What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

DSN is not free of cost, the service is charged based on use.

You said at a 'good deal" @#140 above didnt you? :o:
So the same package deal cannot be true if a new mission is to be carried out again IF the " good deal" is not agreed with NASA.

Therefore the "cheaper than Hollywood Movie" is misleading and the statement cannot be univerally true . It was too early for ISRO or even reckless to claim that if they did not say part of the reasons for the cheaper cost overall was because of NASA's "good deal" :dirol: So next time if any potential clients approach you for a Mars venture they will know the cost could be a lot higher than this Mars mission if ISRO have stated like what I said ;)

this mission puts India with few other capable nations,,,,so ofcourse it has its benefits,doesnt matter whether u acknowledge it or not.

I am not denying what you have done in your Mars mission
I am only challenging ISRO's claim of making the venture's cost lower than a Hollywood Movie which is misleading for a third party who does not know " a good deal" with NASA :coffee:

You said at a 'good deal" @#140 above didnt you? :o:
So the same package deal cannot be true if a new mission is to be carried out again IF the " good deal" is not agreed with NASA.

Therefore the "cheaper than Hollywood Movie" is misleading and the statement cannot be univerally true . It was too early for ISRO or even reckless to claim that if they did not say part of the reasons for the cheaper cost overall was because of NASA's "good deal" :dirol: So next time if any potential clients approach you for a Mars venture they will know the cost could be a lot higher than this Mars mission if ISRO have stated like what I said ;)

No, I am generally commenting based on your more than one comment - services provided by NASA aren't free. There cost is included in mission cost. America is free only in name, everything costs there!

MOM was cheap due to several reasons - cheap labor (scientific/skilled/unskilled), cheap services, limited objectives, limited time scale etc. NASA conducts various tests on its equipments to verify reliability, for ISRO it was hit or miss. But ultimate result is that mission was cheap.

This in itself isn't of any value. What it signifies is that India offers cost effective, most economic space lift services. This has been true for light weight LEO satellites till now, ISRO has launched many foreign satellites. But it just add credibility to future GEO/heavier payload services.

Last edited:
No, I am generally commenting based on your more than one comment - services provided by NASA aren't free. There cost is included in mission cost. America is free only in name, everything costs there!

As you said there was " a good deal" which may not be applicable in the next identical mission to Mars
So you should have stated and credited NASA giving you " a good deal" :cheesy: so as to make your "cheapest" claim possible :-)

All I can say is Modi is a damn good marketer and given how much response he has got here that alone shows how he can get where he wants to get. Just once he commented on mangalyaan and gravity in passing and we are discussing on and on and on.
Brilliant that guy!
@Keel my friend you let Modi get to you :D He is in your mind already. :D

As you said there was " a good deal" which may not be applicable in the next identical mission to Mars
So you should have stated and credited NASA giving you " a good deal" :cheesy: so as to make your "cheapest" claim possible :-)
I am not saying it was a good deal - the cost of NASA services like DSN is fixed. I quoted your last comment I could find, not a specific comment. Point was to convey cost incurred by NASA have been added, and are not hidden. The hidden cost would be the annual budget of ISRO, which goes for salaries and many different projects but isn't added in any.
And please check my edited post.

I am not denying what you have done in your Mars mission
I am only challenging ISRO's claim of making the venture's cost lower than a Hollywood Movie which is misleading for a third party who does not know " a good deal" with NASA
i dont know much about the financial details,,,,,but the mars mission has accomplished what it was supposed to do.:)
n for ur post,,,well bro,,,its marketing:D

I am not saying it was a good deal - the cost of NASA services like DSN is fixed. I quoted your last comment I could find, not a specific comment. Point was to convey cost incurred by NASA have been added, and are not hidden. The hidden cost would be the annual budget of ISRO, which goes for salaries and many different projects but isn't added in any.
And please check my edited post.

See you guys are capricious, changing your statements as frequently as the wind blows in the tropical seasons 8-) Acually you are not aware of what the price structure was, arent you?

i dont know much about the financial details,,,,,but the mars mission has accomplished what it was supposed to do.:)
n for ur post,,,well bro,,,its marketing:D

well there is no point in further discussion as the financial details when challenged are not known
So end of further comments on my side. :-)

See you guys are capricious, changing your statements as frequently as the wind blows in the tropical seasons 8-) Acually you are not aware of what the price structure was, arent you?
Where did I changed my statement? I mentioned that NASA services are not free and charged, where did I changed that?

well there is no point in further discussion as the financial details when challenged are not known
So end of further comments on my side.
so u agree that there is no competition between us.
we both,as countries,r trying our best n trying to do what others did years ago?

Indians have the access to foreign technologies. Their more powerful rocket engines are given immense help from the Russians. Also India would not have reached the Mars orbit without the assistance from NASA.

European space agency, Japan and S Korea etc also have these advantages over us.

We are very much a lone soul in space but solidly progressing on our own path - building a space industry literally most by ourselves, confidently.

What a proud moment to cheer for :super::laughcry::agree::cheesy::coffee::china:

Have you patented your technological formula? Ctrl C Ctrl V

India? :lol:

Put a man into space and stop calling Moon and Mars missions as 'Indian' projects when they are joint missions with NASA just like their joint military projects with Russia.

Pretending to be space competitor to China.

Last edited:
India? :lol:

Put a man into space and stop calling Moon and Mars missions as 'Indian' projects when they are joint missions with NASA just like their joint military projects with Russia.

Pretending to be space competitor to China.

How is India's Mars mission a joint effort with NASA. Did IRSO use any US stations during the mission?

Back
Top Bottom