What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

D715Z9aXkAAEPs1.jpg

D715Z9aWwAEZYmJ.jpg

They aren’t viewable

Introducing the local Iraqi Kafil-1 tank, which will be joining the Al-Abbas Combat Division. It's built on a T-55 chassis with a 110mm barrel. Photos were leaked by Tactical Cell yesterday, Armor was commissioned by Maytham Zaidi to the unit today.

Attachments

• kafil.1.jpg
    kafil.1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 101
Introducing the local Iraqi Kafil-1 tank, which will be joining the Al-Abbas Combat Division. It's built on a T-55 chassis with a 110mm barrel. Photos were leaked by Tactical Cell yesterday, Armor was commissioned by Maytham Zaidi to the unit today.
That's new gun desgined locally or it's the 115 russians smooth bore of the t62 also it looks like these group part of Hashd Shaabi.

The Iraqi design Kafil-1 presented in 2018

3H16BOL.jpg

auHNwdl.jpg

d6IVkOS.jpg

Last edited:
The Iraqi design Kafil-1 presented in 2018

3H16BOL.jpg

auHNwdl.jpg

d6IVkOS.jpg

The turret resemble the Israeli merkava 1
but way small and very simple looks like made of sheet metal maybe this is just a mock up

the is the russian 100 mm the rifle one very old and not effective

Now they call it the diamond of Iraqi military industry!!!!!!!15th
the design on paper looks way better than the mock up

The turret resemble the Israeli merkava 1
but way small and very simple looks like made of sheet metal maybe this is just a mock up

the is the russian 100 mm the rifle one very old and not effective

Now they call it the diamond of Iraqi military industry!!!!!!!15th
the design on paper looks way better than the mock up
It is a mock up..made by private interests.. this can be a good tank against insurgent.. but no way as an MBT..

It is a mock up..made by private interests.. this can be a good tank against insurgent.. but no way as an MBT..

it's purpose is a low-cost fire support vehicle, like the BMP but heavier. They didn't intend this as MBT. It's the kind of tank that can be supplied to PMU units as well.

MBT's provide an offensive capability, it seems for now Iraq is not going on a path of preparing for large-scale military offensive capability as there are other gaps to fill. So defensive capabiltiy against tanks is filled by ATGW's mostly, Khafeel tank provides support/offensive capability in urban insurgency.

Last edited:
it's purpose is a low-cost fire support vehicle, like the BMP but heavier. They didn't intend this as MBT. It's the kind of tank that can be supplied to PMU units as well.

MBT's provide an offensive capability, it seems for now Iraq is not going on a path of preparing for large-scale military offensive capability as there are other gaps to fill. So defensive capabiltiy against tanks is filled by ATGW's mostly, Khafeel tank provides support/offensive capability in urban insurgency.
Then it was easy for them to convert the t55 and its like to BMPT with anti-tank missiles and heavy guns

BMPT_Terminator_360_720_50-47_e.jpg

And that would be easier to do

That's what they did, except a large 120mm cannon instead of a turret.

BMP-3 serves the turret providing IFV vehicle for Iraq
Its the d-10 100 mm not 120

I dont know we have the BMP-3 but even if we do this is not working the same way as the BMPT at all this platform works as a fighting vehicle that can support tanks and infantry while the IFV works as a defensive vehicle to its crew
plus this vehicle BMP-3 is as deadly to its crew as the t-72 so its not save for neither tanks or infantry my thoughts

Imho I think Iraq and Jordan should do a jv to produce armored vehicles for Iraqi army. The vehicles made now are too new, and KADDB has a lot to offer for security forces.

KADDB-products%20confirmed.gif

JAWAD.png

No disrespect here but I think that new tank could have been better with Jordanian help because of their past experience with modifications of Centurion tanks and such.

Imho I think Iraq and Jordan should do a jv to produce armored vehicles for Iraqi army. The vehicles made now are too new, and KADDB has a lot to offer for security forces.

KADDB-products%20confirmed.gif

JAWAD.png

No disrespect here but I think that new tank could have been better with Jordanian help because of their past experience with modifications of Centurion tanks and such.
Are you deleted Al kafil tank posts? If yes why? Or who deleted that posts and why?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom