What's new

The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the indian members here who are insecure about their identity, Pakistanis know who they are :-
2808601240_61b6bf09b7_o.jpg

Just putting a paint somewhere doesn't make you the sole legacy of the Indus civilization

Gorgeous isn't it. Won a prize in the UK as well, no one batted a eyelid, because they know the civilisation is ours. :smitten:

Other authors who has won awards and are settled now britain should also be greeted with the " :smitten: " smiley. :lol:

It is the indian members here who are insecure about their identity, Pakistanis know who they are

Why is it that Pakistan names its missiles after Turkic and Central Asian invaders? Do you claim to be them as well? Do you claim the Mughals, even though it was based on the Ganges in 'Bharat'? Why not name your missiles after the ancient Hindu rulers in the Punjab and Sindh regions? They were your ancestors weren't they?

Or maybe you are too secure for that.

Just putting a paint somewhere doesn't make you the sole legacy of the Indus civilization

Dude at that time Indus originated there and flowed through there only.. it was shifted to far places in recent years..

so the whole settlements along the river including that of India is "illegal territory".

Actually I'm more complacent of them calling Indus civilization an 'ancient Pakistani' one than calling it Persian or Semitic.

Why such heartache :azn: I'm sure that the Ganges based bharat civilisation, has also some great achievements - which you can rightly claim, and which no Pakistani (inheritors of the IVC and all other cultures based in our country) will have a claim on.

We do not claim bharati civilisation, and you cannot claim the Indus Civilisation. :cheers:

The Indus Saga and the Making of Pakistan: Amazon.co.uk: Aitzaz Ahsan: Books

Drawing on primary sources, especially literature, this work endeavours to establish the separateness of Indus from India. Discarding accepted myths of Indian history, it presents a history of the political culture of the Indus region (now Pakistan) from ancient times to the modern age. It is aimed at historians and scholars as well as general readers interested in the history of the subcontinent.

With the same enthusiasm please provide link to a book printed before 1930s with the word ancient Pakistan.

I'm waiting..

How does that anyone of you think of that..
Aryabhatta.jpg

^^Look at him(picture drawn according to ancient descriptions) ,how does he is related to your culture?

ramdev_248.jpg

Last edited:
All Pakistanis care about is when the "ideology" of Pakistan was formed. And then taking pride in scientific achievements of Arabs and the conquest of the Ottoman kingdom. Why this sudden interest in the pagan past? What worries me is as the interest grows, there might be some talibans take notice of it . wanting to purify the land , they'll go around chopping off heads of figurines branding them unislamic. So its better to keep your new found interest a secret.

Gorgeous isn't it. Won a prize in the UK as well, no one batted a eyelid, because they know the civilisation is ours. :smitten:

Do you know that name “Hindus” was itself derived from the river Indus? Do you know that Vedas that are sacred texts of Hindus were written on the banks of river Indus? Do you know that language spoken in the times of Indus civilization was Dravidian?

Rhetoric does not change facts

Indian members in this thread are not even arguing the same thing and in most cases contradicting each other, but there seems to be some mutual pact that they ignore each other and flood the thread with pointless replies:

So far we have had views such as:

Pakistanis dont have ancestors because 1947
Pakistani history starts from MbQ because they disowned non Islamic history
All subcontinent history is shared because Alexander once used the term India
There are no ethnic groups because we are all Indics.
Something about terrorism and 9/11
Pakistanis are Arab/Persian/Turkic invaders
All Indus Valley people moved to modern India...every single one.
India has always existed and is a standard unit of measurement for no particular reason.

etc.

Do you guys see why you are accused of being insecure, emotional and confused about this topic? The fact that you ignore such contradicting garbage from your own members but drown Pakistanis with insults speaks volumes.

This is a parochial way of seeing the history. If we narrow it down more, then only the history of Bengal belongs to me. Let's narrow it even more, the History of West Bengal, or the History of Calcutta. So where does it end? The history of my blood-line? :s

History of Calcutta belongs to Calcuttans
History of Bengal belongs to Bengalis
History of India belongs to Indians
History of the subcontinent...belongs to Indians.

See what happened there? Of course there is shared history but Indians have a problem with Pakistanis labelling their own history and insist it should all be labelled Indian and absolutely nothing else. And all you have to show for it is some colonial era paperwork or what some Greeks maybe thought.
The ancestors of Pakistanis they could be, but that doesn't make it any less ancestor of us. Unless you can prove it scientifically Pakistanis are genetically different than Indians and there's been no migration whatsoever between modern day Pakistan and modern day India, since ancient time.
Same amount of migration as anywhere else in the world. But of course there is a difference or there wouldn't be different languages all over the subcontinent.

They are linguistic groups, not ethnic groups. There's no ethnically different Pakistani exists except Pashtuns. And Pashtun history is not that of India's(India doesn't refer to Republic of India here!) and vice versa.

I hope you realise that Gandhara (where 0 was invented and Sanskrit was defined) was a proto Pashtun civilisation with its center near Peshawar and Taxila. I am sure you have an elaborate mass migration theory here as well, so I wont bother.

The whole concept of Iranic and Indic is flawed. Nothing is this black and white. There are large ethnic groups in north Pakistan which are culturally and racially a mixture between Punjabis and Pashtuns.
Indians seem to think of the Indus river as a border between "them" and "others", while we think of Indus as the center of our civilisations.

So far, arguments on this thread (please look at the title) have themselves added up to ZERO! :lol:

^^ I still don't get how Brahma Gupta became a Pakistani? From what I can see is he is a devout Hindu and died as one. If he knew there would be a Pakistan, he would have moved to India and would have been called an Indian.

After all, Pakistan was formed on an ideology that Muslims and Hindus have a separate culture and cannot live together. Even today, they seem to be happy to get away from Hindu Baniyas (their words). Yet they have no shame in claiming the same Baniyans history as their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom