What's new

The Flying Coffin Syndrome

Those 'flying coffins' can dish out a licking according to US airforce pilots.
In proper hands, i am sure they are potent machines.
Absolutely they are. Constant Peg pilots love the MIG-21. It was the F-16 of its day.

Constant Peg
The MiG-21 could also turn abruptly; you didn’t want to fight one at low speed. Again, the answer was to use the more powerful engines of the US fighters to make it a vertical engagement.
Constant Peg MIG-21s humbled many F-15 and even a few F-16 pilots. If an F-16 pilot managed to recover from the shock of seeing a MIG-21 coming at him in Nevada, it was the F-16's quickness that save his reputation.

Constant Peg MIG-21s humbled many F-15 and even a few F-16 pilots. If an F-16 pilot managed to recover from the shock of seeing a MIG-21 coming at him in Nevada, it was the F-16's quickness that save his reputation.

Obviously the aircraft in question were probably in the hands of Top Gun aggressor pilots, ironically during the 1971 India Pakistan war, when the MIG-21 was indeed F-16 of the day, none the less at lest two were shot down by the humble F-86 Sabres.

Obviously the aircraft in question were probably in the hands of Top Gun aggressor pilots, ironically during the 1971 India Pakistan war, when the MIG-21 was indeed F-16 of the day, none the less at lest two were shot down by the humble F-86 Sabres.
Who else to best exploit the -21's best capabilities? You want experienced pilots, those who have a lot of flight hours in diverse aircrafts to know how to deal with different aircraft behaviors, flight characteristics and idiosyncrasies. With that kind of knowledge, it did not take long for them to find out the baseline capabilities of the -21, which was superior maneuverability to many US aircrafts, and proceed to show how the -21 could prevail. I said it before here and will repeat: In any fight, you win not by fighting under your opponent's rules but by forcing him to fight under yours. And cheating is allowed. Rules are advantages like superior maneuverability or engine thrust or roll rate.

The Constant Peg program was a great success. In a real war, it is rare to have a chance to recover from a surprise. Programs like Constant Peg allowed many such recoveries for US pilots, who after repeated engagements against the best pilots in the -21 eventually defeat their instructors, which was the goal of the program.

Windjammer, the day you post a positive article about India or heck even post a positive comment about India...that would be a day of Qayamat. Wouldn't it?

Windjammer, the day you post a positive article about India or heck even post a positive comment about India...that would be a day of Qayamat. Wouldn't it?

but buddy why do we need him to appreciate India...That's his choice...As of now the topic is Mig-21 being considered as Flying Coffin's...If i get the pulse of the thread correct then what thread starter wants to say or agree is that Mig-21 are/were very potent platform however IAF is not worthy enough to fly them....

I would suggest you to challenge that rather then having impossible wish :)

Albeit deckingraj has cleared up some cobwebs but then you may not be prepared for Qayamat. :cheers:

from india daily
mig-29-crash_60.gif

oh i feel the Pakistani persons are running after watching an Indian mig.....:sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

oh i feel the Pakistani persons are running after watching an Indian mig.....:sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

Yup just innocent people running to save them from flying coffin. Who wants to get killed because of some dum* individual anyway.

Yup just innocent people running to save them from flying coffin. Who wants to get killed because of some dum* individual anyway.

Mr. areesh...seems u r against India more personally...no offence .
also yes the mig-21 were getting outdated and the russian spares werent that good.....but dont forget what they did to f-104 starfighters..
but i have no embarrasement to admit that our machines<mig-21> were not in a good condition till 2008...bit now the left mig-21 bisons<121 in numbers> are extremely good and are considered 3.5 generation planes....
well now we have su-30mki which will rip off most of the advanced planes currently in Asia............:wave::wave:

WindJammer

I have a question here. Why Mig 21 earned the honorable title of flying coffin but not F-7. What is the reason?

:what:

WindJammer

I have a question here. Why Mig 21 earned the honorable title of flying coffin but not F-7. What is the reason?

because f-7 is a copy of mig-21 which is not even considered a plane but an unlicensed version of mig-21...also we had near about 683 mig-21's and after the breakdown of soviet its spare parts became nearly impossible to have......
moreover i got a question for you

Why our inferior folland gnat got the title of Sabre slayer??????????

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

WindJammer

also which fighter is in your avatar pic...plz just for curiosity:cheers:

Mr. areesh...seems u r against India more personally...no offence .
also yes the mig-21 were getting outdated and the russian spares werent that good.....but dont forget what they did to f-104 starfighters..
but i have no embarrasement to admit that our machines<mig-21> were not in a good condition till 2008...bit now the left mig-21 bisons<121 in numbers> are extremely good and are considered 3.5 generation planes....
well now we have su-30mki which will rip off most of the advanced planes currently in Asia............:wave::wave:

Please educate us what did they do to F-104?

because f-7 is a copy of mig-21 which is not even considered a plane but an unlicensed version of mig-21...also we had near about 683 mig-21's and after the breakdown of soviet its spare parts became nearly impossible to have......
moreover i got a question for you

Why our inferior folland gnat got the title of Sabre slayer??????????

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

also which fighter is in your avatar pic...plz just for curiosity:cheers:

I was asking WJ not you.:cheers: Just want to know the WJ's version for it.;)

Make a guess which aircraft is this!

:azn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom