What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

For the PLAAF, purchasing the Su-35 is a win-win. They will not only get a highly capable new aircraft, they will also acquire get an engine that has the power to make their sophisticated new J-20 a world-class fighter.
thediplomat_2015-06-01_01-32-52-386x257.jpg

The deal is still pretty much a speculation. So, anything said on this would be an extension of that. I am not sure of the strategic implications as well as possibility of any other deal. There is a whole strategic community in each great nation to make such calculations.

I am more on the real side of international politics. Something happens then it is meaningful for me. Otherwise, history holds countless possibilities.

Of course not each. It is the total alleged price. And still the figures are likely subject to change.

Lol then why even bother to reply $2 billion? :omghaha: butthurt.

Su-35 serves no purpose for China as far as I'm concerned. Only buying 24 will not make a huge difference to the PLAAF capabilities. If China thought Su-35 will make a big difference, then it should buy alot more than 24.

J-20 will soon be entering service in 2017-2018.

China has the J-11D which is very similar to Su-35 except engine featuring thrust.

If China really did buy the Su-35, the whole deal is baffling on why now and why only 24.

So why not just buy the engines themselves?

If China will put Su-35 jet engine for J-20, then what will power the Su-35?

It says worth over 2 billion USD.

It would of strategic importance from the perspective of deepening China-Russia security partnership. Not just technical.

Good to see China is helping Russia financially :enjoy:

If I am not wrong, these 24 Su-35 will be transfer to Pakistan Airforce and is not for China usage. China is acting as middle-man.

If I am not wrong, these 24 Su-35 will be transfer to Pakistan Airforce and is not for China usage. China is acting as middle-man.
why would russia need to go through China to sell to Pak?

Not possible, Russia will lose trillions dollars worth deals with India if she sell anything to her enemy.

Not possible, Russia will lose trillions dollars worth deals with India if she sell anything to her enemy.
Are you talking nonsense. How about RD-93 engine Mi-17 and Mi35 gunship sold to Pakistan?

Plus, India has a weak military industries. They cannot manufacture a lot of weapons at low price. Which means they still need to buy Russian weapons in order to modernize decently. Western stuff is too expensive to equip in large numbers. If India dont buy from Russia, who can they buy from in large number? China?

Are you talking nonsense. How about RD-93 engine Mi-17 and Mi35 gunship sold to Pakistan?

Plus, India has a weak military industries. They cannot manufacture a lot of weapons at low price. Which means they still need to buy Russian weapons in order to modernize decently. Western stuff is too expensive to equip in large numbers. If India dont buy from Russia, who can they buy from in large number? China?

man you are not getting .... that was a sarcastic post .... he is mocking at Indian cyber force argument

why would russia need to go through China to sell to Pak?

Despite warming ties between PAF and Russia. Selling a major weapon system like SU-35 might still kick a stir between Russia and India. Russian want to play that kind of attitude that this matter does not concern them but is China's fault. Then what can India blame on, blame Chinese? Lol..

Didn't you feel fishy that Russian deputy minister talk about selling Su-35 to PAF recently and then suddenly China declared purchase of 24 Su-35 from Russian? 24 is the exact amount PAF wanted to purchase during the discussion.

Well,the deal seems to have taken 5years at least,while chinese,aerospace tech has been developing so fast…

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom