What's new

The Flying Coffin Syndrome

mig-21 is actually an extremely powerful plane for its era, up till 90's, when piloted in the right hands. for example in vietnam war, piloted for north vietnam with the help of USSR and China.

in the hands of bad pilots it is indeed a flying coffin. that's why the arabs gave Mig-21 a bad name.

If you look closer i think it says Mig 29

lol yeah i think ur right but u sure need a magnifying glass to look at it carefully....:D

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

mig-21 is actually an extremely powerful plane for its era, up till 90's, when piloted in the right hands. for example in vietnam war, piloted for north vietnam with the help of USSR and China.

in the hands of bad pilots it is indeed a flying coffin. that's why the arabs gave Mig-21 a bad name.

agreed!:agree:

lol yeah i think ur right but u sure need a magnifying glass to look at it carefully....:D

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

agreed!:agree:
im used to Indian comics so i pick up the details easily
im going to start a thread on News paper comics (Indian)like the one above
r you interested in adding comic stuff from Pakistani papers

Albeit, the original article gives a little insight to the problem, the lack of suitable lead in trainer has also been blamed for lack of pilot proficiency. As for the spare part nonsense, at one time half the world's air forces were equipped with this classic delta wing fighter, why none of them experienced this dilemma.
How ironic, the F-7, which according to you is not even considered a plane, still forms the backbone of many air arms around the world and has a record as good as any of it's generation aircraft.
As for the Sabre Slayer rant, it has been evidently proven that this myth was a mere imaginative creation of the IAF.

That is your so called Sabre slayer which surrendered when confronted by an F-104 without any ordnance being fired.

.you are simply making your own facts .....mig-21 was awarded the winner by AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF DEFENSE ANALYSIS as the winner between it and f-104...i gave you the link....also Sabre slayer was not a myth as it really made your sabre cry as it used the vertical arena where the Sabre was weak....even after so many links you only counter us everywhere with a link from THE DAWN or a PAKISTANI LINK...get a neutral one.......
Guncam.jpg

check the pic in which our gnat is hitting your so called undefeated f-86 sabre

for gnat surrender lets show you...

check this out also

Last edited:
either you are foolish or lost...don't you even have mind....you are simply making your own facts .....mig-21 was awarded the winner by AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF DEFENSE ANALYSIS as the winner between it and f-104...i gave you the link....also Sabre slayer was not a myth as it really made your sabre cry as it used the vertical arena where the Sabre was weak....even after so many links you only counter us everywhere with a link from THE DAWN or a PAKISTANI LINK...get a neutral one.......

check the pic in which our gnat is hitting your so called undefeated f-86 sabre

for gnat surrender lets show you...
what does the Pakistani general sighing the surrender paper have to do with the mig 21:blink:

Last edited:
Ahem, have you taken into account, what did the Korean era F-86 did to the top line Indian Fighter.
As for the SU-30s, it's no secret that since induction, they have been at least grounded twice, and as even the Rapptor has been taken out by an F-16 in DACT, the SU-30 is nowhere as potent so let's leave the Champagne on ice.

well dont forget the cope India:wave: when su-30 mkis checked your claim when one of the USAF pilot went on you tube saying that they will need f-22 to beat su-30mki.
NOW DON'T SAY YOU NEVER WATCHED IT....I SAW THAT video in one of PDF 's thread...well i m not comparing f-22 with su-30 as f-22/35 is a better plane in all aspects ...even euro fighter is a better plane than mki....but its no doubt that su-30mki is better than f-16.

The Su-30 MKI "is an amazing jet that has a lot of maneuverability," Capt. Martin Mentch told an Air Force publication, AFPN. Maneuverability is key for missions of air combat. "We try to replicate how these aircraft perform in the air, and I think we're good at doing that in our Air Force, but what we can't replicate is what's going on in their minds. They've challenged our traditional way of thinking on how an adversary, from whichever country, would fight." That quote is as good an admission that the F-16 jocks got their clocks cleaned."
One USAF controller working aboard an AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) plane told reporters at Kalaikundi Air Base that he was impressed by the speed in which Indian pilots responded to target assignments given them by AWACS. The AWACS, while operated by Americans, was acting as a neutral party, feeding target assignments to both Indian and American pilots during the exercise. In most cases, the Indians responded to target assignments faster than the American pilots did - a surprising fact, given that this was the first time Indian pilots had used the American AWACS capability.

well we got another thread for this v/s thread.....sorry for posting it here but windj needed it here

enough of it...lets focus on the thread....................

brother he showed a gnat surrendering in his avatar and then said its habbit of indians............
Ignore him man Saber slayers will stay saber slayers irrespective of what he says
Refrain from using statements like"so happy with this slap or want more............."
edit your post and remove"so happy with this slap or want more............."
personal attacks are not allowed you could get in trouble for that.

Ignore him man Saber slayers will stay saber slayers irrespective of what he says
Refrain from using statements like"so happy with this slap or want more............."
edit your post and remove"so happy with this slap or want more............."
personal attacks are not allowed you could get in trouble for that.

thank you brother.......i did that

.you are simply making your own facts .....mig-21 was awarded the winner by AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF DEFENSE ANALYSIS as the winner between it and f-104...i gave you the link....also Sabre slayer was not a myth as it really made your sabre cry as it used the vertical arena where the Sabre was weak....even after so many links you only counter us everywhere with a link from THE DAWN or a PAKISTANI LINK...get a neutral one.......
Guncam.jpg
Since in desperation you are going all over, i am not saying that the Gnat didn't achieve any kills, even during the above encounter one Gnat was also shot down by an F-86. But you need to catch up on your history since the terminology of Sabre Slayer was given in 1965 war and i am sure we don't need to go down that path.

brother he showed a gnat surrendering in his avatar and then said its habbit of indians............

There you go cherry picking again, some other member has that avatar and you inquired of him and i merely told you what it was.

There you go cherry picking again, some other member has that avatar and you inquired of him and i merely told you what it was.

ur language was certainly offending...so that's what u got...Ur general with 71k soldiers:wave:

Since in desperation you are going all over, i am not saying that the Gnat didn't achieve any kills, even during the above encounter one Gnat was also shot down by an F-86. But you need to catch up on your history since the terminology of Sabre Slayer was given in 1965 war and i am sure we don't need to go down that path.

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

It was grounded even before the crashes and where exactly did i discredit it, as i said before, try to understand before posting queries.

WJ can you give me a credible link about they have been grounded before the crashes??I think i missed that news..thanks in advance..

Back
Top Bottom