What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

I stand corrected looks like it started earlier in the republics history and some stuff in the late ottoman era. The important thing though is how big these rebellions were.

The last Tunceli/Dersim rebellion was pretty big.. even Turkish army had difficulties in the beginning and spend a few months to finish the rebellion.

You have to be know why they revolted, so If many of Kurdish were revolting for get lands they would be get or many of their soldiers would be died. So there is no this kind of event in our history....

Also you can see lots of Turkish stereotypical revolted because of different reasons in our history, right ?

13000 people died in the dersim rebellion.
Dersim İsyanı - Vikipedi

Last edited by a moderator:
The last Tunceli/Dersim rebellion was pretty big.. even Turkish army had difficulties in the beginning and spend a few months to finish the rebellion.

13000 people died in the dersim rebellion.
Dersim İsyanı - Vikipedi

This is after Ottoman so we mentioned that old politicans pressured Kurdish so you confirmed it.

Ottomans was pretty much alive in 1806, i know what you are trying to say but it started long before Young Turks movement.
SO

Small rebellion movements allways being in every countries, even taksim events are same thing, it was something like protests method in old time... so every country was seeing lots of small rebellions in their history.

Important thing is that are they supporting you while defend your homeland?

This is after Ottoman so we mentioned that old politicans pressured Kurdish so you confirmed it.

Your assement is unlogical... as you can see, these rebellions existed even in the Ottoman times.... The old politicians were not the cause as you suggested... they literally ended rebellions ?

Can you see any rebellion after Dersim rebellion ?

SO
Small rebellion movements allways being in every countries, even taksim events are same thing, it was something like protests method in old time... so every country was seeing lots of small rebellions in their history.
I know this i was just pointing out some facts before a mess starts you know what i mean.

Important thing is that are they supporting you while defend your homeland?

Kurds supported us in various struggles from Canakkale to Independence war, im gratefull to the them for this.

Your assement is unlogical... as you can see, these rebellions existed even in the Ottoman times.... The old politicians were not the cause as you suggested... they literally ended rebellions ?

Ottoman didn't massacred them like Dersim, of course i know that PKK rebellion.

You can't see any this kind of movements in Ottoman times from Kurdish, just we know that Armenian terrorism in Ottoman times.

I think he is referring to wrong policys against minoritys in the past, he isnt wrong though...

I think he is referring to wrong policys against minoritys in the past, he isnt wrong though...

He is saying something entirely different.. anyways...he said" there were no big rebellion", after i showed dersim rebellion, now he says" Those were not Ottoman times, İsmet İnonü did that"... i know his mentality very well... what is his problem.

Ottoman didn't massacred them like Dersim, of course i know that PKK rebellion.

You can't see any this kind of movements in Ottoman times from Kurdish, just we know that Armenian terrorism in Ottoman times.

There are lot's of Kurdish rebellions in Ottoman times... they are on the source where i posted a few posts ago...

Stop wasting my time, with your unlogical assesments....

It is just basic when Kurdish people well educated and religious in Ottoman times, many of them was supporting us.

After fell Ottomans because of wrong policies of CHP, Kurdish are more ignorant and less religious right now, so their supports and mentality more different according to past.

There is no big event in Ottoman times about Kurdish, as you know tribes allways makes troubles so they have tribes culture like Arabs, even they allways fight each other because of small problems... it was just normal. so if they were wanted to establish their own state as a Kurdish nation, everything would be different....

if you look before AK party, old parties like CHP, MHP, DSP etc. was pressuring them in Turkish republic. This way some of them supporting PKK and BDP.

Last edited:
It is just basic when Kurdish people well educated and religious in Ottoman times, many of them was supporting us.
Education was non existent in Ottoman Empire apart from military education which didnt took place in Kurdish regions, there was also religious education as madrasas in mosques which was basically about teaching religion, there was no education in math, natural sciences etc.
There was a few universities in Ottoman Empire in big cities such as Baghdad, Cairo who lectured islamic history and philosophy, the University of Istanbul was a madrasa till 1900, after that they began with real education.

if you look before AK party old parties like CHP, MHP, DSP etc. was pressuring them in Turkish republic. This way they are supporting PKK.
You are right in this.

Education was non existent in Ottoman Empire apart from military education which didnt took place in Kurdish regions, there was also religious education as madrasas in mosques which was basically about teaching religion, there was no education in math, natural sciences etc.
There was a few universities in Ottoman Empire in big cities such as Baghdad, Cairo who lectured islamic history and philosophy, the University of Istanbul was a madrasa till 1900, after that they began with real education.

You are right in this.

Everybody care about bad speech about Ottomans but Ottomans was not like underdeveloped and mismanagement as described.... maybe sometimes they did something late but they allways tryed the develope our Empire.

in Ottoman times every district was has primary education for childreen then they were taking edutation from Medrese as you say. So literacy rate was higher then today because of religion movements. If you wanted educate more yourself, state was giving you more education. As we know every high technologies was invented by Ottomans that times like strong weapons etc.....

as from 1848 started female education in Ottomans, also after 1859 started higher education systems like in europe, in Second Abdulhamid time education system quite developed but university system really growed late and slowly because of different reasons.

So Anatolian people was educating by medreses, primary schools and mosques that times. Also they were really close with Imams and teachers for learning somethings. As i said if you wanna learn more there was not barrier for you, Ottoman was had nice educational resources.

Everybody care about bad speech about Ottomans but Ottomans was not like underdeveloped and mismanagement as described.... maybe sometimes they did something late but they allways tryed the develope our Empire.
I would never talk bad of Ottomans because they are my forefathers, no Ottomans no Turkey its that simple, but truth be truth, Ottomans was developed for 1500s standarts but they missed the developement later.
Europeans had renaissance while we stood the same for 300-400 years almost no developement between 1500 till late 1800s

in Ottoman times every district was has primary education for childreen then they were taking edutation from Medrese as you say.
You cant call a religious school primary education since they didnt learned anything else than religion there.

So literacy rate was higher then today because of religion movements.
No thats wrong, literacy rate was never so high like today.

If you wanted educate more yourself, state was giving you more education.
Almost nobody could efford higher education that time, education was expensive.

As we know every high technologies was invented by Ottomans that times like strong weapons etc.....
Also not true, what exsactly did the Ottomans invented if i may ask? Even the cannon of Ottomans at the siege of Constantinople was European made...

Dardanelles Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rest of your post is allready aswered.

I would never talk bad of Ottomans because they are my forefathers, no Ottomans no Turkey its that simple, but truth be truth,
Good of you :tup:

Ottomans was developed for 1500s standarts but they missed the developement later.
It is not like that, Ottomans just entered bad stuations after 1800 because of internal and external issues. I think it was destiny of Ottomans, Sultans coldn't stop our falling...

You cant call a religious school primary education since they didnt learned anything else than religion there.
Are you sure that ? so how big writer, poet, statesman was growing like M.Akif Ersoy etc.

No thats wrong, literacy rate was never so high like today.

Our Elders were know old alphabet who as i know and they didn't know new alphabet. So if you ask your elders if they are still alive :)) they will tell you everybody was know our old alphabet.

Even in Second Abdulhamid times Ottoman was had 9000 modern schools for education, you can see just 95 schools in 1923, later times it groves but long time too much people didn't educated in Turkey especially in Kurdish area.

Almost nobody could efford higher education that time, education was expensive.
That time was hard to educate because peoples was working on their job and less of people was educating theirself, it is clear.

Also not true, what exsactly did the Ottomans invented if i may ask? Even the cannon of Ottomans at the siege of Constantinople was European made...

these cannon's barrel's ballistic calculate made by Fatih Sultan Mehmet also he contributed lots of different calculate for these cannons, also you must know that howitzer used first time in a battle by Sultan Mehmet.

Turks invented "yılan kavi" rifle firing system, which was increasing fire rate of rifle, also Rifling was using by Turks before europe etc.

I was read a book about it, if i remember i'll give you book name.

Last edited:
It is not like that, Ottomans just entered bad stuations after 1800 because of internal and external issues. I think it was destiny of Ottomans, Sultans coldn't stop our falling...
Sultans couldnt stop it because the decline of the Empire was a long and slow process which happened over hundreds of years it didnt just started in 1800s, whole Europe progressed while we stood the same for centurys, as you know there was a climax of the Empire, after that there was no progress in economy, technology, military and continous land loss.

I would recommend you this video about the decline of Ottoman Empire its really informative.

Our Elders were know old alphabet who as i know and they didn't know new alphabet. So if you ask your elders if they are still alive :)) they will tell you everybody was know our old alphabet.
Even if, literacy rate isnt a indicator of a good education system, not everyone who can read is good educated, not even today.

these cannons barrels ballistic calculate made by Fatih Sultan Mehmet also he contributed lots of different calculate for these cannons, also you must know that howitzer used first time in a battle by Sultan Mehmet.
Turks invented "yılan kavi" rifle firing system, which was increasing fire rate of rifle, also Rifling was using by Turks before europe etc.
I was read a book about it, if i remember i'll give you book name.
Ottoman inventions can be counted with one hands fingers, its far away from ''Ottomans invented everything at that time'' as you said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom