What's new

The Muslim World | Medusa's Wreck!

your example still not support the idea for anyone to go work in Yemeni "microsoft"

Quit living in made up world of Islamists.

It hasn't worked for the last 400 years.

Thank you

Like I said before in earlier post, equal or better. One obviously cant seek help in development from someone in worse situation. You probably you overlooked it since you are in some hurry to score brownie points with that flawed logic now broken down to its basic ingredients in-front of you yet the response you give is repeating what you said in post 1.

Like I said before in earlier post, equal or better. One obviously cant seek help in development from someone in worse situation. You probably you overlooked it since you are in some hurry to score brownie points with that flawed logic now broken down to its basic ingredients in-front of you yet the response you give is repeat what you said in post 1.

Ok bro/behn

you win.

Now go join the Iranian microsoft.

Best regards

------------
Islam itself provides secularism. Holy Quran says, "Let there be no compulsion in religion".
There is monarchy in KSA which is just opposite to caliphate. Another giant problem is sects such as sunnism and shiasm. Even if Quran states, "Dont divide into sects, otherwise you would be weaken", Muslims divide into sects out of ignorance. As a result we have multi-polar muslim world where each sect consider other sectarian people as Infidel.
Quran says that ALLAH will let sectarian people taste the violence of each other as a punishment.
Naturally, sectarian people are extremist and hateful. They have nothing to do with ISLAM.

If Muslims start following Islam, all of the problems would get resolve itself.
For the highlighted, do you realize how useless that statement really is ?

Never mind Islam, but take religions in general. If we change your statement to say: 'If <so-and-so> start following <religion>, all of the problems would get resolve itself.' Does that really clarify anything, especially the origins of all the internal religious conflicts in history ? Not even Buddhism is immune from internal conflicts, perhaps not as bloody as those from Christianity or Islam. Your statement implied that YOU know what is 'true Islam' while the other Muslims do not. But then that would make you a contributor, no matter how little, to the current internal conflicts that is plaguing Islam today.

IKEA furniture have assembly instructions that are more clear than what religions have for their believers.

For the highlighted, do you realize how useless that statement really is ?

Never mind Islam, but take religions in general. If we change your statement to say: 'If <so-and-so> start following <religion>, all of the problems would get resolve itself.' Does that really clarify anything, especially the origins of all the internal religious conflicts in history ? Not even Buddhism is immune from internal conflicts, perhaps not as bloody as those from Christianity or Islam. Your statement implied that YOU know what is 'true Islam' while the other Muslims do not. But then that would make you a contributor, no matter how little, to the current internal conflicts that is plaguing Islam today.

IKEA furniture have assembly instructions that are more clear than what religions have for their believers.

Good argument.

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears and slippery beards. hahahah

Thanks, I am working at Cisco in U.S. Pretty happy with where I am at the moment.

Regards.

One should do what you DO

NOT what you SAY.

Muslims laid the foundations of global spread of science, culture, arts, technology for the first time in human history..Thats why Islam is often called as 'The First Global Civilization' of human history. (Google the words "First global civilization" and see what comes up ;) ) Before that, civilizations remained regional. Muslims brought knowledge of Mathematics, Science, technology, culture, Arts from India..and passed it on to Europe. They brought gun power from China and innovated it in their weapons..Got Western works, translated them, and caused them to spread in Europe...Islamdom remained the center of known world for centuries..Islamic Civilization had massive physical and cultural presence on every single continent of the known world..a feat NO other civilization was able to achieve prior to rise of Islam...All of this activity and global expansion laid the foundations of global spread of arts, science, technology, culture, and innovation...West took it to new level after industrialization in 18th century...

I must admit I don't know enough about the so-called "Islamic Golden Age" but I sometimes wonder to what extent it can be considered "Islamic"...

what does "Islamic" mean in this case.

does it mean that they happened to be part of a civilization that happened to have a Muslim majority or

does it mean that the the religion of Islam itself is to be credited for the contributions to science and philosophy that were made during the period.

I'm more willing to believe the former.

Many of the polymaths, scientists, and thinkers from the so-called Islamic Golden Age were agnostic, and many of the ones who were Muslims would be viewed as apostates today because they believed in Sufi concepts like Kalam which the the "mainstream" muslim imams like Hanifa rejected, or they belonged to the Mutazaili school of thought which rejects the infallibility of the Quran.

Some of the names that come to mind are....Ibn Rushd (Averroes), Ibn Sina (Avicenna), al Rundi, al-Kindi, ibn Bajjah (Avemspace), al-Razi, Abu Nuwas, al-Jahiz, al-Hallaj, al-Khwarizmi, al-Farabi, Jabr Ibn Hayyan, and there are many others.

Even if they were Muslims nominally, they were not afraid of doubt and actually sought to improve on science based on the scientific method rather than the BS that Muslims today believe in like "scientific miracles of the Quran" and creationism which is spouted by the likes of non-scientists Harun Yahya and Zakir Naik in order to prove that Islam is the true religion.

or worse when illiterate people in Muslim countries call it a miracle when they find an animal saying "allah" or find "allah" written on a goat or inside an apple and call it holy.

watch this after 4:20

In any case, the Islamic Golden Age is a thing of the past, and the reason why it succeeded was because during this time Muslims were considered progressive compared to the rest of the world, whereas today many Muslims are brainwashed into believing that a backwards, barbaric, 1000 year old political and legal system will bring them glory.

The only way Muslims can unite today is if they embrace secularism...otherwise the "Muslim world" is doomed to many more centuries of sectarian violence.

Last edited:
I must admit I don't know enough about the so-called "Islamic Golden Age" but I sometimes wonder to what extent it can be considered "Islamic"...

