What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Marsha Betaa the reason why you need to do Ab Exercisers is not to get rid of the fat but to get your over-worked & over-flowing stomach to digest the tonnes of food you just ate ! :P

it is to tighten da abbz muscles yes but thn dats wht we call Abzz reduction ? :P when muscles r streched,u wudnt b havin xtra or over flowin fat there :meeting: khud ho tu nai ho jaey ge by just swimmin n diet control...thez two things wudnt add xtra fat to already xisted fat but wud not b able to reduce da flowin one :P

got it?

it is to tighten da abbz muscles yes but thn dats wht we call Abzz reduction ? :P when muscles r streched,u wudnt b havin xtra or over flowin fat there :meeting: khud ho tu nai ho jaey ge by just swimmin n diet control...thez two things wudnt add xtra fat to already xisted fat but wud not b able to reduce da flowin one :P

got it?

Absolute Nonsense ! :lol:

Fat on the abs or anywhere else on your body is due to more calories consumed than you burn - Take care of that equation by either burning more or consuming less or a combination of the two & you'd loose fat....also from around the waist !

Question about swimming --> Is it going to help in reducing my stomach size or do I need to chose exercises that targets that specific area?

net caloric deficit is the key --- it will uniformly remove fat from your entire body -- why men have more fat at stomach and women at butt/thighs is due to recepters-- certain fatburners say that they target these receptors however results are not very dramatic regarding fat burning at only one specific area

low carb high protien meals--- still under your daily caloric requirements will help you in reaching your goals alongwith an high intensity interval cardio + compound exercises

Absolute Nonsense ! :lol:

Fat on the abs or anywhere else on your body is due to more calories consumed than you burn - Take care of that equation by either burning more or consuming less or a combination of the two & you'd loose fat....also from around the waist !

tu wht does doin excercise mean?:lol: calories burn when u do any xcercise:lol: n also by doin walks!!

or is it dat ur calories dun burn n u hav to burn it by sittin on a stove ? haha:lol:

@Marshmallow ,this is not naswar corner -- people genuinely ask questions and would like answers which are helpful without one liner slang posts

please post in a bit more constructive manner as I am sure you are fully capable to do
ty

Last edited by a moderator:
@ANTIBODY

Is doing Push up is cardio?

I do light exercise without any instrument, as I always look for a balance among time, money, food, and fitness.

I have not taken advice of any expert, but here are my own combination of items:

a. Warm up + Stretching [6 minutes]
b. 100 jogging + 200 rope jumping [4 minutes]
c. Rest [8 min]
d. 40 push up in one go - normal distance between two hands [2 min]
e. Rest + 5 deep breathing [8 min]
f. 40 push up in one go - wide distance between two hands [2 min]
g. Rest + 5 deep breathing [8 min]
h. 40 push up in one go - no distance between two hands [2 min]

TOTAL= 40 minutes of exercise everyday [but if I get lazy then I do exercise in every two days]

Reasons of exercise: to feel confidant and to fight with depression, not for muscles pumping, and I feel very good.

I'm going to start gymming for the first time in my life, How should I proceed?

Me too but in my case I did gymming before while playing rugby with general guidance but never done alone. I need some advice.

if you tell your goals, then someone can give you proper advice. Do u want to build muscle, or just for fitness?

@ANTIBODY

Is doing Push up is cardio?

push ups is one of the several upper body compound exercises

select 5-6 compound exercises for whole body, complete those exercises in 2-3 days ----- swap these compound exercises with different compound exercises hitting the same regions, after 2 months or whenever you reach plateau

if you tell your goals, then someone can give you proper advice. Do u want to build muscle, or just for fitness?

First to achieve some level of fitness by burning belly fat and then build some muscles.

the most common compound exercises are very safe and can be done with either dumbell or barbell or even with tension strings -- as they employ a large number of muscles, there is not dangerously huge stress on one isolated muscle thus less chances of injury

the selection of the 6 compound exercises which cover your entire body depends on your goals and the equipment available to you

There was a time I used to jog/run 7KM, 75 pushups (50-25 of two types) and 75 pulls of dumbbells (each arm, 7KG, four different types). Some various back and lower abdomen exercises were also included. Developed instant 6-packs (with half-built 8-pack) after fourth continuous day of 7KM jog.

Now after Eid, I plan to resume the routine with increased jog length to 10 KM. (I usually used to end my 7KM route from between 40-55 minutes).

Back
Top Bottom