakistan via Saudia?

by the way ..these Egyptian Mirages are Saudi property...they were purchased with Saudi money in 1970s and i remember first batch even had Saudi markings applied.

i found the picture
Dassault_Mirage_5_%28Saudi_Arabia%29.jpg

They would have been Saudis property but I no longer see that. Now, these Mirages belongs to EAF as far as I know. Even if it was Saudi's money, that will like a loan however, KSA may have a say into deal, if comes to fruition because we don't know anything about it currently. Secondly, if these C-130s were carrying something related to EAF Mirages for PAF then most probably they are spares or cannibalized birds going to be used for spares. The operational ones can fly to Pakistan or be through Ship otherwise, the such number of ACs will take too long to be transferred through Air like this.

If EAF's Mirages are supposed to fly all the way to Pakistan; I am sure we will be seeing a lot of photos by enthusiasts or deliberate marketing to send a message. Depends upon fairy range & flight time.

All in all, I will repeat again that nothing is clear as of yet. What if in the end it may turn out like C-130s were here to pick medical supplies along with some trainers for EAF. Never to hold high hopes so in the end may not be disappointed. :-)

They would have been Saudis property but I no longer see that. Now, these Mirages belongs to EAF as far as I know. Even if it was Saudi's money, that will like a loan however, KSA may have a say into deal, if comes to fruition because we don't know anything about it currently. Secondly, if these C-130s were carrying something related to EAF Mirages for PAF then most probably they are spares or cannibalized birds going to be used for spares. The operational ones can fly to Pakistan or be through Ship otherwise, the such number of ACs will take too long to be transferred through Air like this.

If EAF's Mirages are supposed to fly all the way to Pakistan; I am sure we will be seeing a lot of photos by enthusiasts or deliberate marketing to send a message. Depends upon fairy range & flight time.

All in all, I will repeat again that nothing is clear as of yet. What if in the end it may turn out like C-130s were here to pick medical supplies along with some trainers for EAF. Never to hold high hopes so in the end may not be disappointed. :-)

some of my friend have very high hopes..5 of them (Hush Hush) already in Pakistan..

hat can i say...stop gap...and guess what they are not J-15s

Yes and the source was very credible. Alan Warnes wouldn't just say something like that without due confirmation.

We had a conversation and discussion is still active. You might wanna participate...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...batch-of-egyptian-air-force-mirage-vs.614217/

That's quite the thread! It seems like a portion is not happy about it and the other is fine with it and one thinks it's for spares only while some think some will augment current PAF Mirages lol. Good stuff. I can tell you that about 50 of those 80 or so Mirages in the EAF which are a mixture of the V SDE, V SDD and a couple other variants are very active and in very decent condition. Most of them train with the Hellenic Air Force instead of with the EAF Mirage 2000s which the Greeks have quite a few of. Instead, the EAF seems to prefer to use the Vs because they fly pretty well. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I can understand the feeling of negativity with regards to a deal like this because many PAF fans would much rather see something new and of the latest standard be sought out by the PAF instead of these older birds, no matter how well maintained and upgraded they've been. It's very understandable. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The Mirages have been doing very well in the PAF for many years, and so why not augment them for lesser of the cost of a new platform if that helps in any way? I think it's a good thing plus what it can do to improve relations between the two countries, I'm all for it.

Seeing how egypt maintain these..i am sure they are not flyable till refurbished by PAC

I think it's a good thing plus what it can do to improve relations between the two countries, I'm all for it.

Brother, we have fought along side you in 1973 over skies of Tanta, Mansoora, killed enemy as well. its just politics that takes us on different path...

That's quite the thread! It seems like a portion is not happy about it and the other is fine with it and one thinks it's for spares only while some think some will augment current PAF Mirages lol. Good stuff. I can tell you that about 50 of those 80 or so Mirages in the EAF which are a mixture of the V SDE, V SDD and a couple other variants are very active and in very decent condition. Most of them train with the Helenic Air Force instead of with the EAF Mirage 2000s which the Greeks have quite a few of. Instead, the EAF seems to prefer to use the Vs because they fly pretty well. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I can understand the feeling of negativity with regards to a deal like this because many PAF fans would much rather see something new and of the latest standard be sought out by the PAF instead of these older birds, no matter how well maintained and upgraded they've been. It's very understandable. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The Mirages have been doing very well in the PAF for many years, and so why not augment them for lesser of the cost of a new platform if that helps in any way? I think it's a good thing plus what it can do to improve relations between the two countries, I'm all for it.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the post so I had to move it here out of interest and also, to keep discussion in good flow.

I agree that the portion of us being fanboys can't be satisfied under the strategical & military planning or requirements. You are right on point but all of them aren't angry because these are mirages or had to do anything with Egypt (even though both subjects are part of discussion and related) but most of us wants something new & within latest gen capability and such wishes are due to the love for country and PAF, the way I see it. So, that's sometimes is normal. :lol:

No doubt Mirages did serve us very well and more often. Feb 27, 2019 Operation Swift Retort is recent example. One thing is clear and as you stated as well that if this purchase arrived in Pakistan, I am sure not all of them are for spares. Officials have made a good call seeing our requirements of spares and so the needed punch. The fleet will grow and so the spare inventory while the rest will be done by MRF where men in uniform are well experienced. Surely, this deal contains both, the flyable & for spares.

some of my friend have very high hopes..5 of them (Hush Hush) already in Pakistan..

having high hopes, isn't a bad thing Sir. All I meant to say is that Never keep yourself very specific unless, you are part of the the deal because anything could come out of situation in the end. 5 of them what?

hat can i say...stop gap...and guess what they are not J-15s

You mean something new but not the J-15? for stop gap which is not related to Mirage as well? I am asking because I didn't get you on Sir.

Seeing how egypt maintain these..i am sure they are not flyable till refurbished by PAC

Allow me to disagree Sir.... The purchase is mix of cannibalized & flyable. PAF has surely checked very well before finalization. EAF maintains pretty well those who wanted to fly.

Back
Top Bottom