What's new

The financial rise of Riyadh and the Jeddah/Makkah region

Guys the guy is trolling. Jeddah, Riyadh, Makkah, Medina, Eastern province and rest of KSA cities are well organized and world class constructed. Is he going to teach us about our own hood.

I agree. We are working to clean up the messy ones as well. Just give it a bit of time.

No doubt every city has its own back of the truck thing and that was due the high number of illegal people living there, mainly African.

You're taking about the quarantine bro right? :lol: ..

I do agree with you on the Airport part though. The thing is that Jeddah Airport is extremely busy in all days per year as millions use it to travel locally, internationally from Jeddah to Mecca.

As for Jeddah, you should have gone to the modern City of Jeddah.

We often refer to old Jeddah as the quarantine :lol:

That means I was in the quarantine area. I was there for three days only. Most of the time in Mecca which also a big dug out as Ka'aba Baitullah is being expanded.

That means I was in the quarantine area. I was there for three days only. Most of the time in Mecca which also a big dug out as Ka'aba Baitullah is being expanded.

You visited at the wrong time bro. Wait a few more years or at least until 2015 and then you are more than welcome to visit. Jeddah, Makkah and other areas of Hijaz are right now a building place. Traffic jams etc. Especially in Jeddah. Another time.

If you did not see any of this then you did not visit the real old Jeddah:

Scott Kelby's Jeddah Photowalk 09
by {HOOK}, on Flickr

Jeddah Historical Area 3
by {HOOK}, on Flickr

9421595977_b13b10aa4d_b.jpg

9424367954_859b896aeb_b.jpg

5396079821_4d92fbf2b8_b.jpg

6604371301_bd63dbb0a2_b.jpg

7066375361_c91c27fd19_b.jpg

4904884436_bdfc1b1cb7_b.jpg

7208957178_0027933913_b.jpg

8214931706_9079563c87_b.jpg

The one who took you must have lured you with an inexpensive price for accommodation. The area lacks the very basic services such as water and electricity. Once you got there, you feel like as if you were condemned to hell.

We would like to shut it down once and for all. But the thing is that its people - of whom the vast majority are Africans - have no place to go except that place.

The one who took you must have lured you with an inexpensive price for accommodation. The area lacks the very basic services such as water and electricity. Once you got there, you feel like as if you were condemned to hell.

We would like to shut it down once and for all. But the thing is that its people - of whom the vast majority are Africans - have no place to go except that place.

We should make that place better. Many poor people. Also bigger crime rates. The illegals must go though!

We should make that place better. Many poor people. Also bigger crime rates. The illegals must go though!

These " illegal " humans have no place to go.

I understand what you're trying to say, but either send the undocumented people to where they came from or try to nationalize those who worth it.

These " illegal " humans have no place to go.

I understand what you're trying to say, but either send the undocumented people to where they came from or try to nationalize those who worth it.

I mean those that have stayed here for a very long time, maybe generations, should stay but must be helped out of slum life. The new illegals must be deported.

In Makkah you know what is happening right now with certain neighborhoods. This must continue.

I dont know. I landed at Jeddah airport and drove from there to Mecca in a taxi driven by a Saudi who did not understand a single word of English. Anyway on the highway I saw the area and thats what I mentioned to as disappointment. I stayed in one of the 5 star hotels right in front of Kaaba.

I did go to the city as well. To me it looked very underdeveloped, not a city of a very rich country. :)

I dont know. I landed at Jeddah airport and drove from there to Mecca in a taxi driven by a Saudi who did not understand a single word of English. Anyway on the highway I saw the area and thats what I mentioned to as disappointment. I stayed in one of the 5 star hotels right in front of Kaaba.

I did go to the city as well. To me it looked very underdeveloped, not a city of a very rich country. :)

Here is some pics from Jeddah. B.S aside please.

10018199973_66270b2557_b.jpg

8414545365_627335eaab_b.jpg

insta_G_2013_10_21_23_05_20_1.jpg

8319529605_5f9dff3aab_b.jpg

8274416912_6b797e79cb_b.jpg

8701841066_6ce7c791e7_b.jpg

9485631397_0bd9d18109_b.jpg

46.jpg

7478505084_b103769cb1_b.jpg

6693941201_cbc22fe887_b.jpg

There are so much to show but let me just stop there.

Btw, This is not visiting time, KSA authority don't issue visa in such time. How did you manage to get in?

making fancy buildings is not equivalent for true economies, when saud runs off oil, these desert cities will soon vanish
When the arabs runs out of oil they will own the world. Right now they are buying and building companies like crazy and not to mention they are building mega infrastructure to support their economy. They do not have to worry about energy if the oil run out since they still have solar which by that time will be mature technologically.

Riyadh and in particular KAFD rising.

11549532394_e02c7eca93_k.jpg

D7zTn.jpg

11671018233_f494d30bd1_h.jpg

1512767_498228820293247_488623619_n.jpg

Last year Riyadh was the 19th most visited city in the world:

Most Visited Cities In The World 2013 - In Photos: Most Visited Cities In The World 2013 - Forbes

More information about KAFD can be found below:

The King Abdullah Financial District (KAFD) is a new development under construction near King Fahad Road in the Asahafa area of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia[1][2] being undertaken by the Rayadah Investment Corporation[3] on behalf of the Pension Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, consisting of 34 towers in an area of 1.6 million square metres. It will provide more than 3 million square metres of space for various uses, 62,000 parking spaces and accommodation for 12,000 residents. In 2011 it was the largest project in the world seeking green building accreditation.[4] Bombardier won a $241m USD contract to build an automated monorail for the development.[5][6] The district is designed to keep it isolated from close contact with the strictly monitored Riyadh society.[7] The design guidelines do not separate the sexes in the district.[7] The KAFD master plan was designed and overseen by Danish Architects Henning Larsen Henning_Larsen_Architects

The project is estimated to cost 29 billion Saudi riyals ($7.8 billion).[8]

King Abdullah Financial District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
@BATMAN

In his imagination. That user is a well-known anti-Arab and anti-Sunni Muslim so don't take him seriously. There are no so-called "desert cities" in KSA anyway. Settlements in what is now Riyadh have existed for THOUSANDS of years.

Besides it is located on a plateau nearly 700 meters above sea level and just like nearly all of Najd is highland which Najd also means in Arabic

Anyway let us stick to the topic Some people are envious and a waste of time.

Look at Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Those were normal small tiny fishing villages that there are literary hundred of thousands of in the Arab world but today they are world cities and especially Dubai is in the top 5 of most visited cities in the world and I don't need to post photos of how both cities look. Many people don't like such a rapid growth and get envious.

1546360_10151839968571937_887349086_n.jpg

1507674_10151839966371937_1994949334_n.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom