What's new

The growing community of Pakistani Texans

lol, Pakistani Americans are not the most nationalistic people or keep nationalism in their private lives
Cringe. They should start wearing ethnic dresses from Pakistan and dancing in front of the White House like our Indian friends!

Some of them Gorey are so clueless it's beyond belief. You ask an educated Gorey guy to point at China on a map, and they can't, that is US Middle class for you. Some of them are dumber than a second coat of paint.
True. They are....................... 8-)

I want to move to NJ, NY or TX or UK there's more Punjabis there too. Taxes are cheap. Housing cheap almost same Midwest prices for homes, not crazy like NY, CA or SanFran.
Good jobs available etc.

If anyone here lives in Houston what is the racism like? Since it's a Southern state a lot of Chicago muslims generally say the racism there could be worse. Or is it okay in a city like Houston?

I want to move to NJ, NY or TX or UK there's more Punjabis there too. Taxes are cheap. Housing cheap almost same Midwest prices for homes, not crazy like NY, CA or SanFran.
Good jobs available etc.

If anyone here lives in Houston what is the racism like? Since it's a Southern state a lot of Chicago muslims generally say the racism there could be worse. Or is it okay in a city like Houston?

Houston is the most diverse and cosmopolitan of all Texas cities, even more so than Austin, which is an 'educated' city.

Number of racist hicks is low in Houston (lot of Pakistanis there for many generations).

Hicks actually control the city of Dallas since they have oil money. There was a TV drama in the eighties on it. Dallas has a lot of anti-Muslim evangelical Christians too but some of them like that Muslims are conservatives. @Avicenna bhai lives there, he might know better.

You might hate living in NY Long Island or California because of high living costs (property prices) but your higher income usually matches the property prices. And your disposable income left after paying taxes will be higher too, especially in Northern California where salaries are twice that of Southern California, especially in the tech sector.

In some areas of Southern California (inland empire) property prices are no higher than in Texas, and you can raise your kids in a less racist environment if you have a family. And your salary will be higher than in Texas.

Funny thing is, California prices for food/produce such as aloo, bengan and gajjar (in fact any produce) is actually cheaper than Bangladesh and Pakistan. And much higher quality.

There are many, many mosques in California and Muslims have more freedom I believe to practice their religion along with anyone else, compared to other places in the US. Of course pockets of racism will exist everywhere. Sometimes I have seen 5000 people attend very large Eid congregations in some Southern California locations.

Last edited:
Houston is the most diverse and cosmopolitan of all Texas cities, even more so than Austin, which is an 'educated' city.

Number of racist hicks is low in Houston (lot of Pakistanis there for many generations).

Hicks actually control the city of Dallas since they have oil money. There was a TV drama in the eighties on it. Dallas has a lot of anti-Muslim evangelical Christians too but some of them like that Muslims are conservatives. @Avicenna bhai lives there, he might know better.

You might hate living in NY Long Island or California because of high living costs (property prices) but your higher income usually matches the property prices.

In some areas of Southern California (inland empire) prices are no higher than in Texas, and you can raise your kids in a less racist environment if you have a family. And your salary will be higher than in Texas.

There are many, many mosques in California and Muslims have more freedom I believe to practice their religion along with anyone else, compared to other places in the US. Of course pockets of racism will exist everywhere.
Honestly I'm getting to an age where I want to get married have kids and have my own family. Recently whenever I look at children/babies. I feel a deep need inside of me to have a continuation of my self. Can't explain it makes me feel very very sentimental. Idk if anyone here has experienced something similar.

You might hate living in NY Long Island or California because of high living costs (property prices) but your higher income usually matches the property prices. And your disposable income left after paying taxes will be higher too, especially in Northern California where salaries are twice that of Southern California, especially in the tech sector.

In some areas of Southern California (inland empire) prices are no higher than in Texas, and you can raise your kids in a less racist environment if you have a family. And your salary will be higher than in Texas.

There are many, many mosques in California and Muslims have more freedom I believe to practice their religion along with anyone else, compared to other places in the US. Of course pockets of racism will exist everywhere. Sometimes I have seen 5000 people attend very large Eid congregations in some Southern California locations.
I've heard a lot about Anaheim in California for muslims. All I know is it's right next to Disneyland. California state taxes pretty high man. Otherwise I'd love to be in California. People with 6 figs even live in their cars in Cali.

What state you in btw? NY? A lot of Bengalis in NYC and upstate NY
God Bless America. Lots of Racism here in Canada against brown people.
Really?? I thought Canada was much safer than US for brown people.

I guess there's always gonna be a nutter cracker somewhere hating on people.

Honestly I'm getting to an age where I want to get married have kids and have my own family. Recently whenever I look at children/babies. I feel a deep need inside of me to have a continuation of my self. Can't explain it makes me feel very very sentimental. Idk if anyone here has experienced something similar.

I've heard a lot about Anaheim in California for muslims. All I know is it's right next to Disneyland. California state taxes pretty high man. Otherwise I'd love to be in California. People with 6 figs even live in their cars in Cali.

Anaheim is okay but cities in Southern California vary in their quality of residents (income level). Some pockets of Pakistanis and Arabs exist in Anaheim and lot of Halal shops are there too. Housing in Anaheim is cheaper but it is not the best city in the area to raise kids (too many low income people live there).

Tustin is a better middle income city in Orange County (other similar cities are Brea, Yorba Linda, Fullerton). A lot of Indians and Pakistanis live in Tustin, which is close to another very high-income city, Irvine. Higher income Desis live in Irvine too. Tustin and Irvine are ideal cities to raise kids but are a bit expensive property-wise. However these are a lot less expensive than almost anyplace in Northern California.

This is an open air mall in Tustin which has a lot of new housing.

These residential cities are about 40 miles south of Downtown LA.

I live on the other side of LA so could not tell you a whole lot about OC or San Diego.

Last edited:

I'm a New Yorker, but I moved to Texas several years ago.

If I had alot of money I would have stayed in NY.

But considering all the things you had mentioned, perhaps moving to a suburb of Dallas or Houston may be good.

Austin is nice but overrated in my opinion and homes are super expensive.

Also consider South Texas, such as San Antonio and McAllen.

Both have really nice weather and are still not too popular yet.

NY is awesome but super expensive and day to day life is much more difficult there than in other places in my opinion.

In some areas of Southern California (inland empire) property prices are no higher than in Texas, and you can raise your kids in a less racist environment if you have a family. And your salary will be higher than in Texas.

Funny thing is, California prices for food/produce such as aloo, bengan and gajjar (in fact any produce) is actually cheaper than Bangladesh and Pakistan. And much higher quality.

California is the bread basket of US. Most of the produce supplied to the US comes from CA.

Irony is CA is turning fast into a desert. Parts of it are drying up real fast.
Yes. Historic droughts and over population. But majority of the water for agriculture comes from the Colorado river and fed with snows from the Rockies and Sierra Nevada mountains. But things are really bad across the whole west coast. Massive forest fires all across the western states.

California is the bread basket of US. Most of the produce supplied to the US comes from CA.

Yes that is true - but more fruits (especially citrus), nuts and vegetables than bulk grain like corn, wheat and maize. California produces more expensive and innovative produce, like organic varieties. Innovative agricultural practices (especially novel irrigation methods) and good weather both help.

More here,

Yes. Historic droughts and over population. But majority of the water for agriculture comes from the Colorado river and fed with snows from the Rockies and Sierra Nevada mountains. But things are really bad across the whole west coast. Massive forest fires all across the western states.

Going forward we have to be very serious about water conservation in California.

As you have noticed probably, they won't automatically give you a glass of water at restaurants unless asked and most public restaurants are by now equipped with hands-free touchless faucets which turn off automatically.
iu

Most in-house sprinkler controller will also not turn on when it is raining outside (rain-sense).

I thought of moving there, but some says that the prices of homes and rent is high... what is the situation of jobs? will it be easy for someone with Masters from Pakistan with 5 years bank and 2 years IT experience to get a decent job in texas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom