What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

HEy, pls explain "hog" a bit more precise.

And one more thing: you will never gain anything by training 7 days a week

Your muscles need time to recover! Its in this time, when your body replaces damaged tissue.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE FOR ANY KIND OF WORKOUT DUDE!

I know dude.. thanks for the heads up though.

HOG == eat lots and lots of anything and everything !! I can give a well built guy a run for his money when it comes to eating.. And I eat that much only every day/meal.

I know dude.. thanks for the heads up though.

HOG == eat lots and lots of anything and everything !! I can give a well built guy a run for his money when it comes to eating.. And I eat that much only every day/meal.

Oh ok^^ I misunderstood "hog".

ohh...ok .. see the thing is, I don't do much of physical work also. Only the sedentary work. The thing is, I have so many girls in my circle but none of them are willing to go out with me cause they think I am too girly :cry:
:lol: I know your type. Stop talking to them too much. Don't become their listening pillow.

i didnt know this thread existed! Well if it does then hows everybody here Fit??

:lol: I know your type. Stop talking to them too much. Don't become their listening pillow.

I am not their listening pillow.. but hey that's not the point of my post.

I want to gain some muscles BIG TIME. Someone Should help me. Google gives me results about how to loose weight only. Fcuk :(

I am not their listening pillow.. but hey that's not the point of my post.

I want to gain some muscles BIG TIME. Someone Should help me. Google gives me results about how to loose weight only. Fcuk :(

Check your type of body here in this article and search in the same sit to gain big muscles. I posted an article here from this site about how to gain muscles without gaining fat for endomorphs(the typical sub-continental men who gain around their stomach and waist)

Bodybuilding.com - Body Types!

With my limited knowledge based upon my workouts, injuries I went through, supplements I tried I can provide some little input.

Check your type of body here in this article and search in the same sit to gain big muscles. I posted an article here from this site about how to gain muscles without gaining fat for endomorphs(the typical sub-continental men who gain around their stomach and waist)

Bodybuilding.com - Body Types!

With my limited knowledge based upon my workouts, injuries I went through, supplements I tried I can provide some little input.

Hey thanks for helping me. I will go through the site. but FYI, that site has been sued cause they promoted some supplements in their site which have serious side effects !!

Hey thanks for helping me. I will go through the site. but FYI, that site has been sued cause they promoted some supplements in their site which have serious side effects !!

Not that site alone - none of the supplements in US is regulated by FDA. So need to be extremely careful with what one take and should not take it for a long time if you try it. I go for safe supplements like Whey proteins, Omega 3, CLA and not the stuffs like weight loss products and something which says proprietary blend.

Also this site has not just supplements information(just ignore the store part if you dont want to) but other information about workouts for specific musclegroups and user experience.

@perplexed - for starters try this 3 day every alternate day workout

muscle building process is 3 step process

1. Cause microscopic tear to muscle fibers
2. Heal it with proper nutrition
3. Prove rest

In the process of healing, the fibers gets stretched(this stretch will show as muscles) to get handle the stress for future assault on the musclegroups - so progressively you increase the weights(maybe after 4-5 weeks)

1. Biceps, forearms, upper back workout - day 1

if you have gym facilities

- rowing machine - 3 sets (10 reps each - if you can do more than 10 than that you are not in the range to gain muscle - so adjust the weights)
- lats pull down - 3 sets (10 reps again each)

- then maybe do isolation with dumbells or barbells (I would strongly suggest against isolation initially)

if no gym, look for a bar and try doing chin ups and pull ups and wide grip pulls - as much you can - you might be able to do only 1 initially but do not be deterred.

2. legs, glutes and abs - day 2

- squats with weights - form is very important else you will injure yourself - 3 sets - 10 reps each
- deadlifts - be careful with form - form is very important - 3 sets - 10 reps each
- and some machines to focus on glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps and calf
- abs -there are ab machines or bicycle kick is the best(lookup in the site I provided)

No gym, situps or something shown in the first few seconds of the flashdance movie (maniac song)

3. pectorals(chest) and triceps and shoulders(deltoids)

- incline bench press
- regular bench press
- dips
- military press in machine(I would recommend machine initially as free weights can hurt you here)

if no machines,

pushups - wide and diamond pushups - lots of them until you tire

rest for the remaining 2 days and as supplement add whey protein shake initially immediately after workout. As you say you are a hard gainer, take whey protein shakes 2 times and it will not hurt you. Increase your other proteins as well(like eggs, chicken etc)

You can make adjustments as you move forward to the workouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
@perplexed - for starters try this 3 day every alternate day workout

muscle building process is 3 step process

1. Cause microscopic tear to muscle fibers
2. Heal it with proper nutrition
3. Prove rest

In the process of healing, the fibers gets stretched(this stretch will show as muscles) to get handle the stress for future assault on the musclegroups - so progressively you increase the weights(maybe after 4-5 weeks)

1. Biceps, forearms, upper back workout - day 1

if you have gym facilities

- rowing machine - 3 sets (10 reps each - if you can do more than 10 than that you are not in the range to gain muscle - so adjust the weights)
- lats pull down - 3 sets (10 reps again each)

- then maybe do isolation with dumbells or barbells (I would strongly suggest against isolation initially)

if no gym, look for a bar and try doing chin ups and pull ups and wide grip pulls - as much you can - you might be able to do only 1 initially but do not be deterred.

2. legs, glutes and abs - day 2

- squats with weights - form is very important else you will injure yourself - 3 sets - 10 reps each
- deadlifts - be careful with form - form is very important - 3 sets - 10 reps each
- and some machines to focus on glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps and calf
- abs -there are ab machines or bicycle kick is the best(lookup in the site I provided)

No gym, situps or something shown in the first few seconds of the flashdance movie (maniac song)

3. pectorals(chest) and triceps and shoulders(deltoids)

- incline bench press
- regular bench press
- dips
- military press in machine(I would recommend machine initially as free weights can hurt you here)

if no machines,

pushups - wide and diamond pushups - lots of them until you tire

rest for the remaining 2 days and as supplement add whey protein shake initially immediately after workout. As you say you are a hard gainer, take whey protein shakes 2 times and it will not hurt you. Increase your other proteins as well(like eggs, chicken etc)

You can make adjustments as you move forward to the workouts.

Thank a lot buddy. Luckily I have a gym facility nearby. I will probably hit it next thing tomorrow morning.

Btw, what are good whey protein shakes ?

Regarding eggs, well what do you know, I eat 5 eggs everyday. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank a lot buddy. Luckily I have a gym facility nearby. I will probably hit it next thing tomorrow morning.

Btw, what are good whey protein shakes ?

Regarding eggs, well what do you know, I eat 5 eggs everyday. :D

I take optimum whey protein but any whey protein should be good as they give you 25 gms of protein in a scoop and these proteins are easily digestable. Your target should be around 2-4 gm for each kg of your weight per day for total protein consumption for muscle building. So 5 eggs will give you around 100 gms of protein. And one more, when you drink whey post workout, add a scoop of glucose as your muscles will need glycogen which is spent during workout.

Hi,

I have not gone thru all the thread--but here is my input---I am almost 56 and my blood pressure at rest is like 115/70---i am 6 ft tall and250 lbs +.

I used to workout 3-4 hours a day or jog---sometimes averaging 35-40 miles a week---my weight at that time---220-240 lbs range. In the 80's---90's my pulse while lying down was like 55---60---Did heavy weights and dumbells----. On a good day I would lift 100 lbs on each hand ---.

Now I know that it was sheer stupidity---my shoulder bones are sort of bent backwards due to lifting that kind of weight----my knee joints and ankles are totally worn out---and so are my bottom vertebrae---in the x rays---the cartiledge is gone.

I wish that when I was working out---the gyms had large frame pictures of worn out joints and vertebrae posted on the walls to discourage extreme heavy weightlifting----and excessive running on the street.

So here is a not to do list-----don't lift to show off----don't do extra heavy lifting---remember you ethnic background when doing heavy weight training---don't over do yourself in order to impress others---.

Don't run on the pavement for long distances----the tarmac or concrete kills your joints---run on a treadmill----.

And the most important---if you jog---then replace your joggers often---don't let them completely wear off before shopping for new ones---. If you are over 200 lbs around 6ft---be careful running long distances---.

For long distance running---SAUCONY is an excellent brand---one of my friends ran L A marathons recommended them to me.

Now some healthy tidbits----.

Anyone with HIGH CHOLESTROL---if you have not started on any medication yet---try BLACK EYE PEAS---3 to 5 bowls a day----just sprinkle some salt pepper red pepper and lemon and chopped tomatoes and onions---that's eat and eat and eat and eat---you will be surprised after 4 months---. Good luck.

In the u s you can get them in a can----so 2 to 3 cans a days would do wonders.

hey guys i need some advice. I was recently diagnosed with a L4\L5 herniated disc (slipped disc) and was told to rest for a while. What I want to know is that can I do simple exercises such as crunches, pushups, pullups and cycling during this period or should I totally refrain from physical activity?

Back
Top Bottom