What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

what weights are you using on each dumbbell?

For curls?

35kg whilst bulking.

I've stopped bulking however, working on cutting now so here's a picture of me hammer curling 25kg.

156921_531483716864371_844537258_n.jpg

For curls?

35kg whilst bulking.

I've stopped bulking however, working on cutting now so here's a picture of me hammer curling 25kg.

156921_531483716864371_844537258_n.jpg

ohh my :woot:

bhai tu to body builder hai

i can curl for like 5 reps with 10 KG before by arm starts shaking

ohh my :woot:

bhai tu to body builder hai

i can curl for like 5 reps with 10 KG before by arm starts shaking

LOL nah mate, engineer through and through.

I started with 9kgx8x3sets before muscle failure when I started gymming just over a year ago.

Keep at it, hit the gym EVERY second day, NEVER get lazy, eat as much as you can, you should NEVER stop eating, even if its only junk food.

Sometimes I turn up to the gym eating McDonalds in front of the lads on the treadmill, just for the laughs.

LOL nah mate, engineer through and through.

I started with 9kgx8x3sets before muscle failure when I started gymming just over a year ago.

Keep at it, hit the gym EVERY second day, NEVER get lazy, eat as much as you can, you should NEVER stop eating, even if its only junk food.

Sometimes I turn up to the gym eating McDonalds in front of the lads on the treadmill, just for the laughs.

so how long you took to shape up like this?

@kbd-raaf Respect :tup:

Whats your opinion on this work out ?

I am doing it 3 times a week, rest of the week is reserved for running (6.5 kms at least on each run). I have been doing it for a couple of months now, but I am doing 50 regular push ups instead of the clapping ones.

I am doing it with 15 kgs.. but made a rest since I am on "vacation" and not in India currently. I will resume to my schedule after I come back to Kerala next month.

PS: I weigh 65 kg and I am 1.82 cm high... and I fear that my diet does not have enough proteins... I am eating meat 3-4 times a week and some protein powder to "reinforce" it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am doing it 3 times a week, rest of the week is reserved for running (6.5 kms at least on each run). I have been doing it for a couple of months now, but I am doing 50 regular push ups instead of the clapping ones.

I am doing it with 15 kgs.. but made a rest since I am on "vacation" and not in India currently. I will resume to my schedule after I come back to Kerala next month.

PS: I weigh 65 kg and I am 1.82 cm high... and I fear that my diet does not have enough proteins... I am eating meat 3-4 times a week and some protein powder to "reinforce" it.

Depends what you are aiming for, bulking up, lifting strength or toning? If you want bigger biceps you should "run the rack" google it or youtube it. As for food, i don't know if you chaps can eat meat or not, if not unsweetened porridge will give you a very high protein content, in fact a single serving of porridge with water has about 11.5 grams of protein in it.

You should not take Cretine as it will cause water retention and you will look puffy like a fat palwan and not look toned. Instead focus on clean lean gain, if you are doing cardio the rest of 4 days then you will not bulk up as much, since you actually burn muscle as you do cardio when you go into anaerobic state.

So decide which direction you want to go, if you want to look big like Sanjay but not toned like Salman then you just go for a quick gain, if you want great Amir Khan looking results, then go for a healthy clean gain coupled with a mix of cardio and bicep exercised.

Tip: Rowing Machine is the best cardio and will buff up your core muscle area and give you a full body workout.

Don't forget to drink water.

:)

Depends what you are aiming for, bulking up, lifting strength or toning? If you want bigger biceps you should "run the rack" google it or youtube it. As for food, i don't know if you chaps can eat meat or not, if not unsweetened porridge will give you a very high protein content, in fact a single serving of porridge with water has about 11.5 grams of protein in it.

You should not take Cretine as it will cause water retention and you will look puffy like a fat palwan and not look toned. Instead focus on clean lean gain, if you are doing cardio the rest of 4 days then you will not bulk up as much, since you actually burn muscle as you do cardio when you go into anaerobic state.

So decide which direction you want to go, if you want to look big like Sanjay but not toned like Salman then you just go for a quick gain, if you want great Amir Khan looking results, then go for a healthy clean gain coupled with a mix of cardio and bicep exercised.

Tip: Rowing Machine is the best cardio and will buff up your core muscle area and give you a full body workout.

Don't forget to drink water.

:)

Thanks for the reply :)

I am aiming for a good allround result, kinda like Amir Khan as you said ^^.

I know that my running isnt really gonna help to build more muscle, but I am usually training in the aerobic are except when I am using the interval method or play soccer.

And I do eat meat, which kind of meat do you suggest? And how many grams per day?

@Koovie,

Sir basically you want to stick to the 6 small meals a day rule with 2/3 hour intervals. Portion control should always be 4:2:4:
4 Carbs 2 Fats 2 Protines. Meat, well Chicken is the best in my opinion, it is lean and high in protein, but lacks iron, you should supplement with iron tablets (consult your daktar first :P )

Portion control, you should aim to have about 300/350 grams of protine per day. Basically the safe bet is 1.5 grams per Lb (your weight).

Here this will help:
PhysiqueFX BMR and Calorie Needs Calculators

Personally I like splitting my work out over the week, restricting each day to a couple of muscle groups. In fact that video completely skips over any lower body exercises. You don't want to have huge arms and chicken legs, a balanced workout is essential.

Personally I don't work out to get 'big', I do it to become more athletic, therefore I tend to focus less on arms and more on chest, back and core.

10 Week Mass Building Program | Muscle & Strength

A quick google reveals the above.

If you're 65kg and ~5'10'' you're probably looking at gaining lean mass, so eating enough is important, make sure you eat throughout the day and lift HEAVY. What kind of protein powder are you using?

Meat wise: Chicken breast is amazing, as is any other lean meat like beef and mutton stay away from pork etc.

From @RescueRanger post: I would suggest going for what he calls the 'Amir Khan' look, healthy gains while doing enough cardio to remain fit. I would suggest playing a sport like basketball.

I agree that the rowing machine is great cardio, however if you don't have access to one, playing basketball is best.

You wouldn't believe the number of people I know who have made massive gains recently but struggle to run 1km. What is the point of being huge if running to the bus stop is going to kill you?

Personally, I'm Bengali, if I relied on my mum's cooking I'd be eating fish and rice every day. Chances are you might need to start shopping and cooking for yourself, you need to commit to doing that if you want to get the nutrition you need.

PS: Don't forget to post progress pictures.

Personally I like splitting my work out over the week, restricting each day to a couple of muscle groups. In fact that video completely skips over any lower body exercises. You don't want to have huge arms and chicken legs, a balanced workout is essential.

Personally I don't work out to get 'big', I do it to become more athletic, therefore I tend to focus less on arms and more on chest, back and core.

10 Week Mass Building Program | Muscle & Strength

A quick google reveals the above.

If you're 65kg and ~5'10'' you're probably looking at gaining lean mass, so eating enough is important, make sure you eat throughout the day and lift HEAVY. What kind of protein powder are you using?

Meat wise: Chicken breast is amazing, as is any other lean meat like beef and mutton stay away from pork etc.

From @RescueRanger post: I would suggest going for what he calls the 'Amir Khan' look, healthy gains while doing enough cardio to remain fit. I would suggest playing a sport like basketball.

I agree that the rowing machine is great cardio, however if you don't have access to one, playing basketball is best.

You wouldn't believe the number of people I know who have made massive gains recently but struggle to run 1km. What is the point of being huge if running to the bus stop is going to kill you?

Personally, I'm Bengali, if I relied on my mum's cooking I'd be eating fish and rice every day. Chances are you might need to start shopping and cooking for yourself, you need to commit to doing that if you want to get the nutrition you need.

PS: Don't forget to post progress pictures.

Thanks for the reply,

slitting my program seems to be a good idea, though I dont really like to work out my legs since I need to rest them because of my running (4 times a week a 6.5 to 8km), and they are already decent in mass^^.

That link looks promising... I will definitely try it after coming back home :)

I am using 15 kg dumbells and can curl them with 15 reps max. I guess I should go to a higher weight ?

@RescueRanger 300/350 grams of protein :O ???? that looks quite harsh

If I want to eat 1.5 grams per kg of my weight it would be around 100 grams.

I doubt that I can eat 300 grams per day ^^

How much do you eat?

Thanks for the reply,

slitting my program seems to be a good idea, though I dont really like to work out my legs since I need to rest them because of my running (4 times a week a 6.5 to 8km), and they are already decent in mass^^.

I am using 15 kg dumbells and can curl them with 15 reps max. I guess I should go to a higher weight ?

How much do you eat?

Normally i just keep to 1 small portion of Meat per day for my main this i supplement with some courgettes or other root vegetable and some carbs like brown pasta or brown rice, if you can't get brown rice you can also have semolina, don't eat too much bread.

The rest of the meals i have porridge (unsweetened without milk) when at home. For me its more about total body workout because i like bouldering and bulk can weigh you down in that sport. Choose a diet that suits you, one that you can be comfortable with and then keep that up.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks for the reply,

How much do you eat?

Yup you don't want to be doing more than 10 reps per set.

I would suggest getting a pair of 18kg dumb bells, doing a set of 10, moving down to 16kg for 2 sets of 8. This should cause those tears in your muscles that help it to grow.

Back
Top Bottom