What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

This is old pic...

Military delivered 750 AK-47s to volunteers.

1463471256969.jpg

Do the volunteers have any rights to hunt pkk members?

This is old pic...

Military delivered 750 AK-47s to volunteers.

1463471256969.jpg

Btw, did turkish military deliver any protection vests also?

Do the volunteers have any rights to hunt pkk members?

I think so. I'm not quiete knowledgeable on the issue. But there is a system in Turkey called "Village Guards". The system applied 2 decades ago, by arming villagers in the southern east region to defend them from PKK.

So, i think the same system applies here. ı don't think there are any legal issues.

Btw, did turkish military deliver any protection vests also?

As far as i see, AK-47s, ammunition and assault vests. Military doesn't expect villagers to go on hunting PKK. If they can defend their villages until the security forces arrive at the scene, it's enough. But i know Black Sea people are going to hunt PKK terrorists like pigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Village guard system isn't limited to SE Turkey. It's been applied in eastern Black Sea region as well, for at least 20 years. I remember watching village guards in Gümüşhane and Giresun in the news in 1994-95. Then we had pkk infestation in this region in 1997-98. But these village guards aren't as effective as those in SE Turkey. They lack basic skills and experience.

When I was studying at university one of my room mate was from Samsun. If the stories which are told us by him is true pkk has no chance there. According to him, people of black see region are crazy like real life mad max characters. Life is kinda wild west style life there.

People of black see region are funny. Really really funny. I like 'em. Long story short, they rock man. :-)

Last edited:
I also know someone who told me the exact same thing also everyone seem to have at least a handgun

I think so. I'm not quiete knowledgeable on the issue. But there is a system in Turkey called "Village Guards". The system applied 2 decades ago, by arming villagers in the southern east region to defend them from PKK.

So, i think the same system applies here. ı don't think there are any legal issues.

As far as i see, AK-47s, ammunition and assault vests. Military doesn't expect villagers to go on hunting PKK. If they can defend their villages until the security forces arrive at the scene, it's enough. But i know Black Sea people are going to hunt PKK terrorists like pigs.

Black Sea people? This is not the operation area of pkk!

We are losing too much prof. soldier. Actually latest days looks like we are losing more than that we are killing. İ dont understand how we lost +60 men in Nusaybin.

We are losing too much prof. soldier. Actually latest days looks like we are losing more than that we are killing. İ dont understand how we lost +60 men in Nusaybin.

Many by IED's. It's hard to counter these weapons. This is an enemy you don't see.

Back
Top Bottom