To a bigot history is irrelevant because he is guided by his hatred which he claims as facts. Learn about the history of the Muslim Spain and its universities and then talk.

The only way Muslims can unite today is if they embrace secularism...otherwise the "Muslim world" is doomed to many more centuries of sectarian violence.

And embracing Islam would be the best thing for spreading Christianity. Shut up and mind your own religion if you have one! Muslims don't need any advice as to how they should practice Islam from those who reject Islam.

what does "Islamic" mean in this case.

does it mean that they happened to be part of a civilization that happened to have a Muslim majority or

does it mean that the the religion of Islam itself is to be credited for the contributions to science and philosophy that were made during the period.

I'm more willing to believe the former.

Many of the polymaths, scientists, and thinkers from the so-called Islamic Golden Age were agnostic, and many of the ones who were Muslims would be viewed as apostates today because they believed in Sufi concepts like Kalam which the the "mainstream" muslim imams like Hanifa rejected, or they belonged to the Mutazaili school of thought which rejects the infallibility of the Quran.

Some of the names that come to mind are....Ibn Rushd (Averroes), Ibn Sina (Avicenna), al Rundi, al-Kindi, ibn Bajjah (Avemspace), al-Razi, Abu Nuwas, al-Jahiz, al-Hallaj, al-Khwarizmi, al-Farabi, Jabr Ibn Hayyan, and there are many others.

Even if they were Muslims nominally, they were not afraid of doubt and actually sought to improve on science based on the scientific method rather than the BS that Muslims today believe in like "scientific miracles of the Quran" and creationism which is spouted by the likes of non-scientists Harun Yahya and Zakir Naik in order to prove that Islam is the true religion.

or worse when illiterate people in Muslim countries call it a miracle when they find an animal saying "allah" or find "allah" written on a goat or inside an apple and call it holy.

watch this after 4:20

In any case, the Islamic Golden Age is a thing of the past, and the reason why it succeeded was because during this time Muslims were considered progressive compared to the rest of the world, whereas today many Muslims are brainwashed into believing that a backwards, barbaric, 1000 year old political and legal system will bring them glory.

Well said.

Well said bro.

Most of the "Islamic scholars" were far far away geographically from Makkah Madina (aka current day KSA).

Religion (any religion) cannot and will not allow scientific discovery.

this is why modern day KSA has been a black hole for science and arts for the last 1000s of years.

Peace

We are almost 2 Billion people from 57 countries and 100s of languages, no 'conference' by a western paid cheerleader can sum up the diversity of our world
4: We will govern ourselves by our laws, by our way of life for our people.
Then you are 57 different countries with 57 different national identities, just practicing one religion, if we start presenting religion as an integrating aspect for geo-politics, then there will be a christian world and a buddhist world and so on and so forth. Going forward, independent nations should start serving it's subjects irrespective of the religion. That will be growth. All this religion based identity is bane, and one of the main causes of backwardness of developing countries.

Then you are 57 different countries with 57 different national identities, just practicing one religion, if we start presenting religion as an integrating aspect for geo-politics, then there will be a christian world and a buddhist world and so on and so forth. Going forward, independent nations should start serving it's subjects irrespective of the religion. That will be growth. All this religion based identity is bane, and one of the main causes of backwardness of developing countries.
Religion is used as a political tool by our politicians .. Yesterday in another thread I gave an example about maulana Shirani from JUi (Baluchistan) .. During the previous elections his supporters were telling ppl tht his electoral sign thingy (book) was the Holy Quran and tht it was every Muslims duty to make sure he wins......Sad state of affairs ..

Last edited:
After what's presently happening in the name of religion - I thought people would advocate a little lesser religion to come back from the precipice, but what we get is people coming up with the idea of more and more religion. In fact advocating coming together and creating more religion and a religious army to boot.

I would much rather that the Muslims come together and give confidence to the non Muslim world - because the non muslim world isn't really liking what they are seeing happening in the name of religion.

After what's presently happening in the name of religion - I thought people would advocate a little lesser religion to come back from the precipice, but what we get is people coming up with the idea of more and more religion. In fact advocating coming together and creating more religion and a religious army to boot.

I would much rather that the Muslims come together and give confidence to the non Muslim world - because the non muslim world isn't really liking what they are seeing happening in the name of religion.

Well said.

However in addition to being too focused on Middle East (or West of India :-))

Add Buddhists of S Lanka and Myanmar

Add RSS of India in the list too.

Well said.

However in addition to being too focused on Middle East (or West of India :-))

Add Buddhists of S Lanka and Myanmar

Add RSS of India in the list too.

Yeah why not?

I would focus on the extreme rightist Islamic, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist religious organizations.

But the actual list that I was thinking about more were the terrorists.

Haha, ok. That's definitely a worthy counter response.

Why don't you go apply to Microsoft or some big deal company for a job. You might not get it because there are tons of much more experienced professionals waiting for their turn for interview. If you don't get it, don't look further for a job.

Don't you get it? If logic was of prime essence he (this FaujHistorian) would have accepted what you said but that is not the case. His motives are not what you think it is. You see, his ancestors were from Bihar in India, they were most probably Muslims who migrated to then East Pakistan after 1948. After 1971 these Pakistani Biharees have been living as refugees in BD as stranded Pakistanis, forsaken by Pakistan and loathed by the Bangladeshis for their collaboration with the Pak army during 1971 war. Now these Biharees live a filthy life at the Biharee camps in BD and they blame Pakistan and Bangladesh, both Muslim countries, for their misery. Hence, he has a grudge against anything Muslim or Islamic and it seems his motto in life is to misguide Muslims all around the globe just as Satan's motto is to misguide mankind.

Back
Top Bottom