What's new

The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
History of Calcutta belongs to Calcuttans
History of Bengal belongs to Bengalis
History of India belongs to Indians
History of the subcontinent...belongs to Indians.

See what happened there? Of course there is shared history but Indians have a problem with Pakistanis labelling their own history and insist it should all be labelled Indian and absolutely nothing else. And all you have to show for it is some colonial era paperwork or what some Greeks maybe thought.

You seem like a reasonable Pakistani, so please answer my previous post regarding Rafi's claims:

Why is it that Pakistan names its missiles after Turkic and Central Asian invaders? Do you claim to be them as well? Do you claim the Mughals, even though it was based on the Ganges in 'Bharat'? Why not name your missiles after the ancient Hindu rulers in the Punjab and Sindh regions? They were your ancestors weren't they?

btw, I think Pakistanis have an equal right to be proud of the IVC, Mauryans, Guptas, etc. as Indians do, because Pakistan was always part of Dharmic civilization. To say that an Indian living in, say, Uttar Pradesh cannot be proud of the IVC is akin to saying a Greek from Thessalonica cannot be proud of the Greek stand at Thermoplyae, since Thessalonica and Macedon fell to the Persians while the Spartans, Athenians, and their allies fought on. But those Thessalonican Greeks can be proud of the Greek stand, because they shared much of the same civilizational and cultural values, even though they were not politically unified at the time. The same applies to ancient India, Hindustan, Bharat, Aryavarta, or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
So far, arguments on this thread (please look at the title) have themselves added up to ZERO! :lol:

But, isn't it also true for all India Vs Pakistan threads :lol:

Okay, I have an idea.

Sindhi history is Sindhi, not Pakistani
[pre-pakistan]Punjabi history is punjabi, not Pakistani
Pukhtoon history is pukhtoon, not Pakistani
Balochi history is balochi, not Pakistani

etc,etc

Indians happy now?

Okay, I have an idea.

Sindhi history is Sindhi, not Pakistani
[pre-pakistan]Punjabi history is punjabi, not Pakistani
Pukhtoon history is pukhtoon, not Pakistani
Balochi history is balochi, not Pakistani

etc,etc

Indians happy now?

That would make a lot more sense than creating imaginary titles like 'Ancient Pakistan'.

The future will be determined by the hard work of TODAY, not any notions or perceptions.

"History is merely the winner's version of events."

Unfortunately people do many things because of misguided notions. Even blow themselves up or make demands for separate countries.

You seem like a reasonable Pakistani, so please answer my previous post regarding Rafi's claims:

Why does the naming of a missile dictate our history? Most Pakistanis didnt have say in that matter, but those invaders are a part of our history just as much as the Hindu and Buddhist ancestors.
There was going to be a Gandhara airport (before it was renamed Shaheed Benzir Bhutto airport), but if names are important that should prove that Pakistanis have not disowned their history and are well aware of it.

Yes we consider the Mughal Empire as part of our history because it reflects our culture today AND our lands were part of the Mughal empire. But we dont consider the Muslim south Indian kingdoms as part of Pakistani history, despite similar culture and same religion, it belongs to South Indians / Indian Muslims.

I hope you realise that Gandhara (where 0 was invented and Sanskrit was defined) was a proto Pashtun civilisation with its center near Peshawar and Taxila. I am sure you have an elaborate mass migration theory here as well, so I wont bother.

Firstly, you are fabricating your own facts. Where did you pull this "proto Pashtun" nonsense from. Pashto belongs in a separate category from the Prakrit languages, which are the direct descendants of Sanskrit. Punjabi is much closer to Marathi than it is to Pashto.

And why don't you accept the words of your leader Jinnah who was very clear that the pre-Islamic civilization was separate from and conflicting with his own "civilization".

Last edited:
History of Calcutta belongs to Calcuttans
History of Bengal belongs to Bengalis
History of India belongs to Indians
History of the subcontinent...belongs to Indians.

See what happened there? Of course there is shared history but Indians have a problem with Pakistanis labelling their own history and insist it should all be labelled Indian and absolutely nothing else. And all you have to show for it is some colonial era paperwork or what some Greeks maybe thought.

A twist there.

History of Republic of India belongs to Indians.
History of subcontinent belongs to Indians and Pakistanis alike. But most Pakistanis don't claim them or end up attributing those to foreign races.

Same amount of migration as anywhere else in the world. But of course there is a difference or there wouldn't be different languages all over the subcontinent.

All north-indic languages are sister languages originated from a common source. Pashtu and Kashmiri aren't north-indic. Having different languages only imply having different localized culture.

I hope you realise that Gandhara (where 0 was invented and Sanskrit was defined) was a proto Pashtun civilisation with its center near Peshawar and Taxila. I am sure you have an elaborate mass migration theory here as well, so I wont bother.

Yes I have one, of which I was informed by a Pashtun think-tank here. Don't remember the name.

There's no prove ancient Gandhar being proto-Pashtun. Actually there's no historical citation of Pashtuns before last millennia.

Last but not the least, Pashtu as an language has no Sanskrit heritage.
The whole concept of Iranic and Indic is flawed. Nothing is this black and white. There are large ethnic groups in north Pakistan which are culturally and racially a mixture between Punjabis and Pashtuns.
Indians seem to think of the Indus river as a border between "them" and "others", while we think of Indus as the center of our civilisations.

Such a mixture of-course possible considering their close proximity. But my shallow knowledge on Pashtuns says they as a society, their language, way of living and everything else are totally distinct from Punjabis or any other indic groups. Same is not the case in any other two or more indic groups living in close proximity. There's a border, more prominent in nature than the one Republic India of India and Islamic Republic of Pakistan has between them.

*notice the use of word indic which is not same as India.

Last edited:
But, isn't it also true for all India Vs Pakistan threads :lol:

And yet we sadly persist in displaying our displaying our fondness for futility by continuing the trend.

Unfortunately people do many things because of misguided notions. Even blow themselves up or make demands for separate countries.

Or have premature delusions of grandeur? :lol:

That would make a lot more sense than creating imaginary titles like 'Ancient Pakistan'.

Unless you can prove that the Mauryans and Ashoka called themselves "Indians", that argument is not going to hold. The names represent the land and the people because no nation existed back then.
Besides, Pakistan is also an abbreviation for Punjab, Sindh, Kashmir if that makes more sense to you.

If you dont like the thread, dont post. Getting tired of the terrorism references.

Why does the naming of a missile dictate our history? Most Pakistanis didnt have say in that matter, but those invaders are a part of our history just as much as the Hindu and Buddhist ancestors.

When a country names their most valuable defence assets after something, it is usually of praise. Why did the Pakistani Army choose to name their most valuable assets after foreigners? What other country in the world does that?

Yes we consider the Mughal Empire as part of our history because it reflects our culture today AND our lands were part of the Mughal empire.

But the Mughal rulers originated from central Asia, hence their name. Do you claim descent from Central Asians? Or the original inhabitants of the Indus valley?

But we dont consider the Muslim south Indian kingdoms as part of Pakistani history, despite similar culture and same religion, it belongs to South Indians / Indian Muslims.

Really? Then why did the Pakistani Navy name their vessel after Tipu Sultan, who, as you say, has nothing to do with Pakistan! :rofl:

Unless you can prove that the Mauryans and Ashoka called themselves "Indians", that argument is not going to hold. The names represent the land and the people because no nation existed back then.

"India" is only a Western name for this land. The native names are Bharata ('descended from Bharat') and Aryavarta ('land of Aryans').

I believe Chanakya called the Mauryan Empire Aryavarta in his book Arthashastra.

Besides, Pakistan is also an abbreviation for Punjab, Sindh, Kashmir if that makes more sense to you.

Yes, I am aware of Pakistan's etymology.

UnitedPak said:

What a ridiculous argument !

let me give you an analogy: do you know that the word 'China; is not actually used by the 'Chinese' ?They use the term 'Middle Kingdom' (in Mandarin). Check the origin of the term
one of the theories suggest that 'China' actually derived from sanskrit !

India is a latin name used by the Greeks/Romans/Meintioned in the Bible/Used by Colombus. The people of this land called it as "Bharat" (as meintioned in the Mahabharat)

(Btw it was in Mauryan times that Megasthenes used the term 'Indika')

as meintioned in the Mahabharat)

Not to mention the fact that Bharat name was coined after our first ever emperor emperor Bharata; the son of king Dushyanta and queen Shakuntala and ruled entire South and Southeast Asia.

Southeast? Surprised? Here's a hint; the holy city of Ayodhya is not just there in India today; Thailand also has Ayodhya as its ancient capital called 'Ayutthaya' in Thai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom