What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

@Doritos11

Hasn't Russia stopped the S-300 line?

I don't know but when countries are looking for long air defences from Russia it has to be the S300 series as they don't export the S400 yet.

Suggestions show either S300 PMU 2 or S300V Antey for Iraq, as for now only a price has been given by our defence minister (210 million ) which shows it's most likely an S300.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but when countries are looking for long air defences from Russia it has to be the S300 series as they don't export the S400 yet.

Suggestions show either S300 PMU 2 or S300V Antey for Iraq, as for now only a price has been given by our defence minister (210 million ) which shows it's most likely an S300.

Thanks dude. I hope your military keeps getting better and for the political turmoil in Iraq to end :)

Yes, I think the Russians are a bit cautious when it gets to Fighter jets deals.

Why is that, never knew that.
All deals with the US are open, maybe they keep this secret to keep neighbouring countries from protesting such sales ?

After all none of it is illegal so even neighbours could not stop such deals

Nothing is illegal, It's the Russian's arms-sale etiquette in the most volatile region. I learned this through first hand experience :)

If you were talking about other Russian-made equipments such as tanks, air defense missile systems, armor vehicles, and helicopters then the Russians may announce the deal earlier than what we normally expect when it gets to Aircrafts and submarines. No one is going to be more distrubed by Iraq's choice than the US itself, if it weren't the Chinese or the Russians then I might role out their reactions.

The US system of governance functions in a different way. Whenever an arm sale is approved by the Pentagon, the deal will require a congressional approval for exportation to the given state.

Why is that, never knew that.
All deals with the US are open, maybe they keep this secret to keep neighbouring countries from protesting such sales ?

After all none of it is illegal so even neighbours could not stop such deals

Nothing is illegal, It's the Russian's arms-sale etiquette in the most volatile region. I learned this through first hand experience :)

If you were talking about other Russian-made equipments such as tanks, air defense missile systems, armor vehicles, and helicopters then the Russians may announce the deal earlier than what we normally expect when it gets to Aircrafts and submarines. No one is going to be more distrubed by Iraq's choice than the US itself, if it weren't the Chinese or the Russians then I might role out their reactions.

The US system of governance functions in a different way. Whenever an arm sale is approved by the Pentagon, the deal will require a congressional approval for exportation to the given state.

The US knows though that Iraq will buy fighters from other sources as the entire military equipment is based on 2 source equipment. Usually buying equipment recquires approval from Iraqi parliament but this time the prime ministers office has signed deals without their approval according to someone since parliament has many people trying to stop such deals, I think its kept secret to prevent outrage and problems with politicans in Iraq, the Kurdish region would not welcome deals either.

There are 2 Russian deals both worth around 8 billion together leaving a lot of money for fighter jets and other equipment, better sukhoi then mig.

Of course the US knows, who said they don't? What I'm saying is that the US may pressure Iraq not to go after the MiG-35s, but at the same time, if the US doesn't want Iraq to do so, then they must offer something of equal qualities in addition to the F-16s, such as the F/A-18 Superhornet or pave the way for Iraq to buy fighter jets from the UK or France or Sweden.

Anyway, if the Russians deliver the first batch of the Mig-35s, trust me, the US won't deliver the F-16s.

The US knows though that Iraq will buy fighters from other sources as the entire military equipment is based on 2 source equipment. Usually buying equipment recquires approval from Iraqi parliament but this time the prime ministers office has signed deals without their approval according to someone since parliament has many people trying to stop such deals, I think its kept secret to prevent outrage and problems with politicans in Iraq, the Kurdish region would not welcome deals either.

There are 2 Russian deals both worth around 8 billion together leaving a lot of money for fighter jets and other equipment, better sukhoi then mig.

Of course the US knows, who said they don't? What I'm saying is that the US may pressure Iraq not to go after the MiG-35s, but at the same time, if the US doesn't want Iraq to do so, then they must offer something of equal qualities in addition to the F-16s, such as the F/A-18 Superhornet or pave the way for Iraq to buy fighter jets from the UK or France or Sweden.

Anyway, if the Russians deliver the first batch of the Mig-35s, trust me, the US won't deliver the F-16s.

Can you explain that part, it is true that the US quickly moved and offered Iraq Apaches when Iraq made a deal for MI 28s, but so far no news about better jets.

Can you explain that part, it is true that the US quickly moved and offered Iraq Apaches when Iraq made a deal for MI 28s, but so far no news about better jets.

I think you already know the answer to this question.

King air 350 ISR ( recon AWACS of the army ).

AIR_King_Air_350-ISR_IqAF_2008-10-22_lg.jpg

AN 26
An-32_Irak.jpg

2thAn-32_Iraq.jpg

610xxxx-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom