What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Right now stuff and jet .. Egyptians are purchasing... JFT price tsg will be candy for them.

But on serious note. Apparently Thanders position seems very strange with Egyptians air force because jet fighter they have and going to induct.

So only place Thanders can create is to increase numbers or brave as advance trainer

Agree, totally
Remember they still have a huge inventory of lower tier jets that need to be replaced.

Remember they still have a huge inventory of lower tier jets that need to be replaced.
Means to fill out number of lower end jet by replacing them ..

Thanders cost we be peanuts for them the way they are purchasing higerend expensive stuff .. like window shoping

Means to fill out number of lower end jet by replacing them ..

Thanders cost we be peanuts for them the way they are purchasing higerend expensive stuff .. like window shoping
Let us see but it all depends on what is the strategic goal post in the end. When they took on the K-8; was anything added to PAC? I dont know - if I recall they were assembling them with as knock down kits

Let us see but it all depends on what is the strategic goal post in the end. When they took on the K-8; was anything added to PAC? I dont know - if I recall they were assembling them with as knock down kits
Thander case PAC has 52 % share

Per hisotry book pac had some component 18% only achieved against 25% target due to paf taking forever to order all 75ish or so but did not had a contract to supply to Chinese k8 nor foreign orders only paf orders unless things changed since last official history
Pac did get their share profit from all orders but work share agreement was not part of contract which was a lesson learned and addressed in later contact for work share for jf-17 now jf-17 exclusive rights to 52% and can go to 100% per contract after 150 jf provided its cost effective

Possibly india

I have heard the same, even for UAE and Qatar. India (IAF) has adopted the Mirage-2000s for Strike roles really well.
PAF will not got Mirage 2000 as they are entirely different jet then Mirage 3 and 5.
They why to invest in entirely different and old framework.

Second PAF knows very well France will not support due to Rafale deal with India

I think PAF is keen in replacing their Mirages with something new from China. Mirages are strike platforms and PAF might get some strike aircraft like Chinese new Bombers to replace them.

250+ JF-17
100+ F-16s
50-100+ European Fighter might be the near future fleet.

I have heard the same, even for UAE and Qatar. India (IAF) has adopted the Mirage-2000s for Strike roles really well.

I think PAF is keen in replacing their Mirages with something new from China. Mirages are strike platforms and PAF might get some strike aircraft like Chinese new Bombers to replace them.

250+ JF-17
100+ F-16s
50-100+ European Fighter might be the near future fleet.
Realistically, We can have 250 or more jf17s, but acquiring more new or refurbished F16s is mere wishful thinking. As far as Europe goes, we don't have the funds, nor the diplomatic clout to procure the eurofighter easily.

Realistically, We can have 250 or more jf17s, but acquiring more new or refurbished F16s is mere wishful thinking. As far as Europe goes, we don't have the funds, nor the diplomatic clout to procure the eurofighter easily.
But PAF still interested in F-16s.

Back
Top Bottom