What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

I don't care what anyone says but PAF Mirages are beauties. :wub:

By the way, is it true the Mirage IIIs are BVR ready to fire SD-10 (PL-12)?

Last edited:
Does anyone knows how much % of plane Mirage , we can manufacture in Pakistan
Since we had a full rebuild capability I was assuming we would be self sufficient 80-90%

What is the source 23-25? Why not all inventory which I think is more than that ? Unless this is worth picking up or what pac needs for reminder of fleet life
I think 36 r Horus and rest for spare parts. Horus according to@ Windjammer will replace existing planes including one new Sqdn. What I read they sound very good with radar and EW along Helmet mounted sight not bad

There are 23 hora and rest are for spares

Now it is up to paf to use these hora in service or used them as spares

Given that these birds have the RC400, did France "approve" their sale to Pakistan. If so, how does that stand with her relations with India and Rafale programme?

Given the mess with France training Pakistani Pilots for the Qatari airforce, it is in interesting!

When US sanctioned us i used to admire the French who filled in the deficiencies we encountered in that era. But now they are as bad as Uncle Sam. The thing i like about PAF policy makers is that they choose the best platforms(Mirages,F16) in the past which is paying us dividends.

I think 36 r Horus and rest for spare parts. Horus according to@ Windjammer will replace existing planes including one new Sqdn. What I read they sound very good with radar and EW along Helmet mounted sight not bad
whats interesting is what Air to air missles will we use with them?

What weapons package they will come with or carry in PAF?

If Pakistan is serious about Mirages might as well pick up some fleets from Europe as well
and just upgrade it with Home built Avionics package and rebuild factoring heroics

France operates a fleet of Older Mirage2000 , which may be a option considering France itself is moving to the Rafale platform

I am ok if PAF gets another 50 used machines and recovers 35-40 from that figure

Provided we can attain a Modern generation Radar / Weapons package for the bird constructed locally inside Pakistan , I don't have a problem with a rebuilt bird

I would like to see new systems
This minor upgrade can be done locally

a) Computer
b) Brand new Weapons package
c) Digital Dash board
d) Modern Situational Awareness Display

pafmirageiii906.jpg

All acquired bird will be remade

Re-certified

Retested

Fitted with brand new parts

Last edited:
If Pakistan is serious about Mirages might as well pick up some fleets from Europe as well
and just upgrade it with Home built Avionics package and rebuild factoring heroics

France operates a fleet of Older Mirage2000 , which may be a option considering France itself is moving to the Rafale platform

I am ok if PAF gets another 50 used machines and recovers 35-40 from that figure

Provided we can attain a Modern generation Radar / Weapons package for the bird constructed locally inside Pakistan , I don't have a problem with a rebuilt bird

I would like to see new systems
This minor upgrade can be done locally

a) Computer
b) Brand new Weapons package
c) Digital Dash board
d) Modern Situational Awareness Display

pafmirageiii906.jpg

All acquired bird will be remade

Re-certified

Retested

Fitted with brand new parts
hello mirage2000 and mirage5 have nothing in common