What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Bell 407
20190517_204810.jpeg
20190517_204844.jpeg
20190517_204829.jpeg
20190517_204856.jpeg
20190517_204921.jpeg

We do have !!! They are stationaded at camp Taji i will inform you about them in a short time

Those are American and other coalition aircraft providing training to Iraqi forces in camp taji.

Camp Taji has a training program for the 'Iraqi Rangers', an SF unit of the regular army, not ISOF. It's overseen by the Australian army and modeled after the 101st US airborne, That's why many coalition helicopters are involved, to train this unit on airborne assault raids.

Iraqi helicopters are deployed in combat ops so they're not free for training as often

Last edited:
Those are American and other coalition aircraft providing training to Iraqi forces in camp taji.

Camp Taji has a training program for the 'Iraqi Rangers', an SF unit of the regular army, not ISOF. It's overseen by the Australian army and modeled after the 101st US airborne, That's why many coalition helicopters are involved, to train this unit on airborne assault raids.

Iraqi helicopters are deployed in combat ops so they're not free for training as often
Muricans left in march 2018 *Not entirely*
We have weapon Systems provided by the trump Administration but are not given price publicly i saw some of them

I've heard from some sf soldiers that their training is way longer than U.S. 75th ranger regiment training (RASP) which is 2 months long. ISF training is around 9 months. And that there is some training performed in Jordan.

That’s true but relative to the rest of their army special forces counterparts it’s way shorter to the 6-12+months of training

that's true regular iraqi army training is quite short from what i know, the US/UK SF creation of ISOF was a proper success as it's very effective in every way and remained so throughout several wars. Unfortunately the same can't be said for many other units, the ministry of interior's ERD/ERU is also effective. Same for the 9th armored division lately, not so much a few years back though.

Who knows, the army rangers unit being made in Camp Taji will turn out a success. In my opinion the police forces need to be enabled a lot more to be able to handle the tasks without the army, will have to be quite a strong police force though compared to other countries police duties.

that's true regular iraqi army training is quite short from what i know, the US/UK SF creation of ISOF was a proper success as it's very effective in every way and remained so throughout several wars. Unfortunately the same can't be said for many other units, the ministry of interior's ERD/ERU is also effective. Same for the 9th armored division lately, not so much a few years back though.

Who knows, the army rangers unit being made in Camp Taji will turn out a success. In my opinion the police forces need to be enabled a lot more to be able to handle the tasks without the army, will have to be quite a strong police force though compared to other countries police duties.

From what I hear back training for the Iraqi army is 3 months long. And ranger training is 9 months. And you’re correct the police need to take more responsibilities. The army should be on the border and in more isolated regions that ISIS is still operating in at night. The army should adopt a new uniform policy and upgrade equipment as well

From what I hear back training for the Iraqi army is 3 months long. And ranger training is 9 months. And you’re correct the police need to take more responsibilities. The army should be on the border and in more isolated regions that ISIS is still operating in at night. The army should adopt a new uniform policy and upgrade equipment as well

Basic training *

Back
Top Bottom