What's new

The financial rise of Riyadh and the Jeddah/Makkah region

All I see is PetroDollars all over the place.

Who is going to lease/ buy all these office buildings? Sure, just like Abu Dubai and Dubai "WOW look! at all these international companies that are bringing offices to our cities."

Israel is far better off. The only thing AD and Dubai has is the distribution centers, not the R&D or manufacturing, international stock market, that are worthwhile.

Thəorətic Muslim;4125735 said:
All I see is PetroDollars all over the place.

Who is going to lease/ buy all these office buildings? Sure, just like Abu Dubai and Dubai "WOW look! at all these international companies that are bringing offices to our cities."

Israel is far better off. The only thing AD and Dubai has is the distribution centers, not the R&D or manufacturing, international stock market, that are worthwhile.

Another user that has no idea what he is talking about or even read this thread which states cold facts. Stop trolling. KSA know what they are doing and the results speak for themselves. Much more is yet to come and much more will be improved. Just a matter of time.

This thread is not about Israel nor Abu "Dubai" (I think you mean Abu Dhabi) or Dubai which are not comparable to KSA. Anyway they are both doing better than 95 percent of all Muslim lands and most places on earth.

We just discovered 10s of millions of new oil fields and natural gas. Surprisingly, the West coast has more gas than oil ,unlike the East coast. As for the other natural resources, the Government up to this moment never decided what ought to be next. Similarly, we didn't start producing a competitive portion of Gas ,Qatar won't like it ,and we care about them TBQH.

That could be true if we didn't have taken countermeasures.

I which case, qatar should be cut down to size and made to stand inline.

they have been naughty.

Another user that has no idea what he is talking about or even read this thread which states cold facts. Stop trolling. KSA know what they are doing and the results speak for themselves. Much more is yet to come and much more will be improved. Just a matter of time.

This thread is not about Israel nor Abu "Dubai" (I think you mean Abu Dhabi) or Dubai which are not comparable to KSA. Anyway they are both doing better than 95 percent of all Muslim lands and most places on earth.

Mr. Al Hasani,
InshALLAH we will see how far Saudi Arabia is able to improve, without being able to buy-off it's citizens by offering free food so the Saud Family can stay in power.

InshALLAH we will see how far Saudi Arabia is able to improve, without being able to subsidize food, utilities, etc.

I did not mean to Troll, I apologize if you saw my last post that way. I was just attempting to link the inability of Gulf nations to bring in R&D centers, manufacturing, and/ or international stock markets which will and do set industrialized nations from wantabe ones.

Thəorətic Muslim;4132818 said:
Mr. Al Hasani,
InshALLAH we will see how far Saudi Arabia is able to improve, without being able to buy-off it's citizens by offering free food so the Saud Family can stay in power.

InshALLAH we will see how far Saudi Arabia is able to improve, without being able to subsidize food, utilities, etc.

I did not mean to Troll, I apologize if you saw my last post that way. I was just attempting to link the inability of Gulf nations to bring in R&D centers, manufacturing, and/ or international stock markets which will and do set industrialized nations from wantabe ones.

Mr. Thəorətic Muslim, there is no need to explain anything to you. The results speak for themselves and moreover everything that has been said in this thread has been backed up by sources and actual results. I am not sure if you had a unpleasant experience while doing labour work in the GCC but that has no impact on the reality. I live in this present time and what concerns me is what is happening right here and now.

What I see is the biggest Middle Eastern economy, biggest investments in wind, solar, new universities, new industrial cities etc. in the region.

Then I compare it with Europe, where I currently live, and all I see is unemployment, rapid decrease in the economy, social problems, growing dissatisfaction and a decreasing population.

Lastly I don't really care what outsiders think given that they have a much lesser lack of knowledge about what is really happening which is only natural given that they are foreigners. The only reason I respond to you, yet again, is because you keep trolling and repeating the same things, thinking it will be right and that you discovered the Holy Grail while people who actually run countries (very successfully as the actual results confirm) have not.

You are right, I am an Outsider looking in. But you too have to keep an open mind.

It is one thing to invest in solar/wind energy to build solar/ wind farms, its another to invest in R&D to create better solar/ wind technology. That's what the future will be, R&D, not the amount of farms you have.

Universities are only good if they are able to provide the necessary skills to students who have somewhere to go after they graduate. You don't have to make a Harvard in Saudi Arabia. Just an institution that can "crank out" youthful students who want to improve their country.

Just saturating factors all over Saudi Arabia will not bring anything. You need people to man those factors. Skilled labor able to make things, not matchbox toy cars but these wind turbines, solar panels. You need an economy that is able to support itself.
There are plenty of empty warehouses and factories here in the US. Doing nothing, because the US doesnt have people who can make solar panel/ wind turbines; these factories cant be converted to that use.

For the next bi-century, many people see the R&D/ Innovation centers remaining in the West.

