What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

Kashmir joins Pakistan
, it will become a part of pakistan with their choice what they have made already.

Kashmir joins Pakistan
, it will become a part of pakistan with their choice what they have made already.

Bhaijan aap naye ho aur abhi se suru, take your time and think before posting :cheers:

Hey, can Pakistan and India both own all of Kashmir? Kind of like a common wealth, where both countries must give aid and military assistance to the region, but may also tax it to get revenue and have full trade access. Kashmir could form their own armed forces and elect their own officials.

Wouldn't this '8th option' be the best one?

Hey, can Pakistan and India both own all of Kashmir? Kind of like a common wealth, where both countries must give aid and military assistance to the region, but may also tax it to get revenue and have full trade access. Kashmir could form their own armed forces and elect their own officials.

Wouldn't this '8th option' be the best one?

I dont know how long that will work though, at one point one country will try to assert itself more and everything will fall apart. It would be a very tough option to work with.

Yes, but that's why Pakistan and India must help Kashmir build up their own armed forces. Pakistan could help with the Air Force, India could help the land forces, and with no coast, a navy would not be necessary. Or something like that.

This way, if Pakistan or India tries to assert them self more, the Kashmirs could have a reliably defense which may not match up to Pakistan/India, but could seriously slow them down and cost many lives, making them think twice before doing anything.

I was also think that some nukes could be put under their control, so they could easily take out Pakistan or India. Don't give them the technology or materials to build more, but just a few dozen to wipe India or Pakistan. Just in case.

BJP accuses Singh govt of planning secret Kashmir deal

* Advani describes talks of IHK autonomy as ‘smokescreen for secession’ * Warns of mass protest if govt strikes a deal on Kashmir

By Iftikhar Gilani

NEW DELHI: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), India’s main opposition party, on Wednesday accused the Indian government of planning a “secret Kashmir deal” with Pakistan.

During Lok Sabha proceedings, BJP leader LK Advani accused Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of preparing for a “clandestine” deal with Pakistan for secession of Indian-held Kashmir (IHK) in the garb of giving it autonomy.

Smokescreen: Describing the talk of autonomy as “nothing but a smokescreen for secession”, he warned that even restoring Kashmir’s pre-1953 constitutional status would be “surrender, clear and simple”.

“This has precisely been the aim and objective of Pakistan’s use of terror as a state policy to achieve IHK’s secession,” he added.

The ruling benches protested and entered into a verbal spat with BJP members after Advani claimed “the government deliberately wanted to say as little as possible on what it was doing and planning with Pakistan”.

Greatest ever protest: The BJP leader said the government’s approach towards Pakistan was “deeply flawed” and warned the PM of “the greatest ever nationwide mass protest” in independent India if he made “any deal that diluted India’s already diluted sovereignty over IHK – or any part thereof”.

Referring to resuming secretary-level talks with Pakistan in spite of the February 12 Pune bomb blast, he said the Indian government had made up its mind to de-link the issue of terrorism from the bilateral talks “as was reflected in the July 2009 joint India-Pakistan statement issued at Sharm el-Sheikh”.

Talking about “contradictory statements” made by Delhi after the Pune blast, he asked Singh to “explicitly spell out what the government’s strategy was on the dialogue with Pakistan”. “Parliament has a right to know the PM’s stance on this vital issue,” Advani said, adding that the Indian government was being pressurised by foreign quarters to engage in a dialogue with Pakistan.

“The government’s thought process in this regard is guided by three beliefs, all of which are flawed. Firstly, Delhi thinks both India and Pakistan are equally victims of terrorism, and therefore need to cooperate. Then it believes the threat of terrorism comes from non-state actors in Pakistan, therefore, continuation of talks with the government of Pakistan should not be bracketed with the issue of terrorism. Finally, Delhi thinks the solution to the instability in Afghanistan and Pakistan is linked to solving the Kashmir dispute. Therefore, India should be willing to discuss and settle Kashmir if it wants an end to the menace of terrorism,” Advani said, adding that the belief that terrorism was exclusively carried out by non-state actors was in contradiction to India asking Islamabad last Thursday to hand over two army officers suspected to be involved in the 26/11 terror attack.

