What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

lets ...imagine that there will be some huge anti india revolt...do uthink india will hand over kashmir to pakistan like apiece of cake.............................i know that we will never n i also know that that pak will also never let go of this issue n this conflict will never end............only talks can solve this............

lot of fanboys keep talking about Missiles and Nuclear bomb and think that is enough to win a war.

Ya, since both India and Pakistan both has nukes, so those do not work for win.

Why did people of Kashmir not came out on streets and demanded for freedom at the same time, it would have been very effective and the world would have got the message.

Do you think that world dose not get that message yet? When ever they come out you guys shoot them!

1) Enough money to fight the war. This is most important thing, daily expense of war is no joke, you need to think about expense occurred over a period of time you need to win the war.

That's what I said. They need to be desperate, if Pakistan will think about economical damage then they could not win as I said that India will once leave Kashmir to avoid more economical and life damage in case of war. Why whole India will pay for Kashmiris who do not want to belong with them? Just for ego?

2) Managing external pressure. Now it is more or less clear that world will not support this war, so Pakistan has to be capable to sustain world pressure. World pressure means, supply of spare parts stopped, oil supply can be blocked and the likes.

Who knows, may be after starting the war would could support Pakistan.

In fact balance is tilted in India's favor.

It's apparently. USA still not successful in Afghan. There are some other factors too e.g. skill or other kind of favors.

Last a Bangladeshi giving reference to 1971 and praying bad of India was the best thing in your post.

Think that I just said on behalf them who are victim.

**Well I'm not gonna say anything else about this as I do not have well idea on it. I just said what I guess but if I'm right then time will say in case of any war if Pakistan will fight desperately.

Ya, since both India and Pakistan both has nukes, so those do not work for win.

Do you think that world dose not get that message yet? When ever they come out you guys shoot them!

That's what I said. They need to be desperate, if Pakistan will think about economical damage then they could not win as I said that India will once leave Kashmir to avoid more economical and life damage in case of war. Why whole India will pay for Kashmiris who do not want to belong with them? Just for ego?

Who knows, may be after starting the war would could support Pakistan.

It's apparently. USA still not successful in Afghan. There are some other factors too e.g. skill or other kind of favors.

Think that I just said on behalf them who are victim.

**Well I'm not gonna say anything else about this as I do not have well idea on it. I just said what I guess but if I'm right then time will say in case of any war if Pakistan will fight desperately.

r u suicidal or somethng????is war childs play or somethng....is somebody in ur family in defence or u just want to be a net warrior????toi boka ne ki?????killing a man is more easier then saving him....

DAWN.COM | Editorial | Resumption of talks

The two foreign secretaries, Salman Bashir from Pakistan and Nirupama Rao from India, finally met in New Delhi on Feb 25 and described their talks as useful. Rao said there had been good chemistry and transparency on both sides.

They agreed to remain in touch, and Bashir invited his Indian counterpart to visit Islamabad. The talks covered all the issues outstanding between the two countries.

What was striking, though, was the level of scepticism and pessimism expressed in Pakistan about the utility of holding talks with India at this time. There were those who were sure that India would not be willing to discuss anything other than terrorism — more precisely, its insistence for the past many months that those Pakistani nationals who were allegedly involved in planning and executing the November 2008 Mumbai terrorist incident must be punished and “the networks of terrorism in Pakistan be dismantled”.

India has been particularly angered that Hafiz Saeed, head of the banned Jamaatud Dawa considered a cover group for the Lashkar-i-Taiba (LeT) that allegedly masterminded the Mumbai attack, remains a free man and recently made an incendiary statement against India. True enough, this was the main issue raised by Rao; but it was clear all along that once the talks took place, there was little that India could do to stop Pakistan from raising any other issue, including Kashmir.

Initially, the Pakistan Foreign Office did not help matters by insisting that India must agree to resume the ‘composite dialogue’ that was broken off after the Mumbai attack. Some officials also called for an ‘integrated’ dialogue. They missed the point: the resumption of talks was the real thing and all else was quibbling over words. The very fact that it was India that took the initiative for the resumption of talks signalled a rethink by New Delhi and a reversal of its own intransigent stance for more than a year.

There has, no doubt, been foreign pressure on India to resume dialogue with Pakistan; but it is more likely that the decision to hold talks was taken by New Delhi itself, on a re-evaluation of its interests.

The fact is that Islamist militant groups have become an even greater menace for Pakistan than for India; as Bashir said, Pakistan “has suffered many more Mumbais” than India. This realisation may well have influenced India to resume talks with Pakistan; India cannot go on looking at the issue of militancy through the prism of the past.

The ISI might have been supportive of the LeT and other jihadi groups in the past but today, religious extremists and terrorist outfits have become the main security threat to the Pakistani state, government and society. Since last year, Pakistan’s armed forces have been engaged in a war with militants in Swat, South Waziristan and elsewhere. It is clear, therefore, that Pakistan and India have a common enemy in these militants.

Of course, India is not alone in looking at issues through the prism of the past. Many in Pakistan harp on about the fact that the Afghan Mujahideen and Osama bin Laden were once fully supported by the US, during the Soviet military occupation of Afghanistan. They ask why the US now regards them as enemies.

The answer, obviously, is that circumstances change. In the 1980s, the Mujahideen and the US drew close to each other because of their common opposition to the Soviets in Afghanistan. Once the Soviets left, the common cause was gone.

While one can understand the outrage in India over the Mumbai incident, New Delhi’s reaction has been disproportionate and even misplaced. India itself conceded that no official agency in Pakistan had been involved in the Mumbai incident. While one of the terrorists, who was captured alive, is a Pakistani national and has confirmed that the LeT organised the attack, it was always clear that there had to be some Indian involvement as well.

Putting all the blame on the Pakistani government was irrational, since it cannot be held accountable for all the wrongs done by its nationals. To use an analogy, most of those involved in 9/11 were Saudi nationals but the US has never made this an issue against the Saudi government. India has also been mistaken in allowing the terrorists to derail the Indo-Pakistan peace talks, in effect giving to the terrorists a veto over the destinies of millions.

At the same time, Pakistani authorities need to be much more active in punishing Pakistani accomplices of the Mumbai incident. In this context Interior Minister Rehman Malik has been guilty of too much talk and too little action. Some sections of our media have also done a disservice by putting the interests of a handful of militants over the interests of the country. These terrorists deserve no defence or sympathy for their unlawful activities.

It is unfortunate that both in India and Pakistan, there are hate lobbies that continue to oppose any forward movement in Indo-Pakistan relations. They build on fears and concocted evidence to build up an atmosphere of deep distrust; more than 60 years have already been lost in the process. There have, no doubt, been fundamental problems such as Kashmir that have defied a solution. But fears in Pakistan about India blocking the rivers, which might lead to war, also appear highly exaggerated.

Our Indus Waters commissioner, Jamaat Ali Shah, and an ex-finance minister, Dr Mubashar Hasan, have said only recently that the shortage of waters in our rivers is due to climatic conditions and not because of any theft by India.

Finally, this question has to be posed to the sceptics: how exactly are the differences between the two sides to be resolved? One option is confrontation, but this would lead to nuclear war and destruction. Since that does not make sense, there is no other option but holding talks. They may be long and frustrating but eventually, the advantages of peace and cooperation will compel the two countries to come to terms with each other.

Sorry I have not read the entire thread
I have a solution to offer....a real crazy one....

How about India and Pakistan become a Union with but two states in it and the third as Kashmir. Administration would continue to be the same but people would be free to move across the border and conduct trade but cannot own property. Foreign affairs and defense would come under a single entity. The armies would be integrated through a period of 15 years. Till full integration, the PA would take care of the state of Pakistan and IA the state of India.

Can you all throw away the current possibilities and let your mind think freely without any constraints except for ideas causing harm to your neighbor and gain to oneself?

Caution: Idealism and perfectionism should be pursued only by people who want to be close to the Creator and want to throw away materialistic fantasies.

Sorry I have not read the entire thread
I have a solution to offer....a real crazy one....

How about India and Pakistan become a Union with but two states in it and the third as Kashmir. Administration would continue to be the same but people would be free to move across the border and conduct trade but cannot own property. Foreign affairs and defense would come under a single entity. The armies would be integrated through a period of 15 years. Till full integration, the PA would take care of the state of Pakistan and IA the state of India.

Can you all throw away the current possibilities and let your mind think freely without any constraints except for ideas causing harm to your neighbor and gain to oneself?

Caution: Idealism and perfectionism should be pursued only by people who want to be close to the Creator and want to throw away materialistic fantasies.

Great out of the box thinking.

Err.. we are looking for solutions not more problems.

After looking at the first post, there would be some Indians who would say resolution of Indo Pak prob would be Akhand Bharat.

Anyways, there is not way either side is going to move an inch under any circumstances. At least not by negotiations.

Neither military have the capabilities to completely take over the entire land held by other. Only internet fan boys will tell you that their military will take over PakOK or Indian Kashmir.

The only solution that can be quickly resolve the issue is stay put where you are and call in the international boundary. Beyond this no one is going to get anything either by negotiations or force. Even if we keep this issue alive for the next 50 years, it will remain where it is.

All those saying till when will India stay put. The answer is forever. We have the men, money, machinery and the resolve. The point to ask is till when can Pakistan afford the hostilities? I wouldnt question the men part, but money and machinery is questionable.

What Pakistan can do is accept Indias stand and take benefit from the enormous gain it can take home from Indias progress. Rest is up to Pakistan. We are pretty comfortable where we are. We dont even mind spending hundreds of crores just on Siachen.

After looking at the first post, there would be some Indians who would say resolution of Indo Pak prob would be Akhand Bharat.

Anyways, there is not way either side is going to move an inch under any circumstances. At least not by negotiations.

Neither military have the capabilities to completely take over the entire land held by other. Only internet fan boys will tell you that their military will take over PakOK or Indian Kashmir.

The only solution that can be quickly resolve the issue is stay put where you are and call in the international boundary. Beyond this no one is going to get anything either by negotiations or force. Even if we keep this issue alive for the next 50 years, it will remain where it is.

All those saying till when will India stay put. The answer is forever. We have the men, money, machinery and the resolve. The point to ask is till when can Pakistan afford the hostilities? I wouldnt question the men part, but money and machinery is questionable.

What Pakistan can do is accept Indias stand and take benefit from the enormous gain it can take home from Indias progress. Rest is up to Pakistan. We are pretty comfortable where we are. We dont even mind spending hundreds of crores just on Siachen.

maintain the status quo india has no problem till date and has not claimed vehemently.

the ball is on the pakistan's court and all pakistani leadership undertands that it is better that a will needs to be developed in pakistani leadership to pursue status quo and move ahead !!

there is no other solution other than above i stated "maintain the status quo"

In 71 who had more strength? We had to sacrifice our lives for independence. So Pakistan/Kashmir needs too follow that way, otherwise apparently there is no other way to get Kashmir for Pakistan. And, obviously, after a certain time after beginning of war, Pakistan might get help of third country as we get from you. I don't know why but it seems to me Indian Army could not fight well against Pakistan Army.

i believe that countries who will not pick up the pace of growth in coming 10 years will automatique disintegrate and become a banana republik.....perhaps that has not happened in south asia..but i can see certain states who are left far behind and in a state of delima.....moving nowhere,

world is divided into 4 categories

1. Devoloped States - USA, UK, Europe, Australia, Japan
2. Developing States - China, India, Brasil, Russia, Israel, South Korea, Taiwan
3. Rogue States that have no economic growth and no stability where wars are fought and economy are running by virtue of alimony being paid. these states are like dead horses to whom the hay is being fed" - Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Parts of African States
4. Potential States where Growth will Take place : Malayasia, Thailand, Egypt, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Argentina, South Africa

In 71 who had more strength? We had to sacrifice our lives for independence. So Pakistan/Kashmir needs too follow that way, otherwise apparently there is no other way to get Kashmir for Pakistan. And, obviously, after a certain time after beginning of war, Pakistan might get help of third country as we get from you. I don't know why but it seems to me Indian Army could not fight well against Pakistan Army.

Well,you agree that we hepled you gain your independence in your post, but in the same post you are praying that India gets divided(with Kashmir broken).
Also would you also please enlighten us on your last point.

world is divided into 4 categories

1. Devoloped States - USA, UK, Europe, Australia, Japan
2. Developing States - China, India, Brasil, Russia, Israel, South Korea, Taiwan
3. Rogue States that have no economic growth and no stability where wars are fought and economy are running by virtue of alimony being paid. these states are like dead horses to whom the hay is being fed" - Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Parts of African States
4. Potential States where Growth will Take place : Malayasia, Thailand, Egypt, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Argentina, South Africa

How does Pakistan have no growth? Have you seen the economy the last decade? Yes, lately, it has been declining. But overall, it has greatly increased in the past decade. Musharraf even stopped borrowing from the IMF. Even with the War on Terror, Pakistan is still predicted to have 5% growth by 2011. In this current crisis, Pakistan still has 3.5-4% growth.

Well,you agree that we hepled you gain your independence in your post, but in the same post you are praying that India gets divided(with Kashmir broken).
Also would you also please enlighten us on your last point.

About Indian help in 71:

It’s true that Indian help catalyzed our independent process and saved many lives. But I do not want to derail this thread by saying why India helped BD in 71. Also India induced BD people for Independent in some extant, actually, to break Pakistan.

About supporting Kashmir and dividation of India:

Kashmiris have different ideology, religion, and may be race too from max Indians. If Kashmir will separate from India then it will be a re-arrangement of S-Asia instead of dividation of India.

I don't know why but it seems to me Indian Army could not fight well against Pakistan Army.

About ^:

It's only my intuition about the braveness and skill of IA. And I hope a lot of people will agree with me.

About Indian help in 71:

It’s true that Indian help catalyzed our independent process and saved many lives. But I do not want to derail this thread by saying why India helped BD in 71. Also India induced BD people for Independent in some extant, actually, to break Pakistan.

About supporting Kashmir and dividation of India:

Kashmiris have different ideology, religion, and may be race too from max Indians. If Kashmir will separate from India then it will be a re-arrangement of S-Asia instead of dividation of India.

About ^:

It's only my intuition about the braveness and skill of IA. And I hope a lot of people will agree with me.

Well my dear friend, please google "battle of Longewala" and get back at me! Our army has seen war. Faced it , braved it won it. Faught in Siachen, the worlds toughest battle field and emerged victorious, in Kargil in conditions very harsh, too harsh to survive forget fighting, faced enemy perched at heights, in bunkers, and drove them back.
Has your army even seen action, that you are making such a rant. I don't want to go any further and say anything about your army, because i respect the men in uniform (armed forces), irrespective of their nationality.
PS - don't forget to google the battle of longewala

Back
Top Bottom