The main point is an economy that can support itself. Building things for show isn't going to accomplish anything. Can we agree on that?

Thəorətic Muslim;4133178 said:
You are right, I am an Outsider looking in. But you too have to keep an open mind.

It is one thing to invest in solar/wind energy to build solar/ wind farms, its another to invest in R&D to create better solar/ wind technology. That's what the future will be, R&D, not the amount of farms you have.

Universities are only good if they are able to provide the necessary skills to students who have somewhere to go after they graduate. You don't have to make a Harvard in Saudi Arabia. Just an institution that can "crank out" youthful students who want to improve their country.

Just saturating factors all over Saudi Arabia will not bring anything. You need people to man those factors. Skilled labor able to make things, not matchbox toy cars but these wind turbines, solar panels. You need an economy that is able to support itself.
There are plenty of empty warehouses and factories here in the US. Doing nothing, because the US doesnt have people who can make solar panel/ wind turbines; these factories cant be converted to that use.

For the next bi-century, many people see the R&D/ Innovation centers remaining in the West.

The main point is an economy that can support itself. Building things for show isn't going to accomplish anything. Can we agree on that?

Why are you so concerned about KSA? I don't understand it. We will be just fine and if not then it will be our problem. Not yours. You will not care anyway. You are repeating yourself. I already gave a link to a thread that deals with your points. The KAUST is one of the leading universities in the world and the leading in the region when it comes to technology and science. Vast industrial towns are being constructed and approved. The biggest in the region by far with well-defined plans. No other country is doing that in our region.

Why do you think thousands of Saudis study at the leading universities in USA and Europe just to return back and help the country?

Why do you think that illegal immigrants are being deported in the thousands?

Anyway no matter what is being done there will always be criticism. This goes for all countries and it is human nature. Either it is, you don't invest enough in this and that, then when the illegal immigrants are being deported to help the local workforce/economy then criticism comes. When the penalties are "barbaric (LOL)" people complain even though they ensure the most secure country in the region in terms of criminality. If such punishments were not there people would complain about the high number of criminals. Same nonsense.

Also nobody claims that anything is perfect. Because nothing is perfect besides Allah (swt). It is against the natural law to be perfect. Much is needed to be done and much is already happening.

Lastly I advice you to take a look at the links I provided to you and make some research on your own before commenting, if you really care that much. I don't comment on Pakistani economic issues simply because I don't know about it enough to make bombastic claims. If I ever did I would make sure to research that particular area beforehand.

the economy is based on oil and not self reliance, what if one day oil runs out? they will be stone age in no time

Lets wait for that day, and while we are at it. Waiting that is, why dont we try to fix the mess that our own home have become. Oh wait the evil Wahabis yes, I remember. Lets just wait.

That blood oil is bothering everybody. :disagree:
:pakistan:
Lets wait for that day, and while we are at it. Waiting that is, why dont we try to fix the mess that our own home have become. Oh wait the evil Wahabis yes, I remember. Lets just wait.

Riyadh:

8725955941_f065a3b248_b.jpg

:yahoo:

making fancy buildings is not equivalent for true economies, when saud runs off oil, these desert cities will soon vanish

You should be the last one talking - you are trying to build the worlds tallest skyscraper in Karachi.

This may or may not come as surprise, but Saudi Arabia is actually finding more oil and gas.
They have invested enough to produce more energy than they need ( solar, wind and NUCLEAR ).

so I suggest you rethink your theory.

:tup: And he will be a fool who thinks their leaders are not more capable than our's. Well our's are not even capable to 1/4 of what GCC leaders are capable of in how to run a country and where to invest.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle-east-africa/262631-155b-solar-energy-projects-planned-gcc.html

Having oil alone is no guaranty of development, central African republics are an example.

You are far from reality, Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world, with planned industrial cities and unaccounted small industrial estates.

Saudi Arabia is rich in mineral resources other than oil... e.g. gold.

Where as oil is not running out soon and credit of Saudi Arabia's current standing goes to its governors.
I don't think any one could have performed any better.

the economy is based on oil and not self reliance, what if one day oil runs out? they will be stone age in no time

I'm sure KSA will diversify their economy before the oil runs out, so they will become less dependent on oil revenues.

making fancy buildings is not equivalent for true economies, when saud runs off oil, these desert cities will soon vanish

And he will be a fool who thinks their leaders are not more capable than our's. Well our's are not even capable to 1/4 of what GCC leaders are capable of in how to run a country and where to invest.

To have a developed nation you don't need oil or gas or any other resource, you only need a capable leadership who will invest in extracting the best in human resource of the nation and keep them in the country and nurture their talent and expertise by providing opportunities no matter whatever sector, and GCC countries are doing just that.

no resource + capable leadership = developed country

no resource + incapable leadership = under developed country

resource + capable leadership = developed country

resource + incapable leadership = under developed country

There are examples of all the above scenarios in the real world only if you try to search for them and know how good is Pakistan doing on the world stage.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom