What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

no ...its alsight......actually we should also do same......................

mr. zolfiqar...d thread is long ,am new witout reading it all....can i request ur views on this matter...because u r think tank......

p.s. one of my most respected seniors(shaheed da) name is same as urs.. so will not take it....he n me r from same village.......

Kashmiris should seek their self determination.....all Kashmiris on both sides of the militarized LoC

Zolfiqar isn't my real name. It is the sword of Imam Ali A.S.

It's only an alias I am using ;)

Kashmiris should seek their self determination.....all Kashmiris on both sides of the militarized LoC

Zolfiqar isn't my real name. It is the sword of Imam Ali A.S.

It's only an alias I am using ;)

its not zolfiqar ......its the first name u use..........
anyway i expect somethng more frm u......... not suggesting that what u said is not concurred by me... but question how is it possible in context of present scenario.........even if u agree on my self presented scenario of mutual trust,then atleast suggest how to get it...........waiting for your answer Mr.zolfiqar

After considering the big stealth of India, I would like to say you that you should not be sure that Pakistan will be beaten with India in war. Although it seems to us apparently that Pakistan is not likely to win with India in war but to me Pakistan will win (90% possibility) with India if they attack India for Kashmir desperately. Because India is not capable to beat Pakistan abruptly and if the war will continue then India will ultimately leave Kashmir to avoid more destruction of its economy and lives as India is a highly prosperous and developing country. Also Pakistan will not attack India to conquer the whole India but only for Kashmir portion. So when India will see that the both Kashmir and Pakistan is not letting them to stay in peace then India will leave Kashmir as its mere headache. Then India will think that we no need to suffer just for dominating Kashmiris, so let’s build India and leave Kashmir. Lastly, size dose not any matter and it’s not any Bollywood crap where India always wins and says those people terrorist who fight legally for independent. So Pakistan just needs to be desperate if they want Kashmir truly and I’m waiting to see Pakistan’s success over Kashmir issue by attacking India where apparently no other choice is remained as you said.

I was expecting more worthwhile reply to my post then fanboy stuff.
Any serious takers.

its not zolfiqar ......its the first name u use..........

what

anyway i expect somethng more frm u......... not suggesting that what u said is not concurred by me... but question how is it possible in context of present scenario.........even if u agree on my self presented scenario of mutual trust,then atleast suggest how to get it...........waiting for your answer Mr.zolfiqar

I think NWO said it nicely. From an official and personal Pakistani standpoint, it seems most likely in our favour; most realistic.

Militarily, I'd rather not go into that.

hindustan is a democracy since independence. Pakistan is an "embryonic" democracy at the moment.

lets do the most democratic and decent thing and let the Kashmiris hold referendum and decide their fate

I think he means Abu

I think NWO said it nicely. From an official and personal Pakistani standpoint, it seems most likely in our favour; most realistic.

hindustan is a democracy since independence. Pakistan is an "embryonic" democracy at the moment.

lets do the most democratic and decent thing and let the Kashmiris hold referendum and decide their fate
Referendum is no longer a practical solution. irreparable damage has been done to the demography. Kashmiri Pandits have been driven out, demography of Northern Areas and even "Azad Kashmir" have been altered drastically. It was again a legible options in the 40s and even 50s, to resolve the issue new formulaes will be needed. I think International border at LOC is a good starting point for negotiations, from thereon slight give and take can possibly sort out the issues. And these give and takes can be conducted at a later stage and in the mean while region of "Azad Kashmir" and Kashmir Valley can be co-governed with a neutral arbitrator to oversee demilitarization of the region with local law enforcement agencies. Additionally we can have the valley as a no arms zone - Afterall the region deserves peace for development of its true tourism potential - giving way to lasting peace.

But again this would be a long long road and trust deficit will make it vastly difficult to tread - To me it seems as the only way forward.

Again emphasis on the words practical and lasting solution, not idealistic and revisiting the failed methods.

I will pick scenario 1. This is the only way to move forward. It's better to accept the current Line of control but i think it's more important to know Kashmiris point of view.:angel:

I will pick scenario 1. This is the only way to move forward. It's better to accept the current Line of control but i think it's more important to know Kashmiris point of view.:angel:

no ,i don,t think this is a long time solution...yaha india me maan bhi liya to aapke yaha manenge...i doubt it.....
voting is a must...........

no ,i don,t think this is a long time solution...yaha india me maan bhi liya to aapke yaha manenge...i doubt it.....
voting is a must to solve this once n for all..........

de-militarize and let both sides interact with eachother.....no fly zone/no arms zone etc. etc. sure fine.

who enforces it?

I had a MUCH longer and very detailed post, but this goddam bloody load-shedding made me lose everything

what

Democracy allows its citizens to form their govt within the boundaries of the nation. It does not advocate referendums to seperate from a nation. It does however allow people who do not want to live in a country to leave and go settle in a country of their choice if it would have them...Kashmir belongs to the people of India and not only those living in Kashmir. So a small subset of India's population can not vote on giving away a part of the country.. And before we jump on the disputed status and so on, please understand that India constitution does not recognize Kashmir as a disputed territory....

we have 2 of them setup in conjunction with a standard honda generator ... both UPS are down at the moment

:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::devil:

I would like to see Pakistan get all of Kashmir, but realize that is highly unlikely. However, I think that we should stop worrying about India and just focus on Azad Kashmir. We need to introduce a free-market economy there, and try to fully intergrate that part of Kashmir. Once Azad Kashmir is much more developed and much better security, rest of Kashmir would want to go with Pakistan, when you consider the Muslim majority overall.

The best way to turn Azad Kashmir into a thriving, modern state is to introduce a free-market economy there. It has worked for the United States, why not there. Plus, if Azad Kashmir develops into a modern state, more countries might be willing to give Pakistan more of Kashmir in a settlement with India.

I hope that I don't come off as too anti-Indian. I have nothing against India nor hold any bias agianst them. (Or at least try not to.) Hopefully, Pakistan and India can establish a international boundary and stop the bickering. :cheers:

This is how ppl who leave the sub continent see the problem that has bedeviled us since 47.

A dispassionate an clear headed approach.Development will replace resentmentand help us to move on.

However, once back in the region, we all change.

Back
Top Bottom