What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Superpowers are switching roles. Now China and Russia will spit crap about terrorism to achieve their goals in middle east at the expense of Muslims. But we are responsible of our own decline.

I quite don't understand why some Chinese flag bearer are angry at Turkey , specially since Turkey and China are no where near each other

Chinese over here complain that Uighurs (probably separatist faction) are supported by Turkey while Turks are denying that. Chinese are not warmongers, the Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi called for Peace in Syria. Thats what we Pakistanis are also advocating for. I hope Pakistan and China can reduce the tensions b/w Turkey and Russia as Pakistan has influence over Turkey while China has on Russia.

Chinese over here complain that Uighurs (probably separatist faction) are supported by Turkey while Turks are denying that. Chinese are not warmongers, the Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi called for Peace in Syria. Thats what we Pakistanis are also advocating for. I hope Pakistan and China can reduce the tensions b/w Turkey and Russia as Pakistan has influence over Turkey while China has on Russia.

The Turks have supported Uyghur terrorism for hundreds of years. It's not a recent thing. They do this because they see the Chinese people as being weak pushovers they can bully for 0 political cost.

It's time they felt sharp pain for their actions so they can be denied this delusion once and for all.

Superpowers are switching roles. Now China and Russia will spit crap about terrorism to achieve their goals in middle east at the expense of Muslims. But we are responsible of our own decline.

what will be Pakistan's stance in this changing scenario.Now China will not be most loved country of Muslims for too long as China will always support Russia against Turkey

If Chinese lack ambition to become a superpower, we will (deservedly) only become super poor.

This is a sink or swim world. If you do not swim, you sink. Everyone is a shark. Eat or be eaten. I don't know why all the KMT sympathizers and right wings always look back and say "oh things are soo different now". Sharks don't look back. They don't have necks. You know who have necks? Animals who get eaten by sharks. Be the shark.

Why is the J-15 called the Flying Shark and not the Flying Unicorn of Happiness? Exactly.

Quoted for truth.

China welcome Russia ... just Russian won't like this, their popular much less than Chinese ... we r strategic partners not a super-power. Just right now they hate American more than Chinese.

Last edited:
Unnecessary, just behind Russia.

When Uighurs carrying Turkey passports, through Turkey into Syria, and some XinJiang separatism H.Q in Turkey city ... everything just proved Turkey playing dirty to China ... the solution is China will play it too, u hurt China and China will hurt u badly. Kurds will be the only winner after ISIS rising, it seems all Top5 support that. Chinese is not the blind & not fool, my friend ! China won't let the fire in our home like XinJiang, just lead the fire into their garden, it's flexible diplomacy.
rrth6A.jpg

8bf24e70-3bc5-4c6b-b026-3b2153ceb463.jpg

Last edited:
Unnecessary, just behind Russia.

When Uighurs carrying Turkey passports, through Turkey into Syria, and some XinJiang separatism H.Q in Turkey city ... everything just proved Turkey playing dirty to China ... the solution is China will play it too, u hurt China and China will hurt u badly. Kurds will be the only winner after ISIS rising, it seems all Top5 support that. Chinese is not the blind & not fool, my friend ! China won't let the fire in our home like XinJiang, just lead the fire into their garden, it's flexible diplomacy.
View attachment 276682
View attachment 276683

Turkey has been supporting the ETIM but China has been powerless to stop it. Turkey does that because it feels China won't do anything.

Without sanctions China cannot hurt Turkey.

China lacks the ruthless streak of a USA, Russia, France, UK, Japan, Turkey. Without that ruthless streak, countries think you are weak and always challenge you. There is no fear factor. This can be seen by even small countries in Asia not afraid to bully China knowing China is too nice to do anything. The no-first-use nuclear policy shows a very timid mentality in China. In 1962, China beat India and retreated instead of taking the land. It missed the moment and now will never get South Tibet back. Even against a weak Japan in the past China didn't finish off the Japanese. Once Japan got strong in the 20th century, it made China pay a very heavy price for its kindness.

Russia didn't even apply that much sanctions on Turkey, it was the intent of their actions that showed the world that Russia cannot be pushed around. 1 Russian death was enough to get a tough response, forget about the effectiveness of the sanctions, its the intent of the response, you mess with Russia, Russia will push back. America who is a ruthless country always challenges China in China's backyard because it knows China won't lift a finger.

Countries can hurt China, but China won't do anything. That's what the world sees. China is too nice and kind hearted to do anything. China lacks the ruthless mentality, that fear factor to intimidate. That intimidating factor is a major deterrence because a USA or Russia will use disproportionate force to punish sending a psychological message of "don't ever f*** with me or you will get a response in no uncertain terms".

Post #18 by @TheTruth nailed it. Sadly its not just the Turks that think Chinese people are weak pushovers and can bully with 0 political cost....its every country that thinks this way of China. His view is the prevailing view of China by others.

My poll was an experiment where I wanted to find out the mentality of people.

Killer instinct is important in a world full of ruthless hyenas.

hyena_photograph.jpg

Last edited:
Why not just ignore the Turks?

The Turks have their hands full with Russia and Greece (e.g. violating Greek airspace about 2,000 times last year).

Obviously, the Turks have too much free time on their hands. Let them play their little games. It has no effect on China.

China's national policy is very clear. The South China Sea is a red line.

Focusing your resources and attention on truly important matters is logical. The South China Sea is 3 million square kilometers of resources. East Turkestan is never going anywhere.

Just like @Martian2 said , why should china join into sanctioning Turkey just because it wants to follow Russia's lead? Lol
Makes no sense. You should all note that China is still a DEVELOPING COUNTRY like my friend @Chinese-Dragon said in another similar thread. So this means China still needs time to developed and mature before it can start adopting such economic policies against other countries. Doing so now will simply dampen China's economy and international standing/business confidence . There is no reason China should even think about sanctioning Turkey, since contrary to what people might think , the turkish government doesn't on any way supports terrorist groups in xijiang. Just because some turkish ultra nationalists are going out of their way to remotely provide support to the it girls doesn't means they are backed by the Turkish government. If that was the case , then we might as well deduce that Pakistani government is also supporting uygur terrorists groups against China , since there are quite a few Pakistani who sympathise with their Muslim uygurs brothers suffering oppression at the hands of the commie Chinese government, reason there have been reports of uygurs terrorists sheltering in Pakistan and carrying out attacks in China. Does that means the Pakistani government support these groups?? Obviously no.

So we should avoid getting emotional on such issues. At least your leaders are more level headed/pragmatic reason they will never do such a childish thing which will harm them more than anything for no good reason.:). Plus it will be politically damaging for China as well, since China has been the one speaking out against western power use of sanctions for a while now. I will like to see the Chinese criticise Russia's use of sanctions as well though. Lol I know that will never happen. Lol

Anyway..,,Let Russia and Western powers keep on with their sanctions stuffs. They both know why they are using such methods. Not sure if Russia knows what it's getting itself into though. :(

Turkey has been supporting the ETIM but China has been powerless to stop it. Turkey does that because it feels China won't do anything.

Without sanctions China cannot hurt Turkey.

China lacks the ruthless streak of a USA, Russia, France, UK, Japan, Turkey. Without that ruthless streak, countries think you are weak and always challenge you. There is no fear factor. This can be seen by even small countries in Asia not afraid to bully China knowing China is too nice to do anything. The no-first-use nuclear policy shows a very timid mentality in China. In 1962, China beat India and retreated instead of taking the land. It missed the moment and now will never get South Tibet back. Even against a weak Japan in the past China didn't finish off the Japanese. Once Japan got strong in the 20th century, it made China pay a very heavy price for its kindness.

Russia didn't even apply that much sanctions on Turkey, it was the intent of their actions that showed the world that Russia cannot be pushed around. 1 Russian death was enough to get a tough response, forget about the effectiveness of the sanctions, its the intent of the response, you mess with Russia, Russia will push back. America who is a ruthless country always challenges China in China's backyard because it knows China won't lift a finger.

Countries can hurt China, but China won't do anything. That's what the world sees. China is too nice and kind hearted to do anything. China lacks the ruthless mentality, that fear factor to intimidate. That intimidating factor is a major deterrence because a USA or Russia will use disproportionate force to punish sending a psychological message of "don't ever f*** with me or you will get a response in no uncertain terms".

Post #18 by @TheTruth nailed it. Sadly its not just the Turks that think Chinese people are weak pushovers and can bully with 0 political cost....its every country that thinks this way of China. His view is the prevailing view of China by others.

Killer instinct is important in a world full of ruthless hyenas.

My poll was an experiment where I wanted to find out the mentality of people.
My friend, China need playing the flexible diplomacy to solve such problem ... making friends and using friend-relationship to help us is the best way ... China has many Diplomat cards in hand and China is also a big arms export dealer. Turkey isn't the main rival for China, no need waste too much attention to them, i had said Turkey also has their own troubles inside home and near the border. When u can depend on friends to solve ur problem, just support them no need standing in front.

Compared with Guns & Killing, the Benefits & Economy is the most powerful weapon for us to find the right agent working for u. I do believe the U.S 100% understand how to use this, China also knew how to use this to help us.
p1543016916.jpg

Last edited:
There are two paradigms.

Chinese are pragmatic. A small problem (e.g. Turkish support for Uighur terrorists) deserves a small response.

Americans are more ideological. They'll impose economic sanctions on anyone. The United States imposed sanctions on Cuba for 50 years. The US also imposed sanctions on Iran, Venezuela, and even China.

For example, China cannot purchase American satellite parts.

Looking at the American track record, we can see that it didn't work.

Thus, being rational, economic sanctions should be avoided. If Turkey had shot down a Chinese jet then sanctions would be appropriate. However, Russia can take care of itself. Let the Russians impose sanctions on Turkey.

Furthermore, the Russians have refrained from suspending the South Stream joint project between Turkey and Russia. If the Russians aren't willing to go all the way, why would you do their work for them?

Finally, Russia has not asked China for sanctions help.

In conclusion, never get into the middle of other people's fights. China's primary goal remains national development. After China becomes as wealthy as Americans (circa $55,000 per capita GDP), we can talk about behaving like Americans at that time. Not now.

There are two paradigms.

Chinese are pragmatic. A small problem (e.g. Turkish support for Uighur terrorists) deserves a small response.

Americans are more ideological. They'll impose economic sanctions on anyone. The United States imposed sanctions on Cuba for 50 years. The US also imposed sanctions on Iran, Venezuela, and even China.

For example, China cannot purchase American satellite parts.

Looking at the American track record, we can see that it didn't work.

Thus, being rational, economic sanctions should be avoided. If Turkey had shot down a Chinese jet then sanctions would be appropriate. However, Russia can take care of itself. Let the Russians impose sanctions on Turkey.

Furthermore, the Russians have refrained from suspending the South Stream joint project between Turkey and Russia. If the Russians aren't willing to go all the way, why would you do their work for them?

Finally, Russia has not asked China for sanctions help.

In conclusion, never get into the middle of other people's fights. China's primary goal remains national development. After China becomes as wealthy as Americans (circa $55,000 per capita GDP), we can talk about behaving like Americans at that time. Not now.
Does China really need that higher per capita GDP (circa $55,000) ?! I think 1.4billion Chinese over $10,000 per capita GDP, already can make China GDP higher than U.S's ... and RMB & 'Made in China' can produce 95% what we needs.

My personal opinion is , when Chinese per capita GDP to reach $10,000~$20,000 ... there will be another new China, the world will be shocked !

Turkey is part of China's railway transport network to Europe. Russia is not.

For 25 years, the Russians have always said "nyet" to China's proposals to build a railway transport route to Europe.

Instead, China has now formed a railway transport system to Europe via Central Asian states and Turkey.

In my opinion, Turkey is arguably a better business partner for China than Russia. The Russians have said "nyet" too many times. China should keep working with other countries, including Turkey.
----------

Agenda.ge - Cargo from China to Europe will pass through Georgia, bypassing Russia

"Turkey and China together with Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Georgia have formed a syndicate to transport cargo from China to Europe, bypassing Russia.

Representatives of large transport logistic operators from Turkey, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Lithuania signed a deal cementing the multi-national partnership on November 28, 2015 in Turkey, Istanbul."

Yv84Lda.jpg

I have always suspect that the cancellation of the US3.4 billion missile deal by Turkey is in fact an initiative of China to let Turkey to save her face.

China may no longer be interested to sell or help Turkey with its advance weaponry modernization program.

Turkey is part of China's railway transport network to Europe. Russia is not.

For 25 years, the Russians have always said "nyet" to China's proposals to build a railway transport route to Europe.

Instead, China has now formed a railway transport system to Europe via Central Asian states and Turkey.

In my opinion, Turkey is arguably a better business partner for China than Russia. The Russians have said "nyet" too many times. China should keep working with other countries, including Turkey.
----------

Agenda.ge - Cargo from China to Europe will pass through Georgia, bypassing Russia

"Turkey and China together with Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Georgia have formed a syndicate to transport cargo from China to Europe, bypassing Russia.

Representatives of large transport logistic operators from Turkey, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Lithuania signed a deal cementing the multi-national partnership on November 28, 2015 in Turkey, Istanbul."

Yv84Lda.jpg

But with the sanction against Russia by USA and some of her allies, there are great business opportunities for China-Russia trade and hence an alternative route may be proposed in addition to the original silk route destination is completed.

The Chinese are very pragmatic and realistic.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom