What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Doing only cardio and leg/abs exercise for the past 3 weeks after hurting the wrist. :(

Meanwhile started with the Tonalin CLA - Can someone comment based upon their personal experience?

Doing only cardio and leg/abs exercise for the past 3 weeks after hurting the wrist. :(

Meanwhile started with the Tonalin CLA - Can someone comment based upon their personal experience?

What kind of cardio?

What kind of cardio?

I do either elliptical with high inclination for 24 mins and do abs(high reps with bicyle crunches as much as I can to make it a 30 min workout) or jog for couple of miles in treadmill.

Recommend reading this excellent article for Endomorphs - people who tend to gain weight around the waist and stomach - most of the sub-continental people.

Bodybuilding.com - Bulking For Endomorphs - Gaining Muscle While Limiting Fat Gains.

Now based on the article have added Sesamin as well(have been taking Omega 3 supplements)

From the article -

Sesamin + CLA + Fish Oil Supplmentation:

The combination of Sesamin + CLA should prove very potent for fat loss and fat gain prevention. Supplementing with CLA will cause a decrease in triglyceride uptake by adipocytes and lipogenesis/fat storage, but if these fatty acids are not oxidized, they will build up in the blood and liver.

By adding Sesamin into the mix, fat oxidation will be increased (very strongly in the liver), resulting in the oxidation of the elevated fatty acid concentration caused by CLA as well as working synergistically with CLA to decrease fat storage. The combination of Sesamin + CLA attacks fat oxidation and storage from multiple angles, resulting in less stored body fat 5.

Studies have also showed that Sesamin and Fish Oil work synergistically to increase fat oxidation primarily by increasing the gene expression of enzymes involved in fat oxidation 6.

*Common dosages for Sesamin range from 500-150 mg per day.

*Common dosages for CLA and Fish Oil range from 3-6 grams per day each

Can our chinese brother give various exercises out of their manual of Kung fu... They are quite fit and the athletes from China are also performing very nice.. Lets hear something good from them...

Dear Antibody,

Please check whether your Blood uric acid has been elevated... It gives same feeling during early gout.. I have been suffered heavily due to it.. Gout results due to eating of meat...
Better get checked before concluding it as Achilis tendonitis...

If you have gout please check your solar flex most of time it is not allign.
and you can also try homeopathy medicine Nux vomica it will take care of it.

Anyone doing cardio interval training???

Try it! Its really demanding (Physically and mentally).

Anyone doing cardio interval training???

Try it! Its really demanding (Physically and mentally).

Tried it but was heavy on my knees - so stopped it - that is the reason I mix between elliptical and jogging. Would usually do a 10 -15 sets of 30 sec sprints(at about 9-10 mil/hr if I am on treadmill) with 5 min warms and 5 min cooldowns but was intense and my knees were aching so much after couple of weeks.

I recently started sneezing in crowded indoor places is it allergy or something else? has anyone else experienced such a thing?

Hey, for some unknown reason I hog all day and still don't gain weight at all.. WTF !! I want to be a bit bulky and develop some cuts and muscles.

What do i do ?

Hey, for some unknown reason I hog all day and still don't gain weight at all.. WTF !! I want to be a bit bulky and develop some cuts and muscles.
What do i do ?
Beat your boss and then get your leg fractured. You won't have a job and you can't go for holiday. Sure formula. :D

What do i do ?

HEy, pls explain "hog" a bit more precise.

And one more thing: you will never gain anything by training 7 days a week

Your muscles need time to recover! Its in this time, when your body replaces damaged tissue.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE FOR ANY KIND OF WORKOUT DUDE!

Beat your boss and then get your leg fractured. You won't have a job and you can't go for holiday. Sure formula. :D

ohh...ok .. see the thing is, I don't do much of physical work also. Only the sedentary work. The thing is, I have so many girls in my circle but none of them are willing to go out with me cause they think I am too girly :cry:

Tried it but was heavy on my knees - so stopped it - that is the reason I mix between elliptical and jogging. Would usually do a 10 -15 sets of 30 sec sprints(at about 9-10 mil/hr if I am on treadmill) with 5 min warms and 5 min cooldowns but was intense and my knees were aching so much after couple of weeks.

I had the same problem, but somehow got used to it, especially after getting some proper running shoes.

Back
Top Bottom