What's new

The financial rise of Riyadh and the Jeddah/Makkah region

KAFD looking good so far and expanding rapidly. Still much, much work left.

20484_zps0b17e4cf.jpg

BeC_3THCMAA_hPQ.jpg:large

Anyway looking fantastic so far.:yahoo:

Last edited:
How KAFD is supposed to look when finished based on a model. There will be plenty room of enlarging the financial district btw. It will be very similar to the financial district in Paris - La Défense which I personally like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Défense

GPdQI.jpg

JxABu.jpg

X0vTA.jpg

insta_G_2014_01_30_21_12_57.jpg

insta_G_2014_01_30_21_13_20.jpg

12121437753_2a458f028a_b.jpg

2048_zpsa43bbb65.jpg

Riyadh like Paris also have those long/open and straight roads/boulevards. Will look good.

Last edited:
Here is some pics from Jeddah. B.S aside please.

These pictures of Jeddah are amazing! :cheers:

I especially like these two:

10018199973_66270b2557_b.jpg

7478505084_b103769cb1_b.jpg

This city has a really good location as well, right on the coast of the Red Sea, where much of the world's trade passes through.

I wonder why Egypt did not take advantage of it's strategic location like this.

@Chinese-Dragon

Jeddah is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities of the world. About 3000 years old. The grave of Eve is also believed to be in Jeddah. It is and have always historically been the major port city of the Red Sea and arguably one of the very biggest of the ME region. Egypt's main ports are located along the Mediterranean Sea. Such as Alexandria.;)

For instance Jeddah was a major trading port/hub for frankincense etc. which 3500-3000 years ago until about 2000 years ago was one of the most valuable commodities of the ancient world.

Incense Route - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many good documentaries about the ancient incense route/trade.

This made the region very rich. Later when incense lost its prominence Islam came and Jeddah once again like most of Hijaz became a point of big interest due to the Muslim pilgrimage.

Likewise the biggest goldmine of the ME region is found not far from Jeddah. In Hijaz.

Mahd adh Dhahab. 5000 years old. Still a mine today.

Mahd adh Dhahab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

Interesting, it says that it might be where the Garden of Eden (or the place that inspired it) originally was.

On a side note, check the second picture I posted above, it does look like a "Garden of Eden" but this time for tourists. :D

Yes, that's what plenty of records and even the link says is a possibility.:D

Mr Saud has taken most of the oil wealth and parked it in US and Bush and his cronies are enjoying that investment dividends. Some crumbs are thrown to the SArabian population and they are happy.UNles they can improve their HDI level , no hope for Saudgi.

Mr Saud has taken most of the oil wealth and parked it in US and Bush and his cronies are enjoying that investment dividends. Some crumbs are thrown to the SArabian population and they are happy.UNles they can improve their HDI level , no hope for Saudgi.

Maybe you should stop bullshitting/trolling on issues that you have absolutely no clue about?

2hcjmo4.png

xlgdi9.png

There is a huge chance that the average Saudi Arabians lives a much more comfortable life than the average citizen of the country of your origin. In fact I am sure about this being the case.

@Aeronaut please deal with this trollish post and attempt of derailing the thread.

When the arabs runs out of oil they will own the world. Right now they are buying and building companies like crazy and not to mention they are building mega infrastructure to support their economy. They do not have to worry about energy if the oil run out since they still have solar which by that time will be mature technologically.

I think you are right.

Saudi Aramco ALONE has over $10 trillion in underground reserves. That makes it the most valuable company in the entire world, and dwarfs the total GDP of major nations like Russia by many many many times.

Saudi also has the largest current account surplus in the entire world, as of last years data.

And they are doing the right thing with it, investing it strategically.

And that is just Saudi alone, not even counting the rest of the GCC. And you should count the GCC as a whole, since they act together.

When the oil runs out, their investments will have grown beyond measure, and as you say, they will own the world.

Maybe you should stop bullshitting/trolling on issues that you have absolutely no clue about?

2hcjmo4.png

xlgdi9.png

There is a huge chance that the average Saudi Arabians lives a much more comfortable life than the average citizen of the country of your origin. In fact I am sure about this being the case.

@Aeronaut please deal with this trollish post and attempt of derailing the thread.
I too have no doubt that the average S Arabian lives well off compared to most other countries. but remember the std of living has been coming down constantly since 80s, because of population explosion.
anyways, just because I point out something wrong if you think I am trolling , so be it.. this is my last post on this thread.

I think you are right.

Saudi Aramco ALONE has over $10 trillion in underground reserves. That makes it the most valuable company in the entire world, and dwarfs the total GDP of major nations like Russia by many many many times.

Saudi also has the largest current account surplus in the entire world, as of last years data.

And that is just Saudi alone, not even counting the rest of the GCC. And you should count the GCC as a whole, since they act together.

When the oil runs out, their investments will have grown beyond measure, and as you say, they will own the world.
exactly. I hope Mr King will stop support and spreading Wasabi teachings and become more normal. Also they should stop trying to be equals of Persians and begging US to blow them up.

Last edited:
but remember the std of living has been coming down constantly since 80s, because of population explosion.

First of all it is called the population boom. Second of all, the population boom didn't reach its fully mature phase until the 90s unlike what took place in other countries where their Mullahs encourage them to " breed " more mainly to compensate for the kids died while clearing up the minefields for their military.

Another thing is the standard of living was much much higher in the 80s compared to the 70s or the 60s. This is mainly due to the dramatic change between the Faisal doctrine to Khalid's who doubled salaries, for example. Another key elements was the full development of the energy production industries which reached to its peak in the 80s as well as the sanctions imposed by the US on the Iranians for their civilized behavior in storming the US embassy in Tehran. Eventually, this has lead to an a tremendous increased in the GDP.

You don't know the hell you're talking about.

exactly. I hope Mr King will stop support and spreading Wasabi teachings and become more normal. Also they should stop trying to be equals of Persians and begging US to blow them up.

Before we start responding to this, there are few things you and I need to come into an agreement to in order to fruit out a meaningful argument.

First is that Persia was pronounced dead centuries ago prior to the existence to the US.

Second is that, history haver proven that whenever the Saudis stroke back at Iran's aggression, the later never responded to it. Take the Hajj incidents as an example, and there are many more.

We don't tend to put race before everything we do. The master-race mentality never worked out. I can assure you that whenever race was put before political aims, things never ended up well.

Another thing is we don't wish to equate ourselves with a culturally, historically, religiously, and socially defeated regimes led by fanatics with those who clap for them.

I too have no doubt that the average S Arabian lives well off compared to most other countries. but remember the std of living has been coming down constantly since 80s, because of population explosion.
anyways, just because I point out something wrong if you think I am trolling , so be it.. this is my last post on this thread.

I think you are right.

:tup:

KAFD rising:

xkos.jpg

I think you are right.

Oh my God !
I dream no doubt ??? I'm awake ??? :jester:

Finally someone has all understood. It’s just a miracle. :cheesy:

@ Chinese-Dragon

A wonderful gift, just for you. Enjoy ! :azn:

Need help ?

Link : Google translate

Quote :

L'industrialisation des Etats pétroliers

8 février 2008
par Jeaul-Baquiast

Le cœur de développement économique et technologique du monde va-t-il migrer vers l’Arabie saoudite et les Emirats ? La question doit être posée. On sait en effet que l’Arabie saoudite a depuis longtemps compris qu’elle devait utiliser les revenus de ses exportations de pétrole pour se donner des bases industrielles et technologiques capables de prendre le relais du développement quand le pétrole s’épuisera. Les Emirats du golfe Persique font de même.

Pour le moment, ces projets n’éveillent pas d’inquiétude particulière chez les puissances géopolitiques visant à la maîtrise du monde de demain. Les Etats-Unis comptent sur la solidité de leur tissu industriel et scientifique pour ne pas se trouver déclassés par les futurs centres de compétences que les Etats arabes édifient à grande vitesse. Au contraire, ils espèrent bénéficier les premiers, grâce à la délocalisation de leurs laboratoires et entreprises, du boom de la région. La Chine et secondairement l’Inde, elles aussi très actives sur place, en tirent de nombreux avantages, notamment en termes d’acquisition de marchés où exporter leurs biens de consommation et leur main-d’œuvre. Elles ne s’inquiètent pas, vu la puissance des économies-monde qu’elles représentent à elles deux, de la concurrence d’Etats arabes qui restent petits par rapport à elles. Quant à l’Europe, qui n’a toujours pas de perspectives stratégiques à long terme en quelques domaines que ce soit, elle se borne à regarder avec curiosité la croissance des futurs mégapoles de la mer Rouge et du Golfe persique, en espérant en profiter très marginalement. C’est ainsi que la France s’est mobilisée pour des projets qu’il faut bien qualifier de dérisoires au regard des enjeux en cause, comme l’ouverture du Louvre d’Abou Dhabi ou l’implantation d’un quartier imité du vieux Lyon à Dubaï.

On peut penser cependant que cette insouciance partagée trahit une véritable inconséquence, celle par laquelle les vieux empires précipitent leur fin par aveuglement. Il faut bien voir que l’addiction au pétrole des pays occidentaux, comme d'ailleurs celle de leurs concurrents asiatiques, aboutit à donner aux Etats producteurs, quasiment gratuitement en termes de contrepartie de leur part, les briques avec lesquelles ils construisent actuellement leur future domination du monde. Jusqu’à présent, les Etats industriels n’avaient construit leur puissance que dans la sueur et le sang, en comprimant férocement la consommation de leurs populations. Le même processus se poursuit à bien plus grande échelle en Chine et en Inde. Chaque euro investi se paye par des souffrances énormes au sein de la population. Les Pays arabes n’ont au contraire, si l’on peut dire, qu’à se baisser non pas seulement pour s’enrichir, mais pour se donner les usines monstrueuses et les laboratoires énormes grâce auxquels ils pourront jouer dans la cour non seulement des grands mais des super-grands. Il leur suffit de vendre leur pétrole et d’acheter la compétence mondiale avec les sommes ainsi accumulées.

Les pays capitalistes occidentaux commencent à s’inquiéter de voir les fonds d’Etat riches de milliards de pétro-dollars menacer de racheter toutes leurs entreprises cotées en bourse. Mais ils devraient s’inquiéter bien davantage de voir que dans un futur de quelques années, cet argent ne se limitera pas à des achats et des délocalisations D’ores et déjà, l’appât du gain facile attire un nombre croissant d’entreprises et d’hommes venant d’Amérique et d’Europe. Des sites industriels et commerciaux, des équipements urbains se créent. Ils jouent un puissant rôle d’attraction pour d’autres à venir. Tout ceci une fois implanté ne disparaîtra pas avec la diminution des réserves de pétrole. Ces installations prendront tout naturellement le relais d’un certain nombre de sites américains et bien plus encore des sites européens vieillis, sous-équipés et progressivement abandonnés par la jeunesse productive. Ajoutons que les Etats arabes ne séparant pas l’expansion économique de celle de leur religion, ils se feront plus que jamais les propagandistes de leurs croyances dans le reste du monde, dollars à l’appui, ce qui leur ouvrira d’innombrables portes et marchés dans le monde musulman.

Manque de réaction des Européens

C’est pourquoi on peut s’étonner de voir le manque de réaction des Européens, pour ne mentionner qu’eux, à l’énoncé des projets de l’Arabie Saoudite, pour ne mentionner qu’elle. Citons quelques éléments. Un plan de 500 milliards de dollars d’investissement vient d’être arrêté pour les 20 prochaines années. Il créera de nombreuses nouvelles villes et usines, avec des millions d’emploi. Les usines ne seront pas seulement pétro-chimiques. Sur une base pétrochimique, tel le projet Petro Rabigh, joint venture entre le pétrolier public Saudi Aramco et l’entreprise japonaise Sumitomo Chemicals, ces complexes produiront toutes la gamme des produits industriels et de grande consommation vendus dans le monde.

Or les revenus du pétrole ne cessent d’augmenter. Selon l’Institut de Finance Internationale basé à Washington, ils ont atteint 1,5 trillions de dollars de 2002 à 2006. L’essentiel n’a pas servi à constituer les fonds d’Etat que l’on commence, fort justement, de redouter en Occident. Ila été réinvestis sur place, et pas seulement dans des équipements touristiques ou des tours géantes. Ils servent à financer des équipements de télécommunication, des routes, des ports et aéroports, ainsi que – le plus important pour l’avenir – des universités qui bien que se voulant islamiques ne négligeront aucune discipline technologique importante. Nous avions indiqué précédemment que l’achat par les Emirats de gros porteurs Airbus, dont l’Europe, à juste titre, s’est félicitée, permettra en fait de faire fonctionner, avec la bénédiction des Européens, un immense « hub » entre l’Asie et l’Amérique, destiné à se substituer progressivement à Londres, Francfort et Paris, au profit des activités de transport mais aussi des implantations commerciales et industrielles associées.

Le Royaume Saoudien, actuellement peuplé de 24 millions d’habitants dont 7 millions d’étrangers, attend compte tenu de son taux élevé de natalité 40 millions de citoyens vers 2025. Pour occuper tout ce monde, l’objectif est de faire pour cette date du Royaume une puissance industrielle majeure. A coup de milliards de dollars, le plan patronné par le Roi Abdullah vise à construire 6 nouvelles villes sur le territoire du pays, dont la King Abdullah Economic City à l’ouest, la Knowledge Economic City près de Médine et la Prince Abdulaziz bin Mousaed Economic City au nord. Ces villes devraient vers 2020 ajouter 150 milliards par an au produit national, créer 1 million d’emplois qualifiés et loger 5 millions de personnes.

Certes, ces projets susciteront beaucoup de difficultés, inflation rampante, manque de main-d’œuvre, risques pour un environnement déjà fragile. Ils pourront aussi provoquer des réactions religieuses fondamentalistes. Mais avec beaucoup de dollars, ces problèmes peuvent se résoudre. Que devrait dans ces conditions faire l’Amérique ? Plus particulièrement, que devrait faire l’Europe, dont les perspectives économiques dans la région sont bien moindres ? La réponse de bon sens serait de cesser de consommer autant de pétrole, autrement dit de diminuer les cadeaux faits à des Etats qui, comme aurait dit Lénine, tissent la corde pour nous pendre. Avec les sommes économisées, les Etats européens devraient investir dans les énergies de remplacement (sans oublier le nucléaire) et les industries où ils ont conservé quelques maîtrise. Mais diminuer la consommation de pétrole signifierait s’engager dans des processus de décroissance rationnelle portant sur certaines consommations et relancer des politiques industrielles et de recherche impossibles en dehors d’un protectionnisme sélectif lui-même décidé au niveau Européen.

Nous en sommes loin – pour le moment. Dans quelques années, nécessité faisant loi, les points de vue changeront sans doute. Mais ne sera-t-il pas trop tard ?

Continue… See all old links :

GCC States Economy & Development

KAEC to have 2m people, projects worth $100bn on completion: CEO | Page 2

KAEC to have 2m people, projects worth $100bn on completion: CEO | Page 3