What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

I'm only 5'8 ! :cray:

But I'm stronger than you....when you can Bench Press 80kgs (without including the weight of the bar) than come back & brag about Strength Gains ! :P

Do you guys work the legs/lower body too?

guys talkin abt fitness n beauty:undecided:

What's wrong with being fit, strong and healthy?

Of course, I follow the 5x5 Workout Routine which includes 5 sets of 5 reps of Squats in every session !

Good stuff, too many people neglect their legs. And it's really quite impressive for a shorter lad to be benching 89+ kg.

On another note, had leg day yesterday, can't walk anymore. :(

So what exercises do you do there ?
It's ramzan so i only hit gym 5 days a week after eating my iftari. Start out with cardio by walking to the gym (around 20 minutes away) everyday. Monday is legs and abs day, Tuesday shoulders, Wednesday chest, triceps and abs, thursday legs again and friday is biceps and back day.

With the money, get yourself a weight gainer, oatmass and if you like a protein powder too. If your arms/legs/etc are sore after a workout grab yourself some BCAA pills and if you're usually gymming after work/study/etc get some pre-workout too.
I have ON Whey protein right now that I use after working out, will get the other stuff after ramazan comes to end. Thank you so much for your input.

It's ramzan so i only hit gym 5 days a week after eating my iftari. Start out with cardio by walking to the gym (around 20 minutes away) everyday. Monday is legs and abs day, Tuesday shoulders, Wednesday chest, triceps and abs, thursday legs again and friday is biceps and back day.

Dude - Don't do that BS Workouts where you isolate a muscle group & then train it on a given day !

Do compound exercises like the Overhead Press, Power Cleans (if the gym allows it), Deadlifts, Squats, Barbell Rows, Weighted Pull-Ups & stay away from the Machines....they don't do sh*t for you except badly neglecting your stabilizing muscles !

Do compound exercises like the Overhead Press, Power Cleans (if the gym allows it), Deadlifts, Squats, Barbell Rows, Weighted Pull-Ups & stay away from the Machines....they don't do sh*t for you except badly neglecting your stabilizing muscles !
I do all of those you have mentioned above (except overhead press and power cleans) , machines did help a lot when I started out but I moved away from them.

I do all of those you have mentioned above (except overhead press and power cleans) , machines did help a lot when I started out but I moved away from them.

Good...I suggest you make them the staple of your workout instead of exercises like the preacher curls or what not - Good for the biceps....sh*t for the rest of the body because they don't proportionally develop muscles. And don't do any more chest exercises besides the Bench Press unless you want to look like someone with a Bosom instead of a Chest do Isolation Exercises but if you want a functional body that actually looks nice go for Compound Exercises using Free-Weights !

Good stuff, too many people neglect their legs. And it's really quite impressive for a shorter lad to be benching 89+ kg.

On another note, had leg day yesterday, can't walk anymore. :(

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/93692-health-fitness-thread-17.html#ixzz2Zc1UEbmu

the shorter u are the easer it gets to bench ,deadlift,squat. less range of motion. Just something i though id point out.

But i cant do more than a 60-70 on my bench my shoulders start to ache no matter how much i turn my elbows in..impressive on Armstrongs part.

im much stronger with dumbbells tho.

Good...I suggest you make them the staple of your workout instead of exercises like the preacher curls or what not - Good for the biceps....sh*t for the rest of the body because they don't proportionally develop muscles. And don't do any more chest exercises besides the Bench Press unless you want to look like someone with a Bosom instead of a Chest do Isolation Exercises but if you want a functional body that actually looks nice go for Compound Exercises using Free-Weights !

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/93692-health-fitness-thread-17.html#ixzz2Zc2R74r4

yeap good stuff,

compuond is the way to go in conjunction with high volume.

the shorter u are the easer it gets to bench ,deadlift,squat. less range of motion. Just something i though id point out.

But i cant do more than a 60-70 on my bench my shoulders start to ache no matter how much i turn my elbows in..impressive on Armstrongs part.

im much stronger with dumbbells tho.

yeap good stuff,

compuond is the way to go in conjunction with high volume.

Nah mate, not true.

People with smaller frames typically find it harder to put on muscle.

I'm only 5'10'' but I'm benching upwards of 160 whereas my mate who got me into the gym scene in the first place is 5'8'' and has trouble benching 110, the guy is far more dedicated than me, eats cleaner etc etc.

Question about swimming --> Is it going to help in reducing my stomach size or do I need to chose exercises that targets that specific area?

Question about swimming --> Is it going to help in reducing my stomach size or do I need to chose exercises that targets that specific area?

swimmin wud reduce ur over all body but abbs fats r da most tuff ones to reduce so u hav to do exercises for abbz reduction

Back
Top Bottom