What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Why can't you lot stick to doing a few...very few but functional compound exercises instead of overdoing & injuring yourselves ?

I stick to Bench Press, Barbell Rows, Squats, Deadlift & Overhead Press - Not a single exercise more ! And I've never injured myself except through overdoing on my lower back but even that was squarely my fault - Too much weight on the Deadlift !

HOw many push up do you do in how much time

Why can't you lot stick to doing a few...very few but functional compound exercises instead of overdoing & injuring yourselves ?

I stick to Bench Press, Barbell Rows, Squats, Deadlift & Overhead Press - Not a single exercise more ! And I've never injured myself except through overdoing on my lower back but even that was squarely my fault - Too much weight on the Deadlift !

Are bhai chinups bhi to compuond exercise hai. Merei to Chinups ne mar li.

only 1 lesson fr me here dont get cocky , sala ek jatka or kam tamam.

I had left shoulder tendonitis and went for 3 weeks physical therapy - 3 days a week where they deep massage your shoulders to remove scar tissue and provide some basic hand exercises with 2-3 pound dumbbells and few other exercises.No medication involved except for the topical cream what they apply on the shoulders with heat treatment. And after that for couple of months you have to take it easy.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/93692-health-fitness-thread-21.html#ixzz2etXOwtc8

how many months rest are we talking about here? i cant stay away from exercising for long.I strt hating myself:laughcry:

HOw many push up do you do in how much time

Between 70-100 !

Because I train for strength not endurance !

Are bhai chinups bhi to compuond exercise hai. Merei to Chinups ne mar li.

only 1 lesson fr me here dont get cocky , sala ek jatka or kam tamam.

Bhai thoriii karniii thiii naaa....stick to fewer exercises & warm up properly !

I for example before even getting to the weight I'm supposed to bench for the day warm up with an empty bar & then keep on adding 5 kg to it till I reach my target weight - Which means usually 6-7 light sets lagaaa kar phir pehlaa heavy lagaataa hooon !

m.

how many months rest are we talking about here? i cant stay away from exercising for long.I strt hating myself:laughcry:

The 3 weeks what you have for physical therapy is sufficient enough. But after that take it easy with your exercises - Skip Chin ups for 2 months while swapping it with other exercises(if you are hitting gym and have assisted chin up machines do it with 1/2 your body weight or something or go for rowing exercise with less weights. You should not feel the uneasiness - if so stop it.

And at the end of the session, apply ice on your shoulder for 5 mins or so. Even a chilled waterbottle rolled over your injured shoulder will be helpful.

Bhai thoriii karniii thiii naaa....stick to fewer exercises & warm up properly !

I for example before even getting to the weight I'm supposed to bench for the day warm up with an empty bar & then keep on adding 5 kg to it till I reach my target weight - Which means usually 6-7 light sets lagaaa kar phir pehlaa heavy lagaataa hooon !

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/93692-health-fitness-thread-22.html#ixzz2etZTVIjN

u actually hit the nail right in the head, im really lazy when it comes to warm ups.I just do light stretches and boom seda max volume.

The 3 weeks what you have for physical therapy is sufficient enough. But after that take it easy with your exercises - Skip Chin ups for 2 months while swapping it with other exercises(if you are hitting gym and have assisted chin up machines do it with 1/2 your body weight or something or go for rowing exercise with less weights. You should not feel the uneasiness - if so stop it.

And at the end of the session, apply ice on your shoulder for 5 mins or so. Even a chilled waterbottle rolled over your injured shoulder will be helpful.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/93692-health-fitness-thread-22.html#ixzz2etaJqnn4

K thx mate ill try it see how it goes....But i dont think ill find a good therapist in Chandigarh.Ill have to do some self healing. Google here i come.

what the the difference actually, I think endurance is related to breathing.

muscular endurance - your muscles can keep repeating the same motion for an extended period of time without any changes in weight being lifted etc.

muscular strength - your muscles have the ability to lift heavier amounts & it has a partial work over towards muscular endurance as well for example lifting more would help you do more push ups but up till a certain point ! Similarly doing more push ups would help you lift a heavier weight but only up till a certain point.

Guys there is misconceptions among most of desi guys ...

"Most of us do sports to get fit, but in reality we must get fit to do sports!!"

This misconception is the root cause of most of sports related injuries.

u actually hit the nail right in the head, im really lazy when it comes to warm ups.I just do light stretches and boom seda max volume.

Dude warm up is essential - It helps a lot with injuries !

A friend of mine is able to Bench nearly 200 kgs & he hasn't had any problems because before getting there he always makes a routine to have already benched around 10-12 lighter sets !

Conversely another friend of mine can Bench, at most, 80 kg & hes already had Rotator Cuff problems because he simply stretches for a minute or two & then goes for the Heavy Set !

Guys there is misconceptions among most of desi guys ...

"Most of us do sports to get fit, but in reality we must get fit to do sports!!"

This misconception is the root cause of most of sports related injuries.

There is no misconception here - It is because we tend to overdo exercises and injure ourselves - happens with everyone - not just desis - I have not seen many weight trainers without going through a saga of injury especially above 30 year old ones.

And we learn from the mistakes to moderate ourselves.

muscular endurance - your muscles can keep repeating the same motion for an extended period of time without any changes in weight being lifted etc.

muscular strength - your muscles have the ability to lift heavier amounts & it has a partial work over towards muscular endurance as well for example lifting more would help you do more push ups but up till a certain point ! Similarly doing more push ups would help you lift a heavier weight but only up till a certain point.

So does it mean that going for muscular endurance is batter than muscular strength or vice verse?

I mean which one gives batter result at the end?

So does it mean that going for muscular endurance is batter than muscular strength or vice verse?

I mean which one gives batter result at the end?

Oh, I got the answer here.

Muscular strength and endurance are equally important, so there is no correct answer to this question. It depends on your level of fitness and what your fitness goals are. Strength and endurance can be improved with either program, especially if you understand the relation between the two. Muscular strength and endurance are closely related in that it requires a certain amount of strength to develop endurance.

For example, in order to develop upper body muscular endurance through pushups, you must have the strength to do at least one pushup. The inability to do a pushup is a lack of strength, not a lack of endurance. For the most part, the same exercises are used to increase muscular strength and endurance. The only difference is the amount of resistance and the number of repetitions one completes in a set. In general, muscular strength is best developed by high resistance (heavy weight) and low repetition (short time period) exercises, while muscular endurance is improved by using less resistance (low weight) and higher repetitions (or a longer time period).

Building Endurance Versus Sacrificing Strength

You can have strength without endurance. However, it is nearly impossible to develop muscular endurance without also developing strength. There are weightlifters who can bench press over 500 pounds, as long as they only have to push it up one time.

However, some of these lifters are unable to do twenty pushups. So endurance training supplemented with a weight program is beneficial. While training with low weight may not give you the strength to push up 500 pounds, it will give you the ability to deliver flurries of fast and effective kicks and strikes.

Application of Muscular Endurance to Krav Maga

If you don't knock an opponent out with your first punch, then you'd better have some endurance left to finish the fight. Also, if you don't have the stamina to run away when your options run out or to escape when you see an opportunity, you will have one less option for an exit strategy in a fight.

One way to examine endurance is to consider your ability to convert oxygen into energy and carry away the waste product — lactose. The build up of lactose in the cells is what gives you that burning feeling in your muscles as they begin to fail. Lactose that is not flushed out of the cells during the cool down after your workout is also partly responsible for causing you to wake up sore the next morning.
Which Is Better, Strength or Endurance? - Krav Maga for Fitness

800px-Exercise_zones.png

@Marshmallow , I've no quams about being called fat. For weight loss I would advice against HIIT, yes you read that right. From experience, HIIT does burn more fat (calories actually) but there are a couple of factors that must be taken into account. Firstly, HIIT requires HIIT: meaning your intensity should be 100-90% and it's really hard for most people to achieve that in workouts. Secondly, the body adapts within two weeks no matter what your level of fitness is so starting it earlier will make it harder and harder for progression.

Thirdly, HIIT makes you prone to injuries. Injury = no weight loss. It's better to go for a moderate-high aerobic workout ranging from at least 45-120 minutes and mixing it with mulitiple workouts throughout the day really helps (e.g. 45 mins in morning light, 1 hour evening hard etc.,) I would reccomend people going for elliplticals to lose fat, I have squatted 120 kgs still running made my knees hurt after 8 weeks, my doctor suggested going for low impact workouts. I would recommend that because losing over 10 kgs of weight drastically changes the body physiology and essentially your body is in a catabolic state (for many people this means healing for the body will be harder than usual that is also why recovering will be harder).

Also, be very, very clear: do you want to lose weight, lose fat or gain muscle or be toned these are different and require different techniques. For example, if you want to lose weight then keep your calories capped at around 1200-1500 cals (though it varies according to wieght) and give your body varaition with two days on 1200, 1 day on 1500, then 1200 then 1800, then 1200, 1200 and so on. That makes the body be tricked about the availibility of food and thus weight loss easier. Unless you have a problem like hyperuricemia (uric acid) then do not go for a high protien I would suggest making protiens no more than 40% maximum of your cals and that too with a lot of water (4-5 liters). Also eat complex carbs, healthy fats and be patient: reward yourself, have cheat meals, ask for support.

If you want to lose fat, then keep your calories where you can maintain your lean mass (usually 2000-2500 cals but calculate it) and then have a cardio session 4-5 times a week, keep them moderate to high intensity.

For toning, go for weight training, non-free weight training such as crunhes, pushups, pull ups, hacksquats work wonders for toning the body, Yoga has been shown to be perfect for hard to tone areas such as the glutes (butt).

For muscle gain eat a surplus calories but that should be mostly protiens keep sugars in check. Go for weight training but try to get at least 3x light to moderate cardio in.

For fatties like me I would suggest having focus on cardio, remember CALORIES ARE SUPREME! You can slack in terms of exercise but you cannot exercise your excess calories out. For that have substitutions: eat Fruitella (50 cals, fruit sugars) if you want to have ice cream and that's actually recommended. It makes losing weight easier if you are eating foods you like. If you want ice cream you can make some at home and get some good brands at Hyper and good stores just keep that the calories in check. Secondly, have fruits, have green tea, try to cap sugars (cookies, refined sugars) but I would say that if you need sugar in tea then take one tea spoon with tea in skimmed milk (that's about 60 cals) tab that in your calorie count don't go for fake sugar. Keep the cardio up and keep 2-3 toning sessions per week (crunches, pull ups, push ups the more the merrier start with 3 sets of 8 for each move up to 4 sets of 25 reps and 5 sets of 20). However, focus on weight and then aesthetics. And YES one last precaution: you need to change your lifestyle no diet is permanant. Have good days, have meals off and be healthy that's the precedence not thinness. You will feel great afterwards and oh yes it will takes 2 weeks for you to start notice the change. SO STICK WITH IT and GOOD LUCK!

wow ty jaibi for detail analysis......:police:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom