What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

@Nihonjin1051 post work out cradio yesterday morning. Startet 5:30 AM :D

5wtepbt8.jpg

Hahahaha Nice, bro. Your arms are looking great ! I'll post an update later.

Btw, who's that beautify lady next to you? Cute. LOL!

;)

Hahahaha Nice, bro. Your arms are looking great ! I'll post an update later.

Btw, who's that beautify lady next to you? Cute. LOL!

;)

She is my current girlfriend. So far not that serious yet since we only are together since 3 or 4 weeks. ;)

Sorry for the cap. I know it propably looks retarded but i hate hair hanging in my face.

@Nihonjin1051 post work out cradio yesterday morning. Startet 5:30 AM :D

5wtepbt8.jpg

Upper body update,

bodyupdate.nihonjin.jpg

I'm doing bench press now (4 sets of 12 at 145 lbs).

I'm also doing shoulder press (4 sets of 12 at 145 lbs).

I'll post a picture update in a month's time again.

She is my current girlfriend. So far not that serious yet since we only are together since 3 or 4 weeks. ;)

Sorry for the cap. I know it propably looks retarded but i hate hair hanging in my face.

LOL, i know what you mean about the hair getting in the way buddy. Specially after doing elipticals, hehe, keep up the job dude, looking great.

As for your girl friend, she's beautiful. Wishing you both luck ...!! You know i'm dating an Italian-American right? We're actually planning a drive to Grand Canyon this summer (July-August). She comes from a big Sicilian family. Huge family...LOL.

Upper body update,

View attachment 220658

I'm doing bench press now (4 sets of 12 at 145 lbs).

I'm also doing shoulder press (4 sets of 12 at 145 lbs).

I'll post a picture update in a month's time again.

LOL, i know what you mean about the hair getting in the way buddy. Specially after doing elipticals, hehe, keep up the job dude, looking great.

As for your girl friend, she's beautiful. Wishing you both luck ...!! You know i'm dating an Italian-American right? We're actually planning a drive to Grand Canyon this summer (July-August). She comes from a big Sicilian family. Huge family...LOL.

good luck. I would love to visit the grand canyon.

and nice progress, keep it up.

Tips to maintain food safety and hygiene in summer
By IANS
Published: May 22, 2015

890636-FotorCreated-1432301109-385-640x480.jpg

Temperatures are rising and the unreliability of the electricity supply isn’t helping, as refrigerators stay off for a good part of the day due to power outages. All this combines to create the perfect environment that allows germs and bacteria to breed, resulting in food poisoning and other stomach disorders.

It therefore becomes extremely important to maintain some basic rules for health and hygiene when it comes to our food and drink. Saurabh Arora, founder of Indian food safety web portal FoodSafetyHelpline, shares his tips on food safety and hygiene:

1. Always maintain proper hygiene

o-WOMAN-WASHING-HANDS-facebook-e1432297747419.jpg

Wash your hands before cooking and after handling raw meat, fish and poultry. Dry your hands with a clean towel. Make a habit of wearing an apron in the kitchen. Avoid cooking and touching food items if you have a cold, runny nose or fever. Before handling food, make sure that all cooking surfaces are spotlessly clean. Wash all utensils with soap and water. Preferably use a separate chopping board for meat.

2. Wash raw fruits and vegetables thoroughly

Untitled-21.jpg

With the growing concern about pesticide residues remaining on the surface of fruits and vegetables, it is a good idea to soak them in lukewarm water with some salt and vinegar for two hours. Before eating (fruits) or cooking (vegetables), wash them under running tap water to get rid of any last traces of pesticides.

3. Maintain correct refrigerator temperature

174_fridge-940x626-e1432298308493.jpg

This is the most relevant tip for maintaining food safety during the hot summer months. The temperature of the refrigerator must be maintained at four degree Celsius and the freezer at -15 to -18 degree Celsius. Store away raw meat and poultry in the freezer compartment.

When required, thaw out frozen items in the refrigerator compartment, but keep them separate from other items of food. Make sure to thaw meat thoroughly. When you marinate meat in the fridge, make sure you use the sauce only for cooking, and not for serving. Never serve cooked meat on the same plate that you used for marinating. Once served, food should not be kept outside for more than two hours. If eating outdoors, use a chiller box with plenty of ice packs. Use separate boxes for food and beverages. Avoid opening the box too often to maintain the cool temperature inside. Also, avoid exposure of the chiller box to direct sunlight.

4, Practice safety tips for outdoor picnics

806534-afghan-family-picnic-e1432298828766.jpg

Food safety begins with proper hand cleaning – even more so when outdoor settings are involved. Before you begin setting out your picnic feast, make sure your hands and all surfaces that you plan to use are clean. If you don’t have access to running water, simply use a water jug, soap, and paper towels, or consider using disposable wet wipes for cleaning your hands.

Chocolate cake breakfast could help you lose weight

Eating chocolate cake as part of a full breakfast can help you lose weight, say scientists.

cake_2132464b.jpg

A meal in the morning provides energy for the day's tasks, aids in brain functioning and kick-starts the body's metabolism, making it crucial for weight loss and maintenance Photo: ALAMY

2:10PM GMT 08 Feb 2012

It sounds too good to be true but new research says having dessert - along with the traditional fry up - burns off the pounds.

Morning is the best time to consume sweets because that's when the body's metabolism is most active - and we have the rest of the day to work off the calories, a new study shows.

Eating cookies or chocolate as part of breakfast that includes proteins and carbs also helps stem the craving for sweets later.

Researchers split 193 clinically obese, non-diabetic adults into two groups who consumed either a low-carb diet that included a 300-calorie breakfast or a balanced 600-calorie breakfast that included a chocolate cake dessert.

Halfway through the 32-week study both groups had lost an average of 33 lbs per person. But in the second half of the study the low-carb group regained an average of 22 lbs per person - while the dessert gorgers lost another 15 lbs each.

At the end those who had consumed a 600 calorie breakfast had lost an average of 40 lbs more per person than their peers.

Although both groups consumed the same daily total calories - the men 1600 calories per day and the women 1400 - "the participants in the low-carbohydrate diet group had less satisfaction and felt that they were not full," said Professor Daniela Jakubowicz.

Their cravings for sugars and carbohydrates were more intense and eventually caused them to cheat on the diet plan.

This also suggests that the dessert group will be more successful at keeping the weight off, said the researchers whose findings are published in journal Steroids.

Prof Jakubowicz said: "But the group that consumed a bigger breakfast, including dessert, experienced few if any cravings for these foods later in the day."

Prof Jakubowicz, of Tel Aviv University, said attempting to avoid sweets entirely can create a psychological addiction to these same foods in the long-term.

A meal in the morning provides energy for the day's tasks, aids in brain functioning and kick-starts the body's metabolism, making it crucial for weight loss and maintenance.

And breakfast is the meal that most successfully regulates ghrelin, the hormone that increases hunger, said Prof Jakubowicz.

While the level of ghrelin rises before every meal, it is suppressed most effectively at breakfast time.

Basing their study on this fact, the researchers hoped to determine whether meal time and composition impacted weight loss in the short and long term, said Prof Jakubowicz, or if it was a simple matter of calorie count.

She said one of the biggest challenges that people face is keeping weight off in the long-term. Ingesting a higher proportion of our daily calories at breakfast makes sense.

It's not only good for body function but it also alleviates cravings. Highly restrictive diets that forbid desserts and carbohydrates are initially effective but often cause dieters to stray from their food plans as a result of withdrawal-like symptoms. They wind up regaining much of the weight they lost during the diet proper.

Ultimately this shows a diet must be realistic to be adopted as part of a new lifestyle. Curbing cravings is better than deprivation for weight loss success, said Prof Jakubowicz.

@Armstrong @Manticore @Marshmallow @Horus :woot:

I knew I was missing something in my diet - Chocolate cake! No wonder prophet had dates in morning....And also why Sahri is encouraged :whistle:

Chocolate cake breakfast could help you lose weight - Telegraph
False...:what: ..

Dont spread wrong Information:astagh:
Chocolate cake breakfast could help you lose weight

Eating chocolate cake as part of a full breakfast can help you lose weight, say scientists.

cake_2132464b.jpg

A meal in the morning provides energy for the day's tasks, aids in brain functioning and kick-starts the body's metabolism, making it crucial for weight loss and maintenance Photo: ALAMY

2:10PM GMT 08 Feb 2012

It sounds too good to be true but new research says having dessert - along with the traditional fry up - burns off the pounds.

Morning is the best time to consume sweets because that's when the body's metabolism is most active - and we have the rest of the day to work off the calories, a new study shows.

Eating cookies or chocolate as part of breakfast that includes proteins and carbs also helps stem the craving for sweets later.

Researchers split 193 clinically obese, non-diabetic adults into two groups who consumed either a low-carb diet that included a 300-calorie breakfast or a balanced 600-calorie breakfast that included a chocolate cake dessert.

Halfway through the 32-week study both groups had lost an average of 33 lbs per person. But in the second half of the study the low-carb group regained an average of 22 lbs per person - while the dessert gorgers lost another 15 lbs each.

At the end those who had consumed a 600 calorie breakfast had lost an average of 40 lbs more per person than their peers.

Although both groups consumed the same daily total calories - the men 1600 calories per day and the women 1400 - "the participants in the low-carbohydrate diet group had less satisfaction and felt that they were not full," said Professor Daniela Jakubowicz.

Their cravings for sugars and carbohydrates were more intense and eventually caused them to cheat on the diet plan.

This also suggests that the dessert group will be more successful at keeping the weight off, said the researchers whose findings are published in journal Steroids.

Prof Jakubowicz said: "But the group that consumed a bigger breakfast, including dessert, experienced few if any cravings for these foods later in the day."

Prof Jakubowicz, of Tel Aviv University, said attempting to avoid sweets entirely can create a psychological addiction to these same foods in the long-term.

A meal in the morning provides energy for the day's tasks, aids in brain functioning and kick-starts the body's metabolism, making it crucial for weight loss and maintenance.

And breakfast is the meal that most successfully regulates ghrelin, the hormone that increases hunger, said Prof Jakubowicz.

While the level of ghrelin rises before every meal, it is suppressed most effectively at breakfast time.

Basing their study on this fact, the researchers hoped to determine whether meal time and composition impacted weight loss in the short and long term, said Prof Jakubowicz, or if it was a simple matter of calorie count.

She said one of the biggest challenges that people face is keeping weight off in the long-term. Ingesting a higher proportion of our daily calories at breakfast makes sense.

It's not only good for body function but it also alleviates cravings. Highly restrictive diets that forbid desserts and carbohydrates are initially effective but often cause dieters to stray from their food plans as a result of withdrawal-like symptoms. They wind up regaining much of the weight they lost during the diet proper.

Ultimately this shows a diet must be realistic to be adopted as part of a new lifestyle. Curbing cravings is better than deprivation for weight loss success, said Prof Jakubowicz.

@Armstrong @Manticore @Marshmallow @Horus :woot:

I knew I was missing something in my diet - Chocolate cake! No wonder prophet had dates in morning....And also why Sahri is encouraged :whistle:

Chocolate cake breakfast could help you lose weight - Telegraph
SHURRRUPPP!:astagh: Choc everyday:astagh:

I am practicing this with chocolate muffin in morning....
Every morning? .....In Pakistan these days,people are asked to depend on only one type of diet like Protein Diet etc ...Which is wrong cuz our body shouldnt be obsessed with only one type of food intake! Most of the Gym/Yoga Instructors and even Nutritionists are into this game!

Hur Koi Protein Diet Pay Laga Hua Hay!

Every morning?
Well, weekdays it is jam (which is sweet too) and bread..on weekends it is ONLY chocolate muffin ...craving ko bhi answer kerna hai naa :p:

In Pakistan these days,people are asked to depend on only one type of diet like Protein Diet etc ...Which is wrong cuz our body shouldnt be obsessed with only one type of food intake! Most of the Gym/Yoga Instructors and even Nutritionists are into this game!

Hur Koi Protein Diet Pay Laga Hua Hay!
That is soo bloody wrong...Which asshole got this trend started?!

Dont they know lipids (though not in excess) is needed by our body and sugar by our neurons?

Back
Top Bottom