“It would be a sad day for India if the government accepted the argument that the road to peace in Kabul runs through Kashmir…a theory put forward by some quarters in Washington and Islamabad,” the BJP leader said.

Turning to India’s defence preparedness, Advani said Delhi must not remain excessively dependent on imports for the country’s defence needs. “Apart from a drain on our precious national resources, it is also not good for our defence preparedness,” he said.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Advani just wants to know whats cooking ,even he knows that if such a deal ever occurs ,congress will never get elected again for years to come ,

de-militarize and let both sides interact with eachother.....no fly zone/no arms zone etc. etc. sure fine.

who enforces it?

Police.

J&K Kashmir police has a local Kashmiris. They can be trained under joint training camps by India and Pakistan. Obviously we can write and propose any solution in seconds (despite load shedding:azn:) but it will take yeas to implement.

First step would be to sign a document to accept sovereignty of each other's nation. Jammu and Ladakh as part of India and NA as Pakistan and a phase wise time bound De-militarization of "Azad Kashmir" and the valley, with police taking over.

Ofcourse India will emphasize shutting down of entire militant training network in the region and if Musharraf could do it so could others. As mentioned will pover and restrain from both side would be required and public should be taken into confidence.

I had a MUCH longer and very detailed post, but this goddam bloody load-shedding made me lose everything
Looking forward to it later.:smitten:

most of the militants you are talking about are local Kashmiris....they will most likely stop fighting when indian army withdraw from their posts and end the sieges against the population; the collective punishment

mr. zolfiqar.....uske baad kya hoga??n kya hum kashmir me itne sare army ko khila pila ke khush nahi hai....n about local militants ...ek baat puchta hun ...aap ke yaha koi ake innocent logo ko marta hai(ex. ttp)..aaapki kya rai hai?unse baat karna chaenge???

I was expecting more worthwhile reply to my post then fanboy stuff.
Any serious takers.

In 71 who had more strength? We had to sacrifice our lives for independence. So Pakistan/Kashmir needs too follow that way, otherwise apparently there is no other way to get Kashmir for Pakistan. And, obviously, after a certain time after beginning of war, Pakistan might get help of third country as we get from you. I don't know why but it seems to me Indian Army could not fight well against Pakistan Army.

In 71 who had more strength? We had to sacrifice our lives for independence. So Pakistan/Kashmir needs too follow that way, otherwise apparently there is no other way to get Kashmir for Pakistan. And, obviously, after a certain time after beginning of war, Pakistan might get help of third country as we get from you. I don't know why but it seems to me Indian Army could not fight well against Pakistan Army.

even if there is a uprising like BD...do u think there will be any solution possible in present scenario..........

Then go ahead and take it by force if you can, who stops Pakistan. However war is much more complicated then a kid can think about, hence lot of fanboys keep talking about Missiles and Nuclear bomb and think that is enough to win a war.

When 1999 Kargil happen, war was already on why did Pakistan did not went ahead and annexed Kashmir? Try finding the answer to this question.

Why did people of Kashmir not came out on streets and demanded for freedom at the same time, it would have been very effective and the world would have got the message.

If Pakistan has to get Kashmir from India by war, it has to get the following.
1) Enough money to fight the war. This is most important thing, daily expense of war is no joke, you need to think about expense occurred over a period of time you need to win the war.

2) Managing external pressure. Now it is more or less clear that world will not support this war, so Pakistan has to be capable to sustain world pressure. World pressure means, supply of spare parts stopped, oil supply can be blocked and the likes.

3) Defense forces and equipment to win. The missiles and nukes will be rarely used, minus the cruise missiles. You have to fight lot of war with Airforce and other conventional means, guess I do not think Pakistan has it right now. In fact balance is tilted in India's favor.

So what might happen at the end of any such war that there will still be no result and we need to go back to table. India will be further in advantageous position since it will play defensive (Attacking with intention of harming but not occupying), while Pakistan playing offensive will need much more firepower then India.

Last a Bangladeshi giving reference to 1971 and praying bad of India was the best thing in your post.

even if there is a uprising like BD...do u think there will be any solution possible in present scenario..........

if there is an uprising like BD, then there is an uprising like BD.....

i.e. similar end result.....

that would be my guess :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom