What's new

The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the fact that Bharat name was coined after our first ever emperor emperor Bharata; the son of king Dushyanta and queen Shakuntala and ruled entire South and Southeast Asia.

Southeast? Surprised? Here's a hint; the holy city of Ayodhya is not just there in India today; Thailand also has Ayodhya as its ancient capital called 'Ayutthaya' in Thai

I don't think Southeast -Asia part is true.

Hinduism/Indian culture flowed into regions like Thailand after Chola invasions in medieval times.

Rajendra_map_new.png

I don't think Southeast -Asia part is true.

Hinduism/Indian culture flowed into regions like Thailand after Chola invasions in medieval times.

Rajendra_map_new.png
It is true upto Indonesia my friend. Vietnam was the only independent kingdom then. Laos has some of the finest temples built by our kings, Thailand, Burma, Cambodia and even Indonesia. If you notice, a lot of Indonesian names are still Hindu/Buddhist by origin.

I have been to southeast and though not many people liked our present government (in late 90s that is), they have immense respect for our founding principles and still have some of the finest temples of Dharmic origin. :)

doesnt matter where the zero was invented..even the arabs claim the credit..after all we are having a zero objective argument over zero..absolutely awful!

not even worth debating. the whole world knows what the truth is. and i don't care what bunch of Pakistanis think and i am sure neither do the world. :tdown:

people who claim that Pakistan ever had ancient history makes them totally idiot and uneducated.

After comparing status (economic, security, social) of both the nations (Indian & Pakistan), I strongly believe ZERO must have been invented in ancient Pakistan. Period.

not even worth debating. the whole world knows what the truth is. and i don't care what bunch of Pakistanis think and i am sure neither do the world. :tdown:

people who claim that Pakistan ever had ancient history makes them totally idiot and uneducated.

If its not worth debating then don't post.

The whole world knows that the Indus Valley is the land called Pakistan and Pakistanis recognise all of their history. Indian opinion is simply irrelevant. There is absolutely nothing you can do about that. Its rather laughable that Indians try and dictate what portions of Pakistani history "belongs to them" or what Pakistan "can claim".

But fortunately such narrow minded views don't fly because the Indus Valley is the home of Pakistanis and always has been. Indians have no say in what happens there. :rolleyes:

Indus valley may have started in current day Pakistan but the civilization and the Aryan one that followed it is essentially present all over the subcontinent. It is as much India's as it is Pakistan's.

On the question of ancient civilizations, I'd like to see what the Pakistani members think about the Hindu kingdoms that followed the IVC. Is the same amount of pride taken in them? Or is it that most Hindu kings in the pre-Islamic period are completely neglected or vilified? Like the supposedly evil Hindu Raja of Sindh who harassed woman and as a result was invaded (quite a conveniently) by bin-Qasim.

If its not worth debating then don't post.

The whole world knows that the Indus Valley is the land called Pakistan and Pakistanis recognise all of their history. Indian opinion is simply irrelevant. There is absolutely nothing you can do about that. Its rather laughable that Indians try and dictate what portions of Pakistani history "belongs to them" or what Pakistan "can claim".

But fortunately such narrow minded views don't fly because the Indus Valley is the home of Pakistanis and always has been. Indians have no say in what happens there. :rolleyes:

Prove it to the world and convince them , i say. rather than making stupid claims on online. because world knows history of Pakistan more than what Pakistanis know themselves.

"The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan"

what a stupid title. the entire world knows who invented zero. anyways, keep it up. the world will move on and while you guys will STILL be struggling in history class.

Prove it to the world and convince them , i say. rather than making stupid claims on online. because world knows history of Pakistan more than what Pakistanis know themselves.

There is nothing to prove. The place is our home and always has been. If this thread is any indication, we Pakistanis are well aware of our history and Indian members argue 10 different contradicting version of events.

Burden of proof is on people who invent silly mass migration / vanishing rivers / ancient globalism theories.

"The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan"

what a stupid title. the entire world knows who invented zero. anyways, keep it up. the world will move on and while you guys will STILL be struggling in history class.

Gandhara. Look it up, its not in India.

It is not about what region invented zero.... but who did. And we all know that it was Aryabhata. He belonged to āśmaka country which is located in present India.

The only information comes from Bhāskara I, who describes Aryabhata as āśmakīya, "one belonging to the aśmaka country." It is widely attested that, during the Buddha's time, a branch of the Aśmaka people settled in the region between the Narmada and Godavari rivers in central India, today the South Gujarat–North Maharashtra region. Aryabhata is believed to have been born there. However, early Buddhist texts describe Ashmaka as being further south, in dakshinapath or the Deccan, while other texts describe the Ashmakas as having fought Alexander, which would put them further north.

It is not about what region invented zero.... but who did. And we all know that it was Aryabhata. He belonged to āśmaka country which is located in present India.

you took words right out of my mouth.

There is nothing to prove. The place is our home and always has been. If this thread is any indication, we Pakistanis are well aware of our history and Indian members argue 10 different contradicting version of events.

your home before mugals came into Indian subcontinent was somewhere in middle east. and as u guys grow in size. more and more nations were invaded!!

and it's not just the Indian, it's the entire world who disagree with you on that.

Last edited:

Burden of proof is on people who invent silly mass migration / vanishing rivers / ancient globalism theories.

Gandhara. Look it up, its not in India.

the concept of shunya (zero) has been explained in bhagwad geetha and shrimadbhagwat (a religious text). where lord krishna says "i am both shunya and infinity".

i believe that concept of shunya existed much before the dates mentioned in this forum. the exact place in the indus valley civilization where it was invented is not known, but wat is known is that there was nothing called as pakistan state at that time. it was all india.

the concept of shunya (zero) has been explained in bhagwad geetha and shrimadbhagwat (a religious text). where lord krishna says "i am both shunya and infinity".

i believe that concept of shunya existed much before the dates mentioned in this forum. the exact place in the indus valley civilization where it was invented is not known, but wat is known is that there was nothing called as pakistan state at that time. it was all india.

don't give lecture on bhagwad geetha and shrimadbhagwat. these were written long time ago. :)

forget him, i don't even know what those books says exactly.

let's just follow simple plain facts so it would be easy for others